Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 35

Author Topic: New music!  (Read 51772 times)

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
Re: New music!
« Reply #120 on: July 23, 2013, 06:56:16 PM »

Me too!!  I wish they included the lyrics more often.
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #121 on: July 23, 2013, 07:07:08 PM »

I know! It seems like that's a dying art. Way back when, all the lyrics to all the songs used to be included in the album jacket. Now we're lucky if we get one or two of them, if even.
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #122 on: July 23, 2013, 08:25:08 PM »

That is true, but then again besides the die hard Backstreet fans, is anyone even bothering to listen anyway? I mean to one or two of the tracks maybe if they just happen upon them, but I can't see people searching them out like we are. I know I see things all the time about other artists new songs and I have yet to click on one at all. I can't really see people clicking for BSB.

If they do, I think the eclectic mix might be a good thing for them. This album does seem to have a little bit of everything which is what 'i find most exciting!

That's the position of their publicity right now though. They're clearly trying to engage people who thought they were long gone by giving the BuzzFeeds and Entertainment Tonights of the world "exclusives" in return for what is ultimately free advertising.

They want someone who watches ET or reads BuzzFeed who otherwise would have never sought them out (fans that fell off the wagon years ago, or new ones) to hear the track and then try and find more. And when they do... they'll find all of it lol and not have to buy the CD. (or, considering most people only buy single songs. They won't have to buy a single song)

We can't assume that everyone is like you and isn't clicking on new music that they aren't familiar with because otherwise the YouTube sensations that have taken over the charts wouldn't be there lol
« Last Edit: July 23, 2013, 08:28:51 PM by julilly »
~Maple Jellybean~

What's the difference between ignorance and apathy? ... I don't know, and I don't care.

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #123 on: July 23, 2013, 08:27:46 PM »

I love reading the liner notes too!  That is part of that whole experience of listening to the album for the first time - the actual album, not just the leaked/downloaded tracks.  And BSB are the only group I even bother to read the liner notes for.

Confession. I don't read liner notes. Ever.

It took me years to figure out wtf people were talking about with the Nick talking in telephone code thing. I don't know why but I guess I don't really care about the 40 people I don't know that artists feel compelled to thank? lol

I'll edit this to add that yes, I do skim through to look at the pictures. I just don't read the messages.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2013, 08:30:14 PM by julilly »
~Maple Jellybean~

What's the difference between ignorance and apathy? ... I don't know, and I don't care.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #124 on: July 23, 2013, 08:38:34 PM »

We can't assume that everyone is like you and isn't clicking on new music that they aren't familiar with because otherwise the YouTube sensations that have taken over the charts wouldn't be there lol

Everyone should be like me. The world would be a much better and organized place! lol
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #125 on: July 23, 2013, 08:41:46 PM »

Everyone should be like me. The world would be a much better and organized place! lol

This is a fact.
~Maple Jellybean~

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #126 on: July 24, 2013, 08:42:38 AM »

She had to live in caves for not knowing who Nick Carter was. LOL

But really, another question to ask the guys should be: "Why did you call her Shorty?"  :crazy:

OMG I'm dying! My parents have a cleaning lady that comes on Wednesday mornings. She's German and speaks very poor English so for a long time she couldn't remember what our dog's name is. I overheard her just now call the dog Shorty as she was petting him and I DIED laughing!
~Maple Jellybean~

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #127 on: July 24, 2013, 09:03:55 AM »

OMG I'm dying! My parents have a cleaning lady that comes on Wednesday mornings. She's German and speaks very poor English so for a long time she couldn't remember what our dog's name is. I overheard her just now call the dog Shorty as she was petting him and I DIED laughing!

LMAO!!!
~Julie

usako

« Reply #128 on: July 24, 2013, 10:29:32 AM »

LMAO!!!

So Shorty wasn't a girl or a cavewoman but a dog!  :D :D :D :D

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #129 on: July 24, 2013, 10:34:23 AM »

That... also makes sense.  Whoa... mind blown!
~Julie

usako

« Reply #130 on: July 24, 2013, 10:37:15 AM »

:D :D :D

Multiple interpretation s.  :D :D

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #131 on: July 24, 2013, 01:06:11 PM »

Makes sense now why she was living under a rock. Because she's such a dog.
~Maple Jellybean~

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #132 on: July 24, 2013, 02:00:24 PM »

I would probably get all these jokes if I had listened to that song more than once but I don't think that shall ever happen so... lol

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #133 on: July 24, 2013, 03:20:46 PM »

I have finally just listened to the entire album and I love it! Seriously, it's way up there with Millennium and bypassed Never Gone! This is the first time I can honestly say there is not a single song I want to skip. I thought Try was going to be that song because I HATED the clip I heard of it, but the studio version is so much better and it's not as flat out R&B like I thought it was going to be.

Without a doubt, Madelaine is my favorite song but coming in a close second would be Show Em' What Your Made of, Soldier, Trust Me and Breathe! Yes all of those tied for second! That says something right there! The only song I really didn't like and can see myself skipping down the road might be One Phone Call but even that I liked more than some of the songs I claim to really like on Unbreakable and This Is Us. lol

YAY boys! They really have something special with this CD. I really do believe that. I can feel like it's different, a huge growth. Anyone else who has listened, do you feel the same way?

This is what made me fall in love with them in the first place. I remember hearing Millennium and being so impressed with their vocals, I had to find out everything there was to know about them. I think if this was my introduction to BSB, I would be feeling the same way all over again! :)

I'm' so proud of them! LOL

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #134 on: July 24, 2013, 03:23:11 PM »

I was trying to resist listening to the new stuff, other than IAWLT and Permanent Stain, but I have given up and needed to see for myself how good the songs are lol.

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 35