Fic Talk > I Challenge You....

Let the 2013 Summer Reading Challenge begin!

<< < (26/44) > >>

usako:
Name of story: The Other Side Of Nick

1) Are you finding it easy to follow plot wise?
Yes. The plot is very easy to follow and, 'til now, there hadn't been so many twist or things hard to understand.

2) So far who is your favorite character and why?
I've to say Nick but only because he's the main character and his point is the only one the reader gets to see. Though, even if he had appeared a few times, I think that Brian is going to be my favorite. He's standing by Nick's side, though he's worried.

3) Are you getting a sense of how it will end and if so, any guesses? (Sometimes authors get a kick out of seeing what a reader thinks will happen and how predictable they may or may not be)
My guess is that it's going to end with Nick finally meeting the evil ghost and fight against him.

4) Do you feel like the summary the author gave accurately describes the story you are reading? Would there be anything you would include or omit?
I think the summary fits perfectly with the story so far.

5) Has there been any big surprises/plot twists or just overall observations?
Not much. As I said in one review, I would have loved to know a little bit more about Big Ben and his relationship with the guys.

These are the harder questions, but don't be afraid to answer them. Remember we all signed on to this knowing and expecting to get and give constructive criticism.

6) If this wasn't a challenge story and you didn't have to continue reading, would you have stopped already? If so please explain why.
I think I would have stopped. Mind, I love the idea and the story, it reminds me of "Ghost Whisperer" and I loved that telefilm! But I'm finding hard to get glued to the story because it's a Nick centered fic and I'm not a Nick girl. Secondly, it's told in first person and I'm not very fond of it.

7) Has there been any glaring errors that have stuck out? (I'm not talking about the occasional missed period, typo or spelling/grammar errors but huge mistakes that need to be pointed out that the author might not be aware of)
Not that I know.

8) Do you have any questions for the author in regard to the storyline, characters or plot? I think I'm gonna leave my questions for the final survey. It already happened that I asked her something in a review and I got my answer in the next chap. LOL

mare:
Happy Saturday everyone!

Today is the halfway point of this summer's reading challenge! The summer needs to SLOW down! lol  :'(

Thanks Tracy for completing your task this past week! Gold stars are mounding up for you!  ;D

Since we are at the halfway point, everyone should also be at the halfway point in reading by now. Which means either completely done with one story or halfway done with both. Once again I am pleased to say, that everyone is right on point or even ahead of schedule.  :-*

Except you, Erika!  >:(

So the only person who has a goal this week would be Erika, if she ever comes in here to check that is! LOL  :shrug:

Erika: By next week you should have your second halfway there survey done for Emily's story or your completed survey done for Chris's story. You also have the readers survey to complete for My Safest Place, but I'd rather you read and review the other ladies instead if you are short on time for whatever reason.

Okay everyone else, just keep reading and reviewing!!

Also don't forget to drop in here and tell us your thoughts about the stories you read :)

See ya next Saturday!

Alexsgirl_ritz:
Thank you, Usako (I'm sorry, I dont know your real name) for the review. I apologize ahead of time cause the story will get slower and it is unfinished. This would be a homework for you.

I haven't been able to read these past few days. Ramadan has started and since we are not allowed to eat from 6 am to 7 pm (unless we are inside the house and no one can see us), our work hours has been reduced to half, which means no more reading during lunch breaks. But I will try to finish it before next saturday. Hopefully, Heath will sleep longer. :)

usako:

--- Quote from: Alexsgirl_ritz on July 13, 2013, 02:17:03 PM ---Thank you, Usako (I'm sorry, I dont know your real name) for the review. I apologize ahead of time cause the story will get slower and it is unfinished. This would be a homework for you.

--- End quote ---

I'm Cinzia.  :)

Alexsgirl_ritz:
^thanks. I've been following you on twitter. :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version