Fic Talk > I Challenge You....

Let the 2013 Summer Reading Challenge begin!

<< < (8/44) > >>

mare:
Wow! We've been doing this for a while! LOL

carterkid:
Sorry I havn't checked in.My power went out and just got it back on tonight.So if I don't answer that's what happened. :-[

FrickingKaos:
Nobody has started reading mine yet but here are my surveys.

Name of story: Separate Ways by Mare

1) Are you finding it easy to follow plot wise?

Yes....the plot is simple and clear.

2) So far who is your favorite character and why?

I love Nick because he's got such an innocence about him yet he wants to be a tough guy when it comes to his emotions. I just love how he's written.

3) Are you getting a sense of how it will end and if so, any guesses? (Sometimes authors get a kick out of seeing what a reader thinks will happen and how predictable they may or may not be)

I think that Nick will get hurt somehow, he is a bit too trusting. However part of me thinks things will work out between Nick and Mike, and their family will be together.

4) Do you feel like the summary the author gave accurately describes the story you are reading? Would there be anything you would include or omit?

Yes, everything is fine the way it is.

5) Has there been any big surprises/plot twists or just overall observations?

Mike doing drugs and learning to steal...that road made me feel sad for him because Jane acted like he didn't exist anymore.

These are the harder questions, but don't be afraid to answer them. Remember we all signed on to this knowing and expecting to get and give constructive criticism.

6) If this wasn't a challenge story and you didn't have to continue reading, would you have stopped already? If so please explain why.

Nope. I always love Mare's work. Never a disappointment to me.

7) Has there been any glaring errors that have stuck out? (I'm not talking about the occasional missed period, typo or spelling/grammar errors but huge mistakes that need to be pointed out that the author might not be aware of)

Not so far that I have seen.

8) Do you have any questions for the author in regard to the storyline, characters or plot?

Where did you get the idea to write about Nick having a long lost brother from and why did you choose the setting to be around Jane's book release?

mare:

--- Quote from: carterkid on June 14, 2013, 09:07:12 PM ---Sorry I havn't checked in.My power went out and just got it back on tonight.So if I don't answer that's what happened. :-[

--- End quote ---

Sorry to hear about your power and no worries, you don't have to answer the survey until you are at least halfway through the story yet and looking at your reviews for Steph's story you still have one more chapter until you're there. lol

mare:
Thanks, Tracy! Seems you jumped the gun on this a bit too since you are only on chapter 8 but I know...you wanted that gold star LOL

To answer your question about Mike, It's a bit early to really get into why I came up with this idea but Kevin has a lot to do with it. I guess in my mind, Jane was such a horrible mom that I almost felt the need to invent a different family for the poor kid and watching Nick interact with Kevin in interviews etc... made me think he needs to get himself one of those things lol.

I really was never a big fan of the family he has and I wanted him to be the youngest sibling in real life so I just made the real wreck of his family disappear and created Mike. Nick's relationship with Mike adds a new element to his relationship with Kevin since they are about the same age.

I figured Jane's book was a perfect opportunity to show how much she uses her son while at the same time giving Mike something to be able to 'see' to make that connection.

And of course, you know how much you rock as a steady reader all these years and this one is about as old as Long Road too. Yikes!

And feel free to ask or comment on anything else once you get to the real halfway point.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version