Fic Talk > I Challenge You....

Let the 2013 Summer Reading Challenge begin!

<< < (27/44) > >>

usako:

--- Quote from: Alexsgirl_ritz on July 14, 2013, 12:37:55 PM ---^thanks. I've been following you on twitter. :)

--- End quote ---

I guess you're Ritz, right?  :)

Carter-Orange:
Halfway there survey (Only to be completed once you have gotten at least halfway through your story)

Name of story: Falling In Love Again

1) Are you finding it easy to follow plot wise? Yes, it's an easy read and flows really well, making me keep clicking that 'next' button.

2) So far who is your favorite character and why? I like Annie, she's a working mother who's gone through some tough times over the past few years, but is doing the best for her little boy.

3) Are you getting a sense of how it will end and if so, any guesses? (Sometimes authors get a kick out of seeing what a reader thinks will happen and how predictable they may or may not be) Well, I'm hoping for a happy ending for Nick and Annie, but we shall see!

4) Do you feel like the summary the author gave accurately describes the story you are reading? Would there be anything you would include or omit? The summary fits it perfectly.

5) Has there been any big surprises/plot twists or just overall observations? Towards the beginning of the story, when Annie was talking about telling her husband about Brian's offer, I had no idea her husband was no longer alive. 

These are the harder questions, but don't be afraid to answer them. Remember we all signed on to this knowing and expecting to get and give constructive criticism.

6) If this wasn't a challenge story and you didn't have to continue reading, would you have stopped already? If so please explain why. No, I wouldn't have stopped reading because I'm absolutely loving this story.  I think what's stopped me reading until now is the fact that I saw the words 'Christian music' in the summary.  Just goes to show how wrong I was to have overlooked this until now (I don't believe in religion).

7) Has there been any glaring errors that have stuck out? (I'm not talking about the occasional missed period, typo or spelling/grammar errors but huge mistakes that need to be pointed out that the author might not be aware of) Nothing that I've really noticed.

8) Do you have any questions for the author in regard to the storyline, characters or plot? What made you decide to write about her seeking a career in Christian music rather than say country, etc? 

mare:
Steph you're awesome! :)

emilo:
Yes, she is!  Thanks so much for reading, and for the compliments!

To answer your questions, there are a lot of reasons I chose to go with Christian music.  I had this idea in my head for Brian and Annie's "chance meeting" at church, and I imagined Christian music in particular as a common thread for the two of them to bond over.  In my happy little fanfic world, Brian didn't get all the backlash from the Christian music community for his support of the gay community (I, too, am pretty religious and a Christian-- we're not all that small-minded and judgmental).  So in the story, I imagined Brian being pretty influential in the Christian music industry (as he was at one time), and it seemed more likely that he would be able to get her into that industry than say, pop or country.  On top of that, I imagine the Annie character being more apt to pursue a singing career, particularly considering all her reasons for not doing so before if maybe there's more attached to it, a "higher purpose," so to speak.  On top of that, the female singer meets boyband member story has been done a lot.  I thought the Christian music angle made it different from the rest.

carterkid:
Mare, I have to warn you ahead of time about my miss use of  tenses it might throw you off.I have a horrible time with that.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version