Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 35

Author Topic: New music!  (Read 51820 times)

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster
Re: New music!
« Reply #105 on: July 23, 2013, 02:23:53 PM »

She had to live in caves for not knowing who Nick Carter was. LOL

But really, another question to ask the guys should be: "Why did you call her Shorty?"  :crazy:

Because Nick wishes he was African-American sometimes? lol
~Maple Jellybean~

What's the difference between ignorance and apathy? ... I don't know, and I don't care.

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #106 on: July 23, 2013, 02:30:10 PM »

I'd have happily listened to songs they leaked themselves if they were b-sides. Releasing all of the album cuts as "exclusives" to every media outlet in the US is ridiculous. Sure, you may catch the interest of some people who would have otherwise listened to the single and thought "boring!" but it could go the other way too and people who were intrigued by the single and may have taken a chance on buying the record have now potentially heard all the songs they don't like.

I get that they're trying to capitalize on it being a single-heavy industry right now but I think there's much better ways to create buzz than showing all your cards.

I agree.  They should have left it at two songs - the single and the bonus song, Permanent Stain.  Although why they picked PS to release first when they have all these other songs that are so much better is beyond me.  Maybe they just care more about publicity than making money because, as you pointed out on Twitter, the fair-weather fans aren't going to pay money for an album they can just get for free, whereas we die-hards would buy it even if we'd heard nothing from it.
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #107 on: July 23, 2013, 02:30:46 PM »

Because Nick wishes he was African-American sometimes? lol

LOL

Dolla dolla bills, yo!
~Julie

usako

« Reply #108 on: July 23, 2013, 02:37:25 PM »

LOL

Dolla dolla bills, yo!

:D :D :D :D

Well, cavemen and cavewomen were short. LOL

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #109 on: July 23, 2013, 02:47:45 PM »

I'd have happily listened to songs they leaked themselves if they were b-sides. Releasing all of the album cuts as "exclusives" to every media outlet in the US is ridiculous. Sure, you may catch the interest of some people who would have otherwise listened to the single and thought "boring!" but it could go the other way too and people who were intrigued by the single and may have taken a chance on buying the record have now potentially heard all the songs they don't like.

I get that they're trying to capitalize on it being a single-heavy industry right now but I think there's much better ways to create buzz than showing all your cards.

That is true, but then again besides the die hard Backstreet fans, is anyone even bothering to listen anyway? I mean to one or two of the tracks maybe if they just happen upon them, but I can't see people searching them out like we are. I know I see things all the time about other artists new songs and I have yet to click on one at all. I can't really see people clicking for BSB.

If they do, I think the eclectic mix might be a good thing for them. This album does seem to have a little bit of everything which is what 'i find most exciting!

Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #110 on: July 23, 2013, 02:50:55 PM »

I agree.  They should have left it at two songs - the single and the bonus song, Permanent Stain.  Although why they picked PS to release first when they have all these other songs that are so much better is beyond me.  Maybe they just care more about publicity than making money because, as you pointed out on Twitter, the fair-weather fans aren't going to pay money for an album they can just get for free, whereas we die-hards would buy it even if we'd heard nothing from it.

I love Permanent Stain. I like it more than In A World Like This actually LOL

And on behalf of the poor BSB fans. Not buying an album because you get it for free may not be a choice for some. Doesn't make us all fair weather fans. LOL Just very very poor ones!

Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #111 on: July 23, 2013, 02:51:44 PM »

I like eclectic albums too!  That is why I liked Unbreakable better than TIU - it's not my favorite album either, but it has a little bit of everything.  A lot of it is good, some of it's just okay, but none of it is horrible.  I think that's the best way to please the majority of fans.
~Julie

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #112 on: July 23, 2013, 02:53:04 PM »

^ yes, that's what this album is to me. I mean if you listen to Madelaine and then One Phone Call you might think you're listening to two different bands! I love that!

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #113 on: July 23, 2013, 02:58:54 PM »

I love Permanent Stain. I like it more than In A World Like This actually LOL

And on behalf of the poor BSB fans. Not buying an album because you get it for free may not be a choice for some. Doesn't make us all fair weather fans. LOL Just very very poor ones!

