Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: The Best Death Scene I Ever Read!  (Read 3391 times)

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
The Best Death Scene I Ever Read!
« on: October 10, 2011, 09:31:28 PM »

So, what is the best death scene you have ever read? It doesn't have to be a gory or scary death. It can be a dramatic, comical or any other kind you can think of.

Name the story and describe the scene and in your mind what made it so epic?

Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
Re: The Best Death Scene I Ever Read!
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2011, 09:45:55 PM »

Oh man, another hard one.  There are all kinds of epic deaths in the round robins, but the serious one that came to mind first was the end of Swollen Issues III.  Even though I kinda figured it was coming, and it was the most realistic way to end the story, I still cried and cried.  There are others, though... I'll have to take a peek through my favorites some time and think of some more good ones.
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2011, 10:07:41 PM »

Um...wow. That's a really good question.

One of them is Brian's in "Something Beautiful". You saw it coming every step of the way. And still it got me crying, something very rare these days in fanfic.
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2011, 04:29:35 AM »

I'll have to have a think and come back.

rebellious_one

• Commander of Confusion
  • I have no idea what I'm getting myself into
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2011, 04:37:18 AM »

Okay, I don't know if I have a "best death scene I ever read", because I try not to read fics where the guys die... makes me sad. :( LOL!! I almost shit myself when I was reading Song For The Undead, and that part with AJ getting bit by a zombie, I was like  ??? NOOOOOOOOOOOO!! Don't kill AJ, please don't take him out!! Lol. It's like when I watch movies... if my favorite guy dies, I'll get all depressed and not want to watch the movie! >__< Yeah, I take it serious like that.

So funny, I had watched Transformers 3 last week for the first time, and my brother was like "Bumblebee is gonna die!" I was like "SHUT THE HELL UP!!" and was waiting for the scene, getting mad, lmao. If he was gonna die, I was seriously gonna shut the movie off!! LMFAO.

So, having that said... the scene I'm gonna pick, although the person didn't actually "die", in a sense they kinda did... metaphorically, lol. I'm gonna have to go with Rose's "Remember Me This Way", the scene when Nick was in his care home and Brian came to visit him. Nick didn't remember Brian, or any of the guys, his family, or any of his accomplishment s because of his debilitating disease. In a sense, Nick did die... though not literally, his former self had passed away, leaving him to be someone that no one knew, and he didn't know himself. That was freaking SAD, probably worse than reading a death scene, lol.
"Stories are often the lives we wish we could live."
~Me

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2011, 06:57:42 AM »

When I thought of best death scene I automatically thought of Remember Me This Way, but didn't put it because he didn't actually die.  But I suppose he did really, what made him who he was died :(  I cried so much in that story.

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2011, 04:08:56 PM »

Awwww thank you both! Even if Nick technically didn't die, I'm so flattered you named that story anyway. :) The fact it got to you both so much is such a huge compliment! Especially since I was really aiming for tears LOL.

Of course the irony that I've killed the Boys repeatedly and y'all name the scene where Nick stays "alive" is awesome LOL. And thanks for the Undead mention Reb! Of course you name when we don't kill someone LMAO. But again, thank you!

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2011, 05:20:04 PM »

I'm kind of with you Reb in that i'm not a fan of reading stories when the guys die and I also agree about Remember Me, but i'm going with the one that Julie mentioned and that wass Swollen Issues. I was soo upset that after all he went through for that series that he ends up dying in the end. I wanted him to beat the cancer and even though realistically with all the complications he had, I knew there was no way, but still. I was so upset about it, it kind of lingered with me for days and I guess that's what happens when you become invested in a story.
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2011, 05:20:39 PM »

It doesn't just have to be the guys though, this can be anyone who had died in any story. Even the stupid chicks lol

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2011, 06:48:11 PM »

I think what was so hard-hitting about the Swollen Issues one was that even though I knew it was probably going to happen, I wasn't expecting it then.  It seemed like things were actually looking up in the story, and then bam... that happened.  Story's over.  It was just a shock, even though it shouldn't have been, but that's what made it effective and realistic, sadly.
~Julie

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2011, 08:09:37 PM »

I agree. It seemed so anticlimactic at the time but after thinking about it, that's probably as realistic as it gets.

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
  • writing fanfic by moonlight....
    • twitter
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2011, 09:17:31 PM »

Hmmm I can't think of any cause I have WAY too many favorites, but I will come back to this. I do agree with Julie about Swollen Issues...that one was sad

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2011, 11:22:40 PM »

Comical death scene...

I really loved Rachel's death where Nick's eaten by cannibals. That was awesome! LMAO

http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=10669&chapter=26

Oh...and where Nick's body is sliced clean in half! Steph did that so swift, quick, and horrible...and I loved it.

http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=10669&chapter=19

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2011, 01:08:09 PM »

I've got to say that Nick's death in Curtain Call has got to be the saddest thing I've ever read in my entire life!  But as always, Julie's writing was awesome.

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2011, 01:10:20 PM »

Thank you. <3  It's definitely one of the saddest things I've ever written.
~Julie

Pages: [1] 2