Fic Talk > I Challenge You....

Let the 2013 Summer Reading Challenge begin!

<< < (28/44) > >>

mare:
Thanks for the warning! It's nice to know you're aware of it though. Do you want me to point them out to you and help correct?

carterkid:
yes,please do thanks!

mare:
Sure thing! I'll see if I can help you out! :)

Carter-Orange:

--- Quote from: emilo on July 15, 2013, 07:24:30 PM ---Yes, she is!  Thanks so much for reading, and for the compliments!

To answer your questions, there are a lot of reasons I chose to go with Christian music.  I had this idea in my head for Brian and Annie's "chance meeting" at church, and I imagined Christian music in particular as a common thread for the two of them to bond over.  In my happy little fanfic world, Brian didn't get all the backlash from the Christian music community for his support of the gay community (I, too, am pretty religious and a Christian-- we're not all that small-minded and judgmental).  So in the story, I imagined Brian being pretty influential in the Christian music industry (as he was at one time), and it seemed more likely that he would be able to get her into that industry than say, pop or country.  On top of that, I imagine the Annie character being more apt to pursue a singing career, particularly considering all her reasons for not doing so before if maybe there's more attached to it, a "higher purpose," so to speak.  On top of that, the female singer meets boyband member story has been done a lot.  I thought the Christian music angle made it different from the rest.

--- End quote ---

Yes, I think the church meeting is something different to what I've come across before.

RokofAges75:
I'm totally jumping in on your conversation, but since I just read Falling in Love Again too, I agree about the church meeting and Christian music thing - it was something different and fit Brian really well, better and more believable than having Annie being a country music artist or something.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version