Well, there ya go!  Maybe PS wasn't a bad choice.  I like it, but I don't LOVE it.  It sounds too much like It's Christmas Time Again without being an awesome Christmas song with a pandaskunk video.

In a World Like This, on the other hand, seems like a perfect first single choice to me.  It's catchy, and it sounds like a BSB song without sounding dated or trying too hard to sound current.  It's just effortless.  Max Martin has still got it!

I didn't mean that anyone who's not going to buy the album is a fair-weather fan.  I just meant that there ARE fair-weather fans out there who might have considered buying the album otherwise, but won't if they realize they can listen to it for free.  There are artists I like whose albums I haven't bought after they put them online to preview because I listened to them and didn't think they were worth paying money for.  Otherwise, I might have bought the albums without hearing anything just because I liked their previous albums.
~Julie

usako

« Reply #114 on: July 23, 2013, 03:07:34 PM »

Well, there ya go!  Maybe PS wasn't a bad choice.  I like it, but I don't LOVE it.  It sounds too much like It's Christmas Time Again without being an awesome Christmas song with a pandaskunk video.

In a World Like This, on the other hand, seems like a perfect first single choice to me.  It's catchy, and it sounds like a BSB song without sounding dated or trying too hard to sound current.  It's just effortless.  Max Martin has still got it!

I didn't mean that anyone who's not going to buy the album is a fair-weather fan.  I just meant that there ARE fair-weather fans out there who might have considered buying the album otherwise, but won't if they realize they can listen to it for free.  There are artists I like whose albums I haven't bought after they put them online to preview because I listened to them and didn't think they were worth paying money for.  Otherwise, I might have bought the albums without hearing anything just because I liked their previous albums.

I admit that I'm addicted to download music. First of all, I'm jobless so I don't have too much money to spend on music. If it were for me, I would own every kind of album. lol Second, I live in a small town without a record store so it's a little bit difficult to find the album. BSB should be proud because they are one of the few artist I'd go at every corner to find and buy their album. LOL

That being said, I don't love Permanent Stain and, really, "Light On" should have been on the album instead.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #115 on: July 23, 2013, 03:09:54 PM »

I think In A World Like This was a much better choice for the single too. I just prefer Permanent Stain, sans panda skunks lol

Most people don't even invest in entire albums anymore. I did a survey with my 5 - 8 graders at the end of the year and one of the questions I asked them is when they buy music do they buy the entire album or just singles and they pretty much all said singles. Some bought entire albums (specifically Taylor Swift, Adele and 1D) but for the most part, thanks to I tunes people just kind of pick and choose what they want to hear now. I kind of miss the old days when you never knew what you were getting until you got it.

I just get hyper sensitive about being a fan versus how much you're willing to spend on them. Sometimes I think all we tend to be is dollar signs to the guys and if you don't go on things like the cruise or see a bunch of tour dates and spend money on VIPS, you aren't as great of a fan as someone who does those things. You never see them say "All you people who maybe can't go to a show, how about a tweet and we'll follow you!" #poorBSBfansrock! LOL

Random thing here: To me, the best part of the whole buying a real CD is reading the liner notes! That's the one thing I won't cheat on until
I get to see them in person! LOL

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #116 on: July 23, 2013, 06:19:43 PM »

^^^ I think that's the best thing too. It's why even when I spoil myself by listening to tracks (especially now that the entire thing leaked in HQ), I won't read liner notes. I leave that for when I have the album in my hands.
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #117 on: July 23, 2013, 06:52:35 PM »

I love reading the liner notes too!  That is part of that whole experience of listening to the album for the first time - the actual album, not just the leaked/downloaded tracks.  And BSB are the only group I even bother to read the liner notes for.
~Julie

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #118 on: July 23, 2013, 06:54:12 PM »

^^^ I think that's the best thing too. It's why even when I spoil myself by listening to tracks (especially now that the entire thing leaked in HQ), I won't read liner notes. I leave that for when I have the album in my hands.

The whole thing you say? And where would I find this? lol

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #119 on: July 23, 2013, 06:54:50 PM »

I love reading the liner notes too!  That is part of that whole experience of listening to the album for the first time - the actual album, not just the leaked/downloaded tracks.  And BSB are the only group I even bother to read the liner notes for.

I love following along with the lyrics when they're included! LOL
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 35