Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Pick Three! (Sci-fi) Pick Three! (Fantasy)  (Read 4088 times)

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
Pick Three! (Sci-fi) Pick Three! (Fantasy)
« on: August 06, 2011, 07:05:02 PM »

Pretty self explanatory. LOL Pick your favorite three of each or however many you can think of. :)
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
Re: Pick Three! (Sci-fi) Pick Three! (Fantasy)
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2011, 09:28:38 PM »

Yesterday's Blue Skies - I can't say enough how fantastic this story is. It got updated this year, after a LONG time of no new updates. And I still loved it enough to go back, reread to refresh myself, and read the new chapter. I enjoyed it that much.

http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=2422

The Answer is Yes - It starts off with Justin, but there's reason for it. Nick Carter had been missing for months. Soon, Justin Timberlake is abducted, and he finds out exactly where Nick has been this entire time. It's an amazing story about their escape and journey from this like alien slavery camp they've been dropped in.

http://web.archive.org/web/20030924093624/http://bewaretheenchanted.homestead.com/TheAnsweIsYesindex.html

And to bring in something recent...Homecoming by Louise.  - It's an AU, but the bond is still there. My favorite this is the fact it starts AFTER the end of a major war against an alien race. It's more about the journey and adjustments after. The imagery and descriptions are fantastic and you really feel like you've been dropped in this future of Earth.

http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=10617
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2011, 10:35:55 PM »

^ I completely agree about Yesterday's Blue Skies! Everyone needs to read it if they enjoy Sci-Fi!
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

balance

• Innocent Bystander
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2011, 10:58:57 PM »

"The Legend" - crossover with NSYNC.
http://web.archive.org/web/20021121001330/www.perfectfans.net/  (unfortunately, some of the chapters are missing.)
"The Answer Is Yes" - love the images and original characters Eboni created.
"Yesterday Blue Skies" - oh, to have an update.

Pammy Whammy
Pammy Whammy

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2011, 11:10:37 PM »

I adore The Legend, good choice. :)

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2011, 11:34:52 PM »

1.  "On Nightingale Hill" by FiliKlepto
http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=8279&warning=4
This is total fantasy, but Christine does such an amazing job introducing her readers to the fantasy elements the same way the main character, Nick, is introduced to them that I could easily suspend my disbelief and go along for the journey.  Amazing, creative, and well-written story - just wish it was updated more often!

2.  "Soul Warrior" by Kaz Falcon
http://www.dreamers-sanctuary.com/hosted/sw.html
This story had a lot of things going against it for me - namely, it's a sci-fi/fantasy, and it's a Kevin story.  I don't tend to read either.  But I read this one, albeit only because it was written by a friend of mine who wanted me to host it on my site.  That said, I actually kinda got into it and ended up enjoying it.  Even though a lot of it takes place in other worlds, it isn't AU; it starts out with the Boys, and the whole story is about Kevin being murdered, going to this other realm, and having to find his way home again.  Epic story, if you like sci-fi or fantasy.

3.  "Brian Potter and the Malevolent Musician" by ForeverFrick
http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=9731
I'm listing this story again because, hey, it's based on Harry freaking Potter!  'Nuff said.
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2011, 11:48:29 PM »

Soul Warrior is FANTASTIC. I can't believe I forgot about that one lol.

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2011, 11:53:12 PM »

Easily forgotten, since it's not on AC and she hasn't written fanfic in years.  She was a great sci-fi writer, though.  "Human Alien" was good too, though she never finished it.
~Julie

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
  • writing fanfic by moonlight....
    • twitter
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2011, 12:31:37 AM »

I would have to choose for fantasy, Pandora's Box....it is a really long one but so good I couldn't stop reading.

Song For The Undead of course.

For sci fi-

Homecoming...I love it, love the descriptions.

Whatever The Night May Bring is another favorite of mine too. I can't think of any more at the moment :)

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2011, 01:02:36 AM »

I dunno if I'd consider Song For The Undead a fantasy, but thanks for naming it either way! :)

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
  • writing fanfic by moonlight....
    • twitter
« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2011, 01:16:06 AM »

Ohhh you're right Rose. Scratch that lol

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2011, 01:17:43 AM »

I can see why you put it as fantasy, just based on the idea that zombies don't really exist, but horror is probably the better genre for that.  It could maybe be considered a sci-fi because of the zombie virus.  Either way, thanks for mentioning it, Tracy!
~Julie

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2011, 07:43:48 AM »

Thanks Tracy!! I didn't expect to see my story in this thread :) And it's been updated too! As of yesterday anyway. LOL

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2011, 10:13:59 AM »

My favourites would have to be...

Sci-fi

Homecoming by Louise.  It's only a few chapters in, but I'm completely hooked.  It begins at the end of a war with an enemy planet and all the boys are in it.

Chronos Project by Lore.  Again, only a few chapters written by loving it so far.  A woman is transported through time and every so often, she jumps to another time, but can't seem to find her way home.

Whatever The Night May Bring by Mare.  Really love this one too.  All the boys are in it and it starts off with them crash landing whilst on their way to do some promo.  The place they land in is not what they are expecting!

Fantasy

Brian Potter & The Malevolent Musician.  It's a BSB and Harry Potter crossover and very good.

On Nightingale Hill.  This story is just amazing and I wish it would be updated more often than it is.  Nick ends up in this strange land where he's the only person, until he meets a magical little girl who grows at an unusual rate.

Only In My Dreams.  This is a romance/fantasy where Brian falls asleep and the things he dreams about become reality.  Very entertaining story.

Purpura Lipstick

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2011, 10:20:34 AM »

Ah Steph thanks for the mention.  I hope I can continue to keep you interested. :)
- Purpura -
   -Lore-
Pages: [1] 2