Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 36

Author Topic: Question of the day part 10  (Read 90960 times)

usako

Re: Question of the day part 10
« Reply #210 on: July 29, 2013, 01:36:33 AM »

I always end upmissing the fun because of this damn time difference.  :(

Have you ever worried that one of your stories was too similar to something that was posted before it, maybe even another story that helped inspire it?

Mh...I'm always inspired by other stories, stories that I've read and that I loved. So, yes, I'm always worried that someone would read one of mine and say "Ehi! It's similar to mine!". Thankfully it never happened. I think some topics or trend are bound to be written by several authors, it's just a matter of how you write them.

So someone just needs to write a story where the Boys' bus gets hijacked, then crashes in the wildnerness, which turns into a survival story in which they're also trying to get away from the hijackers.  If anyone's looking for a new novel idea, take it, it's yours!

I have too many stories/translations going on right now but, if I had the time, I would definetely trying to write it.

I did some thinking and here is what I came up with:

Rose: Deep. A lot of her stuff has that dark, angsty feel that I like mixed in with the occasional humor here and there. She writes a lot of powerful emotion driven stories and I really admire her description and sense of character.

Julie: Skilled. She is such an amazing writer. She has a way with writing first person that one day I hope to achieve, she creates these scenes and I am constantly in awe. A lot of the time she writes something that I can picture in my head.

Saka Steph: Funny. I really like how realistically she writes Nick and the other boys, especially in Running Up That Hill. I really love that she takes situations and tries to find the humor in them.

Mare: Inspiring. There is not much more I can say about her that I haven't....she really inspires me as I read her work to do my best. I want to write canon as well as her one day.

UK Steph: Twisted. Bot Flies, need I elaborate any more LOL.

Lore: Intriguing. I love that she tries to write what most people wouldn't, science fiction. She thinks outside the box and isn't afraid to try anything. I admire that a lot.

Cinzia: Friendly. She seems like she is easy going and doesn't object to creative input....she is dedicated to writing slash and supoorting her genre. I like that she tries to get along with everyone. I am also impressed with her translating skills.

Thank you.  :bighug:

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #211 on: July 29, 2013, 07:23:12 AM »

Cinzia - Sweet. You're always so nice on here and even though not many read your genre in this fandom you stick with it because it's what you love. :)
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

usako

« Reply #212 on: July 29, 2013, 07:47:32 AM »

So, it took me awhile to come up with all the descriptions. I'm bad with those kinda of things so I apologize if they sounds weird.

Rose, Julie, Mare: Teachers, in the sense that I've always look up to all of your works and you're all my top3 BSB writers. And through your stories I've learned so many new words and, especially thanks to Julie, my medical dictionary is a lot bigger.

Tracy: Creative. I've read some of your works and they're always unique and original. As others have said, don't bring yourself down because you're damn good.

Carter - Orange: Twisted. I've only read "Save a Prayer" and that's why I've come up with that word.

Ritz: I can't come up with one word but you've managed to make me read and love a Nick-centered story so kudos!

Julilly: Original. All of your stories are so different from each other and they stand up from the normal genre.

And a colletive word for everyone: friendly. Once I got past my shyness and fear to post, I've found myself in a place where it's so easy to talk and share this passion we all have. So thank you.  :)

Cinzia - Sweet. You're always so nice on here and even though not many read your genre in this fandom you stick with it because it's what you love. :)

:bighug:

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #213 on: July 29, 2013, 07:49:33 AM »

Aww, thank you!!  And thank you, too, Tracy!
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #214 on: July 29, 2013, 07:52:24 AM »

Thanks, guys! Cinzia I had no idea you read my stuff! I'm flattered by the compliment.

You guys are all the best! Group hug!  :bighug: :patpat: :wave:
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #215 on: July 29, 2013, 07:52:49 AM »

I forgot we put all those smilies on here! LOL
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #216 on: July 29, 2013, 07:54:05 AM »

You should write that story Mare. Come on! It screams you!
That sounds like a Mare story. I would definitely read that!

Thank you both for saying that! Maybe if it were the beginning of June and not the end of July. There's always next summer though! LOL

usako

« Reply #217 on: July 29, 2013, 07:58:20 AM »

Thanks, guys! Cinzia I had no idea you read my stuff! I'm flattered by the compliment.

You guys are all the best! Group hug!  :bighug: :patpat: :wave:

"It stays with you" is probably the one of the first stories that I've read here on AC and it's still one of my favorite angst ever.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #218 on: July 29, 2013, 08:02:27 AM »

"It stays with you" is probably the one of the first stories that I've read here on AC and it's still one of my favorite angst ever.

Aww, well of course you would like that one! Duh me! LOL and thanks! I tried my best to torture Brian as much as possible in that one!

usako

« Reply #219 on: July 29, 2013, 08:05:38 AM »

Aww, well of course you would like that one! Duh me! LOL and thanks! I tried my best to torture Brian as much as possible in that one!

:D I'm easy to please: torture Brian and I'll be forever a fan.  :D

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #220 on: July 29, 2013, 08:09:57 AM »

:D I'm easy to please: torture Brian and I'll be forever a fan.  :D

Words to live by! Maybe we can have Leighanne make those shirts for her wylee franchise! LOL

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #221 on: July 29, 2013, 08:11:08 AM »

LMAO!!  I'd buy one!
~Julie

usako

« Reply #222 on: July 29, 2013, 08:12:40 AM »

Me too, even if the shipping will cost me more than the shirt itself. LOL

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #223 on: July 29, 2013, 08:13:50 AM »

LOL!

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #224 on: July 29, 2013, 08:14:58 AM »

Maybe she'll throw some Wylee parties during the European tour!  Don't know if she'll be able to get the Wylee trailer across the ocean, though LOL.
~Julie

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 36