Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 27

Author Topic: Question of the day thread number 2!  (Read 64258 times)

Pengi

• Minion of Mayhem
  • spread the llamalove
    • Tweet Me
Re: Question of the day thread number 2!
« Reply #255 on: July 10, 2012, 12:57:43 PM »

I love that you have planned your penname for trashy romance novels. :D One of the many things that makes you adorable Steph!!  :patpat:

And thanks for the Borrowed Time shout! :)
:penguin: PENGi :penguin:

myconfession

« Reply #256 on: July 10, 2012, 01:01:45 PM »

Today's question: while it's in my head lol

How did you come up with your pen name/screen name & if you were ever published would you use your real name?

screenname.... the one on here, my site name... my twitter.... when I signed up, the boys at work were calling me Princess Karah of the Sports Department lol

I'm doing the self-publishing thing on Amazon and my pen name is Presley Collins... my middle name and my grandmother's maiden name. I thought it sounded good together and since I work in media, I didn't want to use my real name.

Sakabelle

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #257 on: July 10, 2012, 01:03:35 PM »

I love that you have planned your penname for trashy romance novels. :D One of the many things that makes you adorable Steph!!  :patpat:

And thanks for the Borrowed Time shout! :)

LMAO Thanks Hannah.
~Saka ♥

"Write a lot. Write something you’re scared to write. That’s the best advice I can give: If you have an idea, and you can’t stop thinking about it, but something about it scares you half to death—WRITE THAT."
- Rainbow Rowell

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #258 on: July 10, 2012, 01:51:56 PM »

Thanks for the love, Saka Steph & you constantly crack me up with your infatuation with 1D & your utter terror of anyone finding out lmao

The only name I have ever written fanfic under is Mare and of course that's just short for my real name, Marianne.

My other SN I use on other boards & twitter bitybella is just what I used to call my cat because when I first found her she was so tiny. Even though she's about 30 pounds now, the name stuck lol

I decided to use my real name for publishing because I was proud and wanted everyone to know lol
« Last Edit: July 10, 2012, 01:56:29 PM by mare »
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

Sakabelle

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #259 on: July 10, 2012, 02:06:01 PM »

:P
Thanks for the love, Saka Steph & you constantly crack me up with your infatuation with 1D & your utter terror of anyone finding out lmao

I'm glad I amuse you with my deep, dark secret lol
~Saka ♥

"Write a lot. Write something you’re scared to write. That’s the best advice I can give: If you have an idea, and you can’t stop thinking about it, but something about it scares you half to death—WRITE THAT."
- Rainbow Rowell

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #260 on: July 10, 2012, 02:35:02 PM »

Steph, at least you aren't in your 30s and have Jonas Brothers on your iPod like I have LOL

Sakabelle

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #261 on: July 10, 2012, 04:55:42 PM »

I do have them on my iPod though! :D

Ah I love how we can all share our dorkiness with each other lol
~Saka ♥

- Rainbow Rowell

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
  • writing fanfic by moonlight....
    • twitter
« Reply #262 on: July 10, 2012, 05:46:53 PM »

I have to agree Steph is my favorite twitter. She cracks me up daily.

Sakabelle

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #263 on: July 10, 2012, 05:53:21 PM »

lol thanks Tracy
~Saka ♥

- Rainbow Rowell

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
  • writing fanfic by moonlight....
    • twitter
« Reply #264 on: July 10, 2012, 06:15:44 PM »

I have no shame. I have the Jonas Brothers and One Direction on my ipod, not to mention when one direction comes on I squeal like a 14 year old.

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #265 on: July 10, 2012, 06:21:40 PM »

Steph, thanks for mentioning Cary, and LOL at sNICKers - I like it! :P
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

kevmylove

• Minion of Mayhem
« Reply #266 on: July 10, 2012, 09:53:17 PM »

I totally forgot what SN involving Kevin I was trying to use, but it was already taken no matter how much I tweaked it. So then it gave me a few options and there was Kevmylove and I thought...well he is my love he just doesn't know it...ok just kidding... I sound crazy like Valerie now sheesh. no...it caught my eye and now I use it for anything involving BSB.

So am I the only one that talks to my mom, hubby and best friend about BSB fan fiction? I've been doing it for so long they know it's a part of me and what I like. They also know about all you wonderful writers...alth ough my outlook has changed through all these years. lol.

Sakabelle

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #267 on: July 10, 2012, 10:07:49 PM »

I used to talk to my boyfriend about my BSB fics. He even used to beta Running Up That Hill for me! One of my friends here in Winnipeg is also a FanFic nerd (not in BSB fandom though) so we talk about fic in general together sometimes and have writing days for the fandoms that we both write in.
~Saka ♥

- Rainbow Rowell

Purpura Lipstick

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #268 on: July 10, 2012, 10:12:33 PM »

my mom, brothers, husband and a few co-workers know I write fanfiction.  In fact I got enough guts to mention that I write fanfiction to the guy that my friend and I go to lunch with.  My mom is the only one who is snarky and she uses it when I mention writing to publish.  "Are you still writing fanfiction?" in that tone... grrr.

LOL.  and my best friend is not in the BSB world any more and she is the one who got me into fanfic so I talk to her all the time. LOL   Once I warm up enough I don't care that much and tell people.  My boss I think even knows I write fanfic but I don't talk about it much with her.

my screen name on the other hand, lol is privleged information... heh only online friends and a few real life friends know it. 
- Purpura -
   -Lore-

kevmylove

• Minion of Mayhem
« Reply #269 on: July 10, 2012, 10:48:15 PM »

I used to talk to my boyfriend about my BSB fics. He even used to beta Running Up That Hill for me! One of my friends here in Winnipeg is also a FanFic nerd (not in BSB fandom though) so we talk about fic in general together sometimes and have writing days for the fandoms that we both write in.
My bestie used to write too but now she says the BSB are a waste of time. She still talks to me about my writing tho. It kinda sucks when the only person you can do BSB activities with is no longer interested :(
my mom, brothers, husband and a few co-workers know I write fanfiction.  In fact I got enough guts to mention that I write fanfiction to the guy that my friend and I go to lunch with.  My mom is the only one who is snarky and she uses it when I mention writing to publish.  "Are you still writing fanfiction?" in that tone... grrr.

LOL.  and my best friend is not in the BSB world any more and she is the one who got me into fanfic so I talk to her all the time. LOL   Once I warm up enough I don't care that much and tell people.  My boss I think even knows I write fanfic but I don't talk about it much with her.

my screen name on the other hand, lol is privleged information... heh only online friends and a few real life friends know it.

Yeah the hubby sometimes gets on me about fan fiction and that it's a waste of time.
I know where the SN comes from...hehe
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 27