Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 49

Author Topic: Question of the Day - Part 4  (Read 121839 times)

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
Re: Question of the Day - Part 4
« Reply #330 on: July 21, 2012, 02:12:29 PM »

LOL oh those were the days!
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #331 on: July 21, 2012, 04:31:29 PM »

I got to know people through here, feedback/replies and Twitter.  I talk to Lore on AIM sometimes when we can arrange a suitable time that we are both available, but the time difference can be a pain!  I would love to meet up with people one day, but unless I win the lottery or something, then maybe Skype or something like that would have to do, lol.

I have met up with Take That fans/fanfic writers in the past and also when I went to the Supernatural convention last year made a couple of friends who I've kept in touch with and met up with not so long ago.

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #332 on: July 21, 2012, 04:35:59 PM »

I wish we could all live in a house in London together for a month like the Boys!  This summer would have been a good time to do it... pity we didn't start planning for it sooner!  LOL
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #333 on: July 21, 2012, 04:47:05 PM »

That would've been awesome!

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #334 on: July 21, 2012, 04:56:03 PM »

We could have lived in their basement lol

I have only really 'met' three people I knew through this fandom in person. I have facetimed with Mersey lol and will be meeting Carrie (onlyndreams) when she comes out here for a 1D concert next year!

To bad there wasn't a way to FT a group unless there is lol
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

myconfession

« Reply #335 on: July 21, 2012, 05:01:18 PM »

I write best when I have a day off and I can kind of warm up in the morning, take a break to let it stew, and come back to it around mid-afternoon into the evening. Once I get on a roll, though, I have problems because I forget what time it is. Like last night, I got on a roll writing and suddenly it was 4am and my alarm clock was set for 6. UGH. But other than moments like that, I like the way my writing works! LOL

I write on my lap top, laying in bed. I don't have a desk top, and I can hardly even write a short email on my phone not to mention creative stuff, jeez. lol

And as for my room mate... OY VEY. "Not modest" is probably the understatement of the millennia. I have never wanted to scratch my eyeballs out more. LOL .... I literally could not look at her again after "the incident". I still have nightmares about that chick, holy crap.

You and Me..... Llama-Sex free roommates!

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #336 on: July 21, 2012, 05:02:32 PM »

I haven't got Facetime on my phone because it's a 3GS, but can you do Skype multi chats? That's another free one :)  It would be so amazing to see/hear everyone.

myconfession

« Reply #337 on: July 21, 2012, 05:04:47 PM »

The majority of the people I have met from the internet are people who have at one point or another read my stories. Some still do.

The weirdest experience for me was when I was standing in line for the Acoustic Concert in '10 in Miami and this lady walked up to me and she was spanish. I couldn't understand a damn thing she was saying but she started hugging me and then I realized she was saying "Karah" but pronouncing it "Car-ruh" when it's Care-ruh. Apparently she read my stories lol

From the people on here.... I've met Hannah in  person. I think that's it. I've talked to Tracy on the phone.

Most of those that I've met aren't really writers themselves, but mainly readers.

myconfession

« Reply #338 on: July 21, 2012, 05:06:09 PM »

I missed out on a lot of questions the past few days. Damn work.

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #339 on: July 21, 2012, 05:10:56 PM »

I met Lisa at the NKOTBSB concert in Liverpool.  She was directly in front of me and I recognised her from photos I'd seen of her online somewhere (possibly TDS or Twitter).

myconfession

« Reply #340 on: July 21, 2012, 05:12:54 PM »

I met Lisa at the NKOTBSB concert in Liverpool.  She was directly in front of me and I recognised her from photos I'd seen of her online somewhere (possibly TDS or Twitter).

Ah, you're the AC girl she met! She told me. LOL I feel like she's the one person I haven't met!

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #341 on: July 21, 2012, 05:18:04 PM »

Ah, you're the AC girl she met! She told me. LOL I feel like she's the one person I haven't met!

Yeah, I never expected to bump into anyone from here, so it was nice to actually put a face to the name.  The friend who I was with is also a member here, but she never posts anything here, although she does follow a lot of people on Twitter.

myconfession

« Reply #342 on: July 21, 2012, 05:19:30 PM »

On the cruise, I would see people that I swore looked familiar and we'd talk and we wouldn't know each other, but I could swear I knew them.  I guess so many Twitter fans and stuff.

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
  • writing fanfic by moonlight....
    • twitter
« Reply #343 on: July 21, 2012, 06:10:43 PM »

I have met people through twitter in real life, just the ones from my state. Too bad I can't video chat but that would be an awesome idea one day :) I am going on the next cruise definitely so I hope some of you will want to meet at some point. But it's a big boat so I don't expect to.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #344 on: July 21, 2012, 07:07:12 PM »

I'll never be able to afford a cruise lol but it'll be nice for you guys to meet up with each other.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 49