Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 36

Author Topic: Question of the day part 10  (Read 90871 times)

usako

Re: Question of the day part 10
« Reply #225 on: July 29, 2013, 08:22:12 AM »

lol I doubt it. Too much expensive. lol

Sakabelle

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #226 on: July 29, 2013, 08:45:11 AM »

It's AU right now (because I'm a creature of habit) but I was thinking about turning it into a canon-fic. Saka-Steph is the only person who has read it as of yet. It may one day see the light of day, you never know! :) It's in the completion queue LOL

I'm still getting caught up on this thread but I can attest to the fact that this story is fantastic!
~Saka ♥

"Write a lot. Write something you’re scared to write. That’s the best advice I can give: If you have an idea, and you can’t stop thinking about it, but something about it scares you half to death—WRITE THAT."
- Rainbow Rowell

Sakabelle

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #227 on: July 29, 2013, 08:51:31 AM »

Has anyone else ever stopped writing or refrained from posting a story because someone else beat you to it and posted a story that seemed too similar?  If you don't mind sharing, what was the idea, and what was the story that stopped you?  I wonder how often this happens!

I have two chapters of a story where Nick goes insane from all the Lauren hate and starts killing his fans. I never continued with it or posted it because of the 1000 ways to kill Nick Carter and Revenge of the Slaughtered collabs! I didn't want anyone to think I was trying to capitalize on the popularity of those.

This has also happened with the soccer AU I'm writing, but I'm still writing mine anyway because I care a lot less about offending people in 1D fandom LOL. I even came up with the same title (which I might change, haven't decided yet) but I figure it's not a big deal since I'm posting on another site and my actual story is quite different.
~Saka ♥

"Write a lot. Write something you’re scared to write. That’s the best advice I can give: If you have an idea, and you can’t stop thinking about it, but something about it scares you half to death—WRITE THAT."
- Rainbow Rowell

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #228 on: July 29, 2013, 08:55:08 AM »

Aww!  There is always more room for stories with Nick as a raging homicidal maniac!  It's kind of hot!  Though if you're not going to continue the novel, you could always just add your fan deaths to Revenge of the Slaughtered.
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

Sakabelle

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #229 on: July 29, 2013, 08:56:37 AM »

Aww!  There is always more room for stories with Nick as a raging homicidal maniac!  It's kind of hot!  Though if you're not going to continue the novel, you could always just add your fan deaths to Revenge of the Slaughtered.

Haha thank you! It didn't even make it to any fan deaths yet, but I might continue with it when I attempt to write BSB again after IAWLT comes out!
~Saka ♥

- Rainbow Rowell

Sakabelle

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #230 on: July 29, 2013