Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 35

Author Topic: New music!  (Read 51757 times)

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
Re: New music!
« Reply #270 on: July 30, 2013, 11:14:00 AM »

Are you working on your rankings, Mare? LOL
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #271 on: July 30, 2013, 11:14:17 AM »

I just need In Your Arms please, thanks :)

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #272 on: July 30, 2013, 11:19:11 AM »

Well I'm on my third listen of Take Care and it's a bit of a weird song, that's for sure.  It's got it's really good parts and then some of it just seems like it should be in another song!

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #273 on: July 30, 2013, 11:22:47 AM »

I just need In Your Arms please, thanks :)

Sure!  What's your email?
~Julie

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #274 on: July 30, 2013, 11:37:23 AM »

Never mind, I got your email, Steph!  Sending it now!
~Julie

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #275 on: July 30, 2013, 11:38:05 AM »

Are you working on your rankings, Mare? LOL

Yup lol
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #276 on: July 30, 2013, 11:41:46 AM »

I'm trying to make my list in order, but it's hard!  This may change too as my taste varies from day to day lol

1. Make Believe
2. Soldier
3. Try
4. Light On
5. In A World Like This
6. Show Em What You're Made Of
7. Love Somebody
8. Take Care
9. Feels Like Home
10. One Phone Call
11. Trust Me
12. Permanent Stain
13. Breathe
14. Madeleine
15. Hot Hot Hot

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #277 on: July 30, 2013, 11:46:13 AM »

I'm quite liking In Your Arms and I'm only halfway through it so far :)

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #278 on: July 30, 2013, 12:05:32 PM »

You all know how much I love this album. It's seriously the one I've been waiting for ever since I became a full fledged fan. I loved Never Gone and Millennium (way after the fact lol) but this one just seems like them. Maybe it's because they wrote most of the songs themselves, but it just does have a very personal feel.

1) Madeleine - Okay seriously! This is the song I have been trying to will them to write since I fell in love with them. Something simple, acoustic and harmonic. No flashy stupid loopy tracks, nothing to dance to. Just them being them! LOVE!!! I hope they release this as a single!

2) Soldier - This song is just catchy and bouncy. A great little pop song, but not overly cheesy pop.

3) Breathe - I really didn't like this one at first. I hated the beginning. But on second listen, I became a fan (Except the beginning. I still don't like the beginning LOL) Love the harmonies in this one! Also mega enjoy the chorus!

3) Show 'Em - I admit I think I love this one more because of the back story than the actual song. Call me sentimental but yeah. I do absolutely love the do do doos in this one! It reminds me of the classic song, "Sing a song." I wonder if they used that as their inspiration. I'm sure Kevin knew that one!

3) Trust Me - How can anyone not like this song? It's just fun!! Again I love how simple it is. Nothing flashy at all.

4) Make Believe - This was another one I didn't really enjoy on first listen but I love it now. It reminds me of that song Fireflies. Another great, simple pop song!

4) Love Somebody - I know a lot of people don't like this one but it just reads like a love letter to Lauren and I can't help but love that! Maybe because Nick's happiness is infectious but who knows. I just smile the whole time I'm listening to it.

5) Permanent Stain - Talked about it a lot but you can really tell how much I love this album if this one is way down here and I LOVE this song! LOL

5) In a World Like This - ditto!

6) Feels Like Home - This one is a bit hokey for my taste. I love the chorus but I'm not a big fan of the 'let's just list things' songs and I don't really like the country vibe, but still I do like the song! LOL It's catchy! I really don't like the beginning at all though. Whoever is singing the beginning (Kevin maybe?) Is trying too hard to sound country!

7) Try - Like I said before I hated this one when I heard the initial snippet. Gladly it wasn't quite as R&B as I thought it was going to be. I do like the simplicity of it, but it was missing something...ye ah the other four! LOL I felt the same way about the one only Nick sang on Millennium. If they were in Try a little more and there were more harmonies, I would really love it.

8) Light on - This one is a good pop song but it does remind me of that song they did with NKOTB which I was not a fan of.

8) In Your Arms - I liked this one but I have to hear it a little more before I really judge it.

9) One Phone Call - This one is their old school pop song, which is why I don't like it. I hated their earlier stuff to the point where I used to make fun of them! This is definitely the kind of song I would be mocking if I weren't a fan. Howie... *shakes head* LOL

9) Take Care - I have only listened to it twice but it's already growing on me. In a weird way. I like the I's but think the you's are dumb! LOL!! It's really all over the place. The bipolar song.

10) hot hot hot (mess!) That's pretty much all I have to say about that one!

So there ya go! That's my take!

I love them and am so very happy with this! I can't wait until I can buy it and read the liner notes and read the lyrics as I listen!

Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #279 on: July 30, 2013, 12:16:50 PM »

I'm still waiting for my actual CD to arrive :( I'm not impressed with Amazon at all!  Usually when I pre-order stuff from them, it's here the day of release, so I don't know what's happening with my CD.  They've done this to me once before with one of the Twilight DVDs.  I'm tempted to just pop down to my local supermarket and pick it up, but I know it'll arrive from Amazon and I'll have two then, grrrrrrrrr!

