Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 33

Author Topic: Question of the Day Part 5  (Read 87537 times)

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
Re: Question of the Day Part 5
« Reply #240 on: August 01, 2012, 03:19:06 PM »

Mare, without this forum, I would be in-come-puh-le-ete!  LOL Seriously, it's my favorite place on the internet!  And like you said, I've made so many friends through AC that I never would have known otherwise.  It's awesome how a shared love of writing about a boyband could bring us all together! :)  LOL

You do a great job with the featured author/story thread.  It's only because of you coming in with questions every few days to try to keep the conversation going that that has lasted as long as it has.  The rest of us don't exactly help you out much every month LOL.  (I'm sure some of you do post in there every month; I'm speaking for myself and the others who don't.)

And sorry for inspiring the morbid question; it was my fault.  #BlameJulie  8-)
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #241 on: August 01, 2012, 03:27:09 PM »

I have a question. 

If you could turn one of your stories into a movie, which would you chose and who would you like to act in it?  The reason I ask is that I often think Song For The Undead would be an awesome movie, with the zombies and all the survival stuff :)

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #242 on: August 01, 2012, 03:38:27 PM »

Mare, without this forum, I would be in-come-puh-le-ete!  LOL Seriously, it's my favorite place on the internet!  And like you said, I've made so many friends through AC that I never would have known otherwise.  It's awesome how a shared love of writing about a boyband could bring us all together! :)  LOL

You do a great job with the featured author/story thread.  It's only because of you coming in with questions every few days to try to keep the conversation going that that has lasted as long as it has.  The rest of us don't exactly help you out much every month LOL.  (I'm sure some of you do post in there every month; I'm speaking for myself and the others who don't.)

And sorry for inspiring the morbid question; it was my fault.  #BlameJulie  8-)

Thanks, Julie! I really love seeing all the bonding that goes on here :) and I sometimes fail myself with asking questions etc... lol
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #243 on: August 01, 2012, 04:16:19 PM »

I have a question.  

If you could turn one of your stories into a movie, which would you chose and who would you like to act in it?  The reason I ask is that I often think Song For The Undead would be an awesome movie, with the zombies and all the survival stuff :)

Aww, thanks, Steph!! :)

It would be awesome to see Song for the Undead brought to life on screen.  I think it would make a better TV show or miniseries than a movie because it's so long and somewhat episodic, the way it's told in ten-chapter parts that each have their own little story arc in the context of the larger story.  There's a lot that could be cut out to make it into a movie, but also a lot that would be fun to leave in if we didn't have a certain limit as far as length.

As far as who would act in it... that's always a hard question.  We could probably get Nick to play himself, although that might not be a good thing - we've seen his acting LOL.  But I would still like to have him.  

For Brian, I would cast my love Shawn Ashmore.  He has the look, and he can do both horror and drama.  I think he could pull off the angst Brian's character goes through and make our hearts break for him.

Eh, that's all I've got right now LOL.  It would take too long to go through each of the ten characters and figure out an actor or actress who could play them.  If we got Nick to play himself and Shawn Ashmore to play Brian, I wouldn't care who played the rest; that would be enough for me LOL.  I'll let Rose jump in with her thoughts on the rest!
~Julie

Purpura Lipstick

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #244 on: August 01, 2012, 04:34:55 PM »

Maybe for Brian you want Aaron Ashmore ;)  kidding. LOL

I'd like to see Just One Kiss by Erika turned into a movie.  I am such a sucker for romantic comedies I think this would be great! :)   But I don't know who'd I'd cast! LOL

As for my own stories, I'm not sure I'd want any of them as a movie.
- Purpura -
   -Lore-

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #245 on: August 01, 2012, 04:50:17 PM »

Maybe for Brian you want Aaron Ashmore ;)  kidding. LOL

LOL That would work, seeing as how they're identical!  I've never seen Aaron act in anything, though, so my heart lies with Shawn.
~Julie

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #246 on: August 01, 2012, 05:08:40 PM »

Hrmm... I always have a problem with this question because the only people I can see playing the boys are the boys lol
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #247 on: August 01, 2012, 08:18:45 PM »

For a complete opposite question from the one I asked last night, what are some of the funniest scenes or stories you have ever read or written?

