Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 36

Author Topic: Question of the day part 10  (Read 90922 times)

usako

Re: Question of the day part 10
« Reply #150 on: July 28, 2013, 05:06:15 PM »

I love how teenybopper all our first fanfics were!  These descriptions are cracking me up.  It sounds cute, though!

I feel so left out. I've never wrote a teenybopper fanfics. Bad Cinzia. lol

emilo

• Captain of Commotion
« Reply #151 on: July 28, 2013, 05:08:41 PM »

My first fanfic was one of those "written in a notebook in middle school" fics.  I actually don't remember which one came first, but my friends and I had these little lives planned for ourselves, where each one of chose a favorite BSB and was married with kids to him. We wrote stories about that. LOL.  I started writing the back story to that eventually. and later on, I starting re-writing that as "Forever," just to have something that tied all those little vignettes I wrote way back when all together. Subsequently, that became the first BSB fanfic I published online, oh, 14 years or so later.  The first fanfic I actually published online was a Grey's Anatomy fic on fanfiction.net .

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #152 on: July 28, 2013, 05:10:11 PM »

I feel so left out. I've never wrote a teenybopper fanfics. Bad Cinzia. lol

LOL This is probably a good thing! :)
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #153 on: July 28, 2013, 05:17:25 PM »

How many of you have put a story on hiatus for a long time and then eventually finished it?  How long was it on hiatus?  How were you able to get going on it again?

I've mentioned this a dozen times but Hawk and a Handsaw was on hiatus for four years before I picked it back up and finished it in six months. I have no idea how I was able to get it going again except that it was really hard and I couldn't have done it without the amount of interest there was in seeing in completed.
~Maple Jellybean~

What's the difference between ignorance and apathy? ... I don't know, and I don't care.

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #154 on: July 28, 2013, 05:21:09 PM »

As for something unique, it didn't start a trend (not sure it could lol), but I feel I did that with "Remember Me This Way". No one had ever considered giving one of the Boys something like Early Onset Alzheimer's to strike in the prime the way I did. That's actually part of what scared me when I wrote the chapter revealing it. Because it was definitely brand new to the fandom. I'm proud of myself for not only coming up with it but doing my best to tackle my nerves when I wrote that story.

I must confess... I was writing a Huntington's Disease medical fic at the same time you started posting Remember Me so I put the story on the backburner because the two illnesses have similarities and I didn't want anyone to think I was trying to rip you off. I actually just read the 10-or-so chapters I had written the other day and wondered to myself whether I should get back into it.
~Maple Jellybean~

What's the difference between ignorance and apathy? ... I don't know, and I don't care.

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #155 on: July 28, 2013, 05:22:05 PM »

I must confess... I was writing a Huntington's Disease medical fic at the same time you started posting Remember Me so I put the story on the backburner because the two illnesses have similarities and I didn't want anyone to think I was trying to rip you off. I actually just read the 10-or-so chapters I had written the other day and wondered to myself whether I should get back into it.

DO IT!!!  I would read that. :)
~Julie

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #156 on: July 28, 2013, 05:30:24 PM »

I wouldn't have thought that about you. You should write it! I'd read that in a heartbeat.
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #157 on: July 28, 2013, 05:45:11 PM »

The very first fanfic I ever wrote is actually Mizpah. I was totally inspired by Ground Zero, Seven Days, and On The Run so yeah, I jumped right on the kidnapping bandwagon for that one. I have never written a teenybopper fic probably because I was not a teenybopper when I became a fan! But I have been loling at the fact that you all had your female's named after yourselves! LMAO
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #158 on: July 28, 2013, 05:45:52 PM »

You should! Did you ever finish Ataxia? I don't remember if you did or not. Was that the name? Did I get that right?
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #159 on: July 28, 2013, 06:08:22 PM »

You should! Did you ever finish Ataxia? I don't remember if you did or not. Was that the name? Did I get that right?

YES! It was! :) I didn't finish it. I actually ended up starting this one in an effort to get going on Ataxia again. I was trying to come up with ideas and they didn't fit the mold for that story and ended up morphing into a different story entirely. Crazy that you remember that haha
~Maple Jellybean~

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #160 on: July 28, 2013, 06:12:17 PM »

I know, it's crazy what my brain chooses to remember! LOL

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #161 on: July 28, 2013, 06:15:03 PM »

DO IT!!!  I would read that. :)

I wouldn't have thought that about you. You should write it! I'd read that in a heartbeat.

It's AU right now (because I'm a creature of habit) but I was thinking about turning it into a canon-fic. Saka-Steph is the only person who has read it as of yet. It may one day see the light of day, you never know! :) It's in the completion queue LOL
~Maple Jellybean~

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #162 on: July 28, 2013, 06:22:17 PM »

It's AU right now (because I'm a creature of habit) but I was thinking about turning it into a canon-fic. Saka-Steph is the only person who has read it as of yet. It may one day see the light of day, you never know! :) It's in the completion queue LOL

I would read it either way, but I would prefer it as a canon fic!  Having him be a celebrity going through something like that just adds another dimension of angst to it.  Is this a Nick story?
~Julie

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #163 on: July 28, 2013, 06:35:10 PM »

Has anyone else ever stopped writing or refrained from posting a story because someone else beat you to it and posted a story that seemed too similar?  If you don't mind sharing, what was the idea, and what was the story that stopped you?  I wonder how often this happens!
~Julie

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #164 on: July 28, 2013, 06:35:54 PM »

I would read it either way, but I would prefer it as a canon fic!  Having him be a celebrity going through something like that just adds another dimension of angst to it.  Is this a Nick story?

It's a Frick & Frack story, actually. :)
~Maple Jellybean~

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 36