Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 49

Author Topic: Question of the Day - Part 4  (Read 121877 times)

myconfession

Re: Question of the Day - Part 4
« Reply #180 on: July 18, 2012, 01:00:51 PM »

Steph! Here it is! Publisher's Weekly had posted the link, but it's from the Wall Street Journal.... it's about fan fiction, but mentions One Direction about halfway down.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052702303734204577464411825970488.html

Really an interesting read for anybody that writes fan fic LOL

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #181 on: July 18, 2012, 01:01:22 PM »

Oooh, another question. What's the worst thing you've ever done to a BSB in a story?

I don't even know!  There are the serious things, like giving them terminal illnesses and amputating legs and forcing them to kill their families, and then there are the joke things, like all the Nick deaths I wrote for 1000 Ways and the horror challenge stories I've done.

Ignoring the joke ones for now, I guess the worst thing I've done would be the slow, painful death from a terminal illness because there's no coming back from that.  One theme of my angsty dramas tends to be that life goes on and gets better after a tragedy, but it can't if you're dead LOL.  So I guess that.

But I will say, I think the end of one of the stories I'm writing now is going to beat that one.  :angel:
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

myconfession

« Reply #182 on: July 18, 2012, 01:03:00 PM »

Worst thing I've ever done to a BSB in a fan fiction....

Nick date Paris Hilton.... oh wait, that was real.

Hmmm, probably Nick kill himself.... or go to prison for killing the mother of his unborn child.

Sakabelle

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #183 on: July 18, 2012, 01:04:35 PM »

LMAO
~Saka ♥

"Write a lot. Write something you’re scared to write. That’s the best advice I can give: If you have an idea, and you can’t stop thinking about it, but something about it scares you half to death—WRITE THAT."
- Rainbow Rowell

Pengi

• Minion of Mayhem
  • spread the llamalove
    • Tweet Me
« Reply #184 on: July 18, 2012, 01:04:55 PM »

LMAO  :D
:penguin: PENGi :penguin:

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #185 on: July 18, 2012, 01:05:07 PM »

LOL Sometimes reality is far worse than fiction.
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

Pengi

• Minion of Mayhem
  • spread the llamalove
    • Tweet Me
« Reply #186 on: July 18, 2012, 01:08:30 PM »

When you write, which one of the Boys' personality is closest to your own? Do you ever make them say phrases or do things or be obsessed with things that you are that they aren't in real life?

Sakabelle

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #187 on: July 18, 2012, 01:08:53 PM »

Here's some quality stuff for you, Steph! lol

Wired magazine wrote about the attention brought to a One Direction cartoon created by Mark Parsons, beginning "Normally, fan fiction about U.K. boy band One Direction is not anything new on the internet. But when that fanfic comes in the form of a video created by the lead animator of raunchy spy cartoon Archer...and gets more than a million YouTube views in less than two days — it’s worth noting." They also suggest that the video, unlike regular fanfic "has rather creative layers that tie together pop culture tropes" and "if this means that fan fiction is moving from Fifty Shades of Grey into viral video territory, that’s totally OK." The widely duplicated press coverage was viral in its own way, leading to stories that the band members might contribute to future work.

In possibly the ultimate baitlink, one site managed to combine discussion of One Direction, Fifty Shades of Grey and mentions of slash all into one story. "Harry Styles and the rest of One Direction have tons of raunchy fan fiction written about them, so it was only a matter of time before someone decided to combine 1D and the erotic novel Fifty Shades of Grey. However, it seemed more likely that the fanfic writer would be a cougar with a crush on Hazza or a Directioner that found her mom's copy of Fifty Shades, not a male Associated Editor of NOW Magazine." The author went on to note "Plenty of erotic novel writers will probably try to replicate the success of Fifty Shades by focusing on stories about sadomasochism, but they'll likely fail since readers are always looking for something new. The older woman and younger man angle really might be a smart way to go since it's also a bit taboo." Another piece of good advice? "If Gavin Reeve-Daniels is hoping to sell his Fifty Shades of One Direction story to actual Directioners, he's got it all wrong - what they'd like to read would be a Larry Stylinson (Harry and Louis Tomlinson) or Narry (Harry and Niall Horan) love story."

Oh right I forgot about The Adventurous Adventures of One Direction cartoon. I think they actually did commission that guy to make more! Totally not in my mind as fanfic though even though it technically was.

Karah - thanks for the article! I had heard about that wattpad thing but I was thinking more along the lines of something that was actually in bookstores ala 50 Shades.