Do you have any favorite lines you've written/read or scenes you've written/read that stand out in your mind?

Do you tend to write a lot of comedic scenes and read a lot of comedies in general?

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
  • writing fanfic by moonlight....
    • twitter
« Reply #248 on: August 01, 2012, 08:57:43 PM »

For a complete opposite question from the one I asked last night, what are some of the funniest scenes or stories you have ever read or written?

- Funniest? It's a cross between Fear Of Flying by Pengi, 1000 Ways To Kill Nick Carter and Nick's Dirty Kicks by Sakabelle. I can't pick just one cause those are all amazing. Plus any collab between Pengi and Evergreenwrite r83 is hilarious.

Do you have any favorite lines you've written/read or scenes you've written/read that stand out in your mind?

- Written: my parody of Grandma Got Run Over By A Reindeer was my best one I think.

Also in When I Grow Up, AJ says "Nick gets so much pussy that his room is a revolving door", Nick responds "That is a LOT of cats" LMAO.

-Read: I loved Julie's story for 1000 ways where he kills Mare "Grinch" style. I was rolling the whole time.

Karah has had a lot of funny moments in Fearless series. I really laughed when Karsyns daughter says she wants to know where babies come from and then says Nick would start stuttering if she asked him.

Do you tend to write a lot of comedic scenes and read a lot of comedies in general?

I love comedy so I try to include it and I like reading funny stories. It all keeps things interesting :)

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #249 on: August 01, 2012, 09:15:08 PM »

Most of my favorite comedies are short stories.  The Backstreet Baby series of shorts are some of the funniest stories I've read.  Rebels for the Cause is a hilarious spoof of all the old-school fanfic cliches.  I loved Mare's A Day in the Life of AJ one-shot.

I don't read a lot of longer comedies, but Brian Potter and the Malevolent Musician and Just One Kiss are two recent ones that I've enjoyed.

I don't write many full-out comedies, though I try to include comic relief in my dramatic stories, either by having the characters lighten the mood or by planting my own little jokes inside them.

I consider the stuff I've written for 1000 Ways to Kill Nick Carter and Revenge of the Slaughtered to be black comedy, and I've enjoyed reading the parts people have contributed to both of those.

Most of the comedic stuff I've written in recent years has been for 00Carter.  Some of the funniest scenes I've contributed to that are Dr. Rough's freak out on the "It's a Small World" ride at Disney World and the Speed parody with the Zamboni at the Winter Olympics.
~Julie

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #250 on: August 01, 2012, 09:18:21 PM »

Tracy, I forgot about the stories from this year's April Fool's challenge, but all of those were hilarious!!!

And thanks for mentioning my Grinch spoof in Revenge of the Slaughtered!  That was fun to write!  Parodies are my favorite kind of comedy.
~Julie

Purpura Lipstick

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #251 on: August 01, 2012, 09:58:02 PM »

LOL That would work, seeing as how they're identical!  I've never seen Aaron act in anything, though, so my heart lies with Shawn.

He was on Smallville for a while as Jimmy and now he's on Warehouse 13...
- Purpura -
   -Lore-

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
  • writing fanfic by moonlight....
    • twitter
« Reply #252 on: August 01, 2012, 10:02:45 PM »

Is it sad I don't remember what I wrote for the April Fool's challenge LOL but thanks!

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #253 on: August 01, 2012, 10:03:16 PM »

Some of my favorite funny stories i've read have to be all of Marly's A day in the life of a Backstreet Boy etc... ones. Oh I loved Julie's old MST's as well. They always cracked me up!

The one's I've written would have to be Four Santa's Too Many. Total Kaos 24/7 and Snuggles Gone Bad lol And that A Day in the life of AJ one. I tend to think i'm funny but sometimes i'm alone in my thinking. LOL

I love adding comedy into my stories. I think it's really important to occasionally throw in some humor. Most of my stories fall into the dramedy category.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #254 on: August 01, 2012, 10:04:19 PM »

Is it sad I don't remember what I wrote for the April Fool's challenge LOL but thanks!

Don't feel bad. I don't remember most of the things I write, especially when they are challenge stories! LOL
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 33