Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 35

Author Topic: Question of the day part 6  (Read 78763 times)

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
Re: Question of the day part 6
« Reply #240 on: August 15, 2012, 10:59:42 PM »

If you could pick five fanfics to put in a time capsule that would best represent the BSB fanfic fandom what would you choose and why?

1. Where Can We Go From Here - classic Millennium era bus crash story, really shows the brotherly relationship between the guys

2. Cover Me With Dreams - the best Nick romance of all time; great characters, including all the Boys, not just Nick

3. Signal to Noise - classic BSB suspense, involves all the guys (and their song lyrics), good original characters too

4. Something Beautiful - great Frick & Frack story; plus we gotta have a cancer story in the time capsule, even though this is really more of a bucket list story than a "cancer story."

5. Between the Lines - the best BSB AU of all time; shows how the Boys can still be the Boys even in an alternate universe in which they're a baseball team instead of a boyband LOL

Also, thanks for the mentions of Song for the Undead and Curtain Call as answers to this question! :)
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #241 on: August 15, 2012, 11:03:27 PM »

So, my question is, does it bother you when the particular story you are known for is what people think of when they see your name? Or would you rather it be something else?

I think I am best known for the Nick cancer stories - Broken/By My Side and now Curtain Call.  And I am fine with that.  Those three stories have meant more to me than anything else I've written individually in the last decade.
~Julie

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
  • writing fanfic by moonlight....
    • twitter
« Reply #242 on: August 15, 2012, 11:09:42 PM »

Glad I could be of service, Rose. You guys know how much I love and adore that story. You helped me get over my fear of the horror genre. I used to hate scary movies and gore, now I am comfortable with it enough to laugh at it. I've become so morbid in the last year lol.

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #243 on: August 15, 2012, 11:22:40 PM »

LOL glad I could help you become more morbid.
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #244 on: August 16, 2012, 06:35:52 AM »

Being morbid helps you appreciate the finer details in life (and in fanfic)... like the rack of severed hands and feet Rose took a picture of and texted me yesterday, knowing it would make me smile. :)
~Julie

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #245 on: August 16, 2012, 06:36:32 AM »

Being morbid helps you appreciate the finer details in life... like the rack of severed hands and feet Rose took a picture of and texted me yesterday, knowing it would make me smile. :)

Who else would appreciate that as much as I would? LOL. :)

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #246 on: August 16, 2012, 06:36:56 AM »

Only the Choppage Queen!
~Julie

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
    • twitter
« Reply #247 on: August 16, 2012, 06:55:42 AM »

LOL that's pretty cool. Only you guys. Whenever I hear about choppage I think of Julie :P

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #248 on: August 16, 2012, 07:03:47 AM »

I didn't put any of the disease stories on my list because I didn't want the aliens thinking one of the guys were dead and dead and dead again! lol
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #249 on: August 16, 2012, 07:07:31 AM »

Here's a question, do you tend to give your stories nicknames? And if so what are they? Because in all honesty when people only use letters to describe a story I seldom if ever know what people are talking about lol I'm guilty of it too. But when people use nicknames instead of just letters it makes life easier.

Like for me, I always just shorten my title like Why or Whatever or What Lurks lol

Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
    • twitter
« Reply #250 on: August 16, 2012, 07:14:43 AM »

I sometimes abbreviate my stories. Like Finding Carter I call FC but that could be confused for Fan Club. So I haven't thought about nicknames for any of them to be honest.

Purpura Lipstick

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #251 on: August 16, 2012, 09:25:38 AM »

Here's a question, do you tend to give your stories nicknames? And if so what are they? Because in all honesty when people only use letters to describe a story I seldom if ever know what people are talking about lol I'm guilty of it too. But when people use nicknames instead of just letters it makes life easier.

Like for me, I always just shorten my title like Why or Whatever or What Lurks lol

If a story doesn't have a name for a long time I may come up with a nickname and it might stick but I use the letters on twitter because of that whole 140 characters thing.  If I had more characters I'd spell out my titles more often.  If I do it on the forum it's because I'm probably in a rush.
- Purpura -
   -Lore-

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #252 on: August 16, 2012, 09:37:57 AM »

I've always been bad with the letters thing. Like when everyone does it for song titles, besides IWITW whenever people post letters I'm always like uh... Yeah, okay whatever you say lol

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #253 on: August 16, 2012, 12:05:27 PM »

The only time I shorten the name of a story is when I'm talking to Lore about Unwinding Truth, which we shorten to UT, or one of the other stories one of us has written which can be shortened to two letters, lol.

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #254 on: August 16, 2012, 04:00:14 PM »

I shorten my longer titles to letters lol. RMTW - Remember Me This Way, WOOMD - Walked Out of My Dreams (though that caused a lot of jokes between Julie and I about a Woo, M.D. and was why when I needed a doctor character in the fic it was a Dr. Woo lmao.)

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 35