So glad I've got the download version though, but I really want my CD to read the notes and see the pictures :)

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #280 on: July 30, 2013, 12:22:20 PM »

That sucks, Steph!  Usually Amazon is pretty reliable!  I would have pre-ordered through them, but I wanted to be able to go out and get it myself instead of having to wait for the package to come.  Believe me, I was tempted to run out to Walmart at midnight so I could get it 8 hours earlier, but I made myself wait until Target opened in the morning.

I like the look of the album jacket.  The picture on the back of the CD of them lying in the middle of the road like roadkill cracks me up... I can't wait for an excuse to photoshop it with lots of blood and gore!  Need a banner for your bus crash story, Tracy? LOL
~Julie

Sakabelle

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #281 on: July 30, 2013, 12:23:27 PM »

I have only listened to it all the way through twice (and one of those times I was working so only half listening) so my opinions might change!

I think it might have been a mistake to listen to this on my way to work though, because I usually need to listen to very upbeat music in the morning to wake me up LOL.

In A World Like This - Love it, have loved it the whole time. The chorus has that "Backstreet hook" that I feel has been missing from their music ever since Black and Blue.

Permanent Stain - So upbeat, such high energy. I have played this one to death because I had it from the Ticketmaster download.

Breathe - I like this song but I'm not in love with it. The chorus is catchy but that's about all for me.

Madeline - I love the lyrics to this song and I love the way Nick sounds in it. It comes from such a real, raw place but I didn't find it overly catchy.

Show 'Em What You're Made Of - Like with Madeline I love the lyrics to this and the boys sound wonderful on it. I found the chorus a bit more catchy than Madeline and I think it will grow on me more in future listens!

Make Believe - This song didn't hook me at first but I went back and listened to it a few more times and it's definitely becoming a favourite! Also, it's giving me the writing push that I was hoping to get from this album, lol.

Try - I listened to this song twice and I can't even remember how it goes lol. Will need to give it a few more tries but I think I'm going with the majority on this one, it'll likely become a skip song.

Trust Me - I loved the clip of this I heard at the fan event and I still really enjoy it!

Love Somebody - This is really classy and more the type of song that I think of when I think of BSB. Aside from the whole silly caveman line LOL. However, BSB would not be BSB without some kind of cheesy line so I can forgive it and even appreciate it a little :P

One Phone Call - I liked this on the first listen but it didn't grow on me. I'll probably need to give it another chance.

Feels Like Home - Fully admitting that I was laughing to myself the first time I heard this one. It gets catchier as the song goes on, but that first verse... talk about country twang LOL Kevin! Good lord. I do really like it though.

Solider - LOVE! Love love love love. I love it. I knew I would love it from the fan event clip, but I love it even more. It's so catchy and I've been singing it in my head all day.

Hot, Hot, Hot - The first verse is okay, and I was sort of wondering why everyone was making fun of it so much. Then I got to the chorus... mocking warranted. LOL this song is ridiculous. It's like the PDA of this album.

As a whole I really appreciate what they did with this album and you can tell that they really put a lot of themselves into it. It's anything but generic and finally they've had a chance to create something that is truly them. Whether I liked all of the songs is irrelevant in that regard - this album was their baby and it shows.

(Also I haven't heard In Your Arms, Take Care and Light On, so if anyone has them and wouldn't mind sending them over to sakabelle@gmail.com I would be eternally grateful :) )
~Saka ♥

"Write a lot. Write something you’re scared to write. That’s the best advice I can give: If you have an idea, and you can’t stop thinking about it, but something about it scares you half to death—WRITE THAT."
- Rainbow Rowell

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #282 on: July 30, 2013, 12:26:51 PM »

I'm sending them to you right now, Steph!

Make Believe - This song didn't hook me at first but I went back and listened to it a few more times and it's definitely becoming a favourite! Also, it's giving me the writing push that I was hoping to get from this album, lol.

I am the same way with this song!  I liked it on the first listen, but didn't LOVE it, but now that I've listened to it a few more times and looked at the lyrics, I can see why so many people are putting it as one of their favorites.  I'm liking it more and more!  And it struck a fanfic chord in me as well!  I really like the lyrics.
~Julie

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #283 on: July 30, 2013, 12:37:34 PM »

Would you like me to email it to you? If you pm me your email address I will gladly do that! or for anyone else who is looking for that.

I am missing IN Your Arms, I think. The bonus one from Target?

You can send me Take Care or whatever others you have if you don't mind :)
« Last Edit: July 30, 2013, 12:43:57 PM by julilly »
~Maple Jellybean~

What's the difference between ignorance and apathy? ... I don't know, and I don't care.

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #284 on: July 30, 2013, 12:43:34 PM »

I think my biggest issue with this album is that it's so mellow. I don't listen to any of their ballads and those parts during the shows are painfully boring for me. I'm really not a ballad person, I do most of my music listening when I'm at the gym or driving so I prefer things more upbeat and this album is lacking a lot of that for me. I'll do a proper song-by-song review once I'm not on my iPad!
~Maple Jellybean~

What's the difference between ignorance and apathy? ... I don't know, and I don't care.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 35