Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 18

Author Topic: The AC confessional  (Read 46619 times)

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
Re: The AC confessional
« Reply #75 on: July 15, 2013, 05:21:06 AM »

I have a feeling none of the guys were blessed with the acting gene, except for Kevin. He was pretty great in Chicago! I have never seen his movies though!
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #76 on: July 15, 2013, 06:28:17 AM »

I think the only Kevin movie I've seen is that Love Takes Wing one he had a cameo in.  It was a really small part, so that hardly counts, but he played it well? LOL  I wish I could have seen him in Chicago; I'm sure he was fantastic.
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #77 on: July 15, 2013, 08:13:12 AM »

I confess that I have The Hollow DVD and have downloaded The Pendant, I don't have Kill Speed but have seen how crap it is when it's been on TV lol.

Yes, I'd be up for a night of watching his movies too, although I may be asleep when you are watching :(

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
  • writing fanfic by moonlight....
    • twitter
« Reply #78 on: July 15, 2013, 08:32:08 AM »

I've seen all Nick's movies, you have no idea how giddy I was when I saw Kill Speed on Netflix. I like The Hollow best actually out of all three of his movies.

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #79 on: July 15, 2013, 08:38:42 AM »

The Hollow is my favorite of the three by far, not that that's saying much.  With a bigger budget, better special effects, better writing, and better acting, it could have been a good movie LOL.  I love the Headless Horseman.  I was just disappointed Nick didn't get decapitated.  Honestly, when I found out the movie was about the Headless Horseman and that Nick played a bad guy, I thought he was a goner for sure!  I was looking forward to it! LOL  I am glad he was in the whole movie, though, unlike the kid from Jurassic Park who is a better actor but dies in the first scene LOL.
~Julie

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
  • writing fanfic by moonlight....
    • twitter
« Reply #80 on: July 15, 2013, 08:58:31 AM »

Okay this is a pretty.big confession and I am ready for people to be like"Why would someone do this?"

I run that account on twitter for Nick's butt. It started entirely out of boredom and as a total joke but it was fun as hell. I hardly update that account anymore but I decided after some consideration to come forward. I made it for laughs never thought I'd get almost 700 followers on that account.

totally ready for the head shaking and eye rolling.on this one Lol.

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #81 on: July 15, 2013, 09:08:18 AM »

LMAO Are you serious?!  That's awesome, Tracy!  I had no idea.  I follow Nick Carter's Booty.  I actually got excited for a second when I saw him post good morning earlier because I just saw "Nick Carter" at first, and then I was like, "Oh, it's just his butt."  But I still enjoy it, especially when it tweets pictures.  That's so funny that it's been you all along; I had no idea.  I just followed it because other people were and it looked funny.
~Julie

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #82 on: July 15, 2013, 09:15:37 AM »

I didn't know Nick's but had an account lol I swear I need to be more in the loop!
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #83 on: July 15, 2013, 09:27:11 AM »

~Julie

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #84 on: July 15, 2013, 09:38:05 AM »

Cute, thanks! LOL

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #85 on: July 15, 2013, 09:54:38 AM »

Another confession I thought of...

One place I look when I'm researching for my medical dramas is blogs, because a blog written by someone who's gone through the same thing your character is going through can help you get both the physical stuff (all the gory little details the medical websites don't tell you and how various procedures and side effects actually feel) and the emotional stuff (what goes through your head when you're dealing with something like this).  I usually will just stumble onto an entry of some random blog in my googling that helps answer whatever question I had, but once in awhile I will get sucked in and start reading and following the whole blog.

I did this as I was writing Curtain Call, found this guy's blog who had a similar kind of cancer to what I gave Nick.  His blog was actually really funny, the way he wrote about things, so I ended up reading all of it and then checking back on it from time to time (it wasn't updated very often).  I stopped going to it after a certain point in Curtain Call, but something made me think of it sometime last year, and I went to check on it and saw that the guy had died. :(  It was sad.  And then I was like, is it weird that I feel sad for this stranger whose blog I've been trolling?  But I guess while it may be weird that I was trolling it in the first place, it's not weird to feel sad for someone who's died, whether you knew them or not.
~Julie

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #86 on: July 15, 2013, 10:09:42 AM »

^ very true and sad :(

Jean (my friend who died a few years ago) used to keep a blog and hundreds of people used to visit all the time, even people she didn't know because she had a very rare form of cancer and was great with words and making things funny instead of scary!

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #87 on: July 15, 2013, 10:12:27 AM »

related to that one!

Whenever using anything psychological for my stories which is basically all of them! I would consult with my sister and ask her hypothetical questions like, what might happen if you are in a traumatic situation where you're asked to torture your best friend? How would your mind deal with something like that? LOL And her answers were basically the therapy sessions Brian had in It Stays. I even named the therapist after my sister!

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #88 on: July 15, 2013, 10:18:32 AM »

^ very true and sad :(

Jean (my friend who died a few years ago) used to keep a blog and hundreds of people used to visit all the time, even people she didn't know because she had a very rare form of cancer and was great with words and making things funny instead of scary!

Aww... a sense of humor is so important!  My friend Lisa was like that too; she had a blog, and you could see her great attitude throughout it, even when things were bad.  I don't know that she got that many visitors outside of people who actually knew her, though.
~Julie

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #89 on: July 15, 2013, 10:20:48 AM »

related to that one!

Whenever using anything psychological for my stories which is basically all of them! I would consult with my sister and ask her hypothetical questions like, what might happen if you are in a traumatic situation where you're asked to torture your best friend? How would your mind deal with something like that? LOL And her answers were basically the therapy sessions Brian had in It Stays. I even named the therapist after my sister!

That's really nice that you can do that with your sister!  If I tried that with my sister, she would give me a weird look and be like, "What the fuck is wrong with you?  You are so gay!"  ("You are so gay!" is exactly what she said to me when she found out why I really wanted to go see This Is the End with her.  Okay then? LOL)
~Julie

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 18