I feel better now because I was like what is this book and where can I find ittttt lol

Also is it totally lame of me to point out in that article the second pairing should be Niam. No one ships Narry, come on.
~Saka ♥

"Write a lot. Write something you’re scared to write. That’s the best advice I can give: If you have an idea, and you can’t stop thinking about it, but something about it scares you half to death—WRITE THAT."
- Rainbow Rowell

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #188 on: July 18, 2012, 01:16:02 PM »

Do you guys ever get request from readers to write stories about them? I seem to get them all the time. I guess people seem to get me mixed up with that other person that wrote with a K.

I just can't seem to do it. It's a little weird. Sometimes I'll write a one-shot or songfic for a friend who has a birthday coming up or made it through cancer like my friend Michelle, you know, some special event, as a surprise, but request?

I keep getting request lately for some reason, especially from this one person who wants me to write "another story about her and Nick." Uh, I don't remember writing the first one LMFAO

That's uber creepy lol and lmao Hannah! That's too much!

I have never had people really ask me to write them into fic like that but then again I have my characters carving MINE into people and reciting bible versus before they stab each other, so I can't really see someone wanting that to happen. I am pretty sure i've never written a love or sex scene in my life, that i'd want to remember lmao
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #189 on: July 18, 2012, 01:19:03 PM »

That reminds me of good old Refresh and the whole "auditioning for roles in fanfics" thing they did over there.  One of the "writers" would post in the forum and be like, "I need a female lead for this ficcy I'm writing!  Go!" and all the teenies would reply with a description of themselves:  "Amanduh, 18 years old, 5'7", raven black hair, sapphire blue eyes, tan skin, athletic, was a cheerleader in h.s., likes to laugh, etc. etc. etc."  It was so weird LOL.  I'd never seen that happen in our fandom, although I could see them doing that on the fan club fanfic forums cause those are like a whole different world from this one LOL.

LMAO oh the memories!

I love horses! :)
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #190 on: July 18, 2012, 01:23:29 PM »

Which leads me to a question - if you HAD to choose a fic for the Boys to read of yours, which would it be any why?

Oh my gosh I go out for chinese food and come back to a boatload of pages to catch up on! LOL

I would pick Why I'd Do it all Again just and ask them if I got it even remotely close to how it was back then lol

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #191 on: July 18, 2012, 01:28:15 PM »

Yeah that came to me AFTER lol. At least Nick gets off easy. Unlike...well basically every other story I've ever written.

Oooh, another question. What's the worst thing you've ever done to a BSB in a story?

Hrmmm.... Carve MINE into Nick probably lol in the nicest possible way though :)

and I never want any of the guys to follow me ever! lmao

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #192 on: July 18, 2012, 01:29:05 PM »

Oh my gosh I go out for chinese food and come back to a boatload of pages to catch up on! LOL

I would pick Why I'd Do it all Again just and ask them if I got it even remotely close to how it was back then lol

Chinese food? Nom.

That leads me to a question... is there a type of food you find yourself feeding your characters that you like in particular? Do they go out for Chinese food? Order in pizza? Microwave popcorn?

Or do they not eat because they're manorexic or vampires?
~Maple Jellybean~

What's the difference between ignorance and apathy? ... I don't know, and I don't care.

Pengi

• Minion of Mayhem
  • spread the llamalove
    • Tweet Me
« Reply #193 on: July 18, 2012, 01:30:53 PM »

Chinese food? Nom.

That leads me to a question... is there a type of food you find yourself feeding your characters that you like in particular? Do they go out for Chinese food? Order in pizza? Microwave popcorn?

Or do they not eat because they're manorexic or vampires?

Nick likes Twinkies. I hate Twinkies. I blame Jen (evergreenwrite r) for the Twinkie thing though. She did that once and it's kinda stuck with me. So even though I get blamed for the Twinkie obsession, it's actually the OTHER Llama's fault, not mine.

Innocence, proved.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #194 on: July 18, 2012, 01:31:20 PM »

Nick - Um... probably either having him be killed by being impaled by a moose's antlers when it was thrown into his car, or giving him Almheizer's. One's a really bad random way to die, the other is just cruel having him live like that LOL. Or being decapitated by an elevator...cru shed to death in a trash truck...

Brian - Deciding he had to kill his wife and daughters cause we made them zombies LOL. Oh, and I had him commit suicide after he listened to the grapes and kill Howie.

AJ - Putting him in an insane asylum for killing Nick, snapping his neck in a bus crash, or a psycho fan having him watch as she decapitates Rochelle

Howie - Getting shot in the head by Brian after he's told to by grapes, or always making him the psycho killer lol...which in one case lands him in an insane asylum. Oh! No, it's when I have him impaled by a guitar in his neck after a bus crash!

Kevin - Getting decapitated by Nick with an axe after he's told to by grapes lmao.

Wow...I'm really mean LMFAO.

No lol. They find your profile anyway :P

lmao okay now I think I also associate you with talking grapes  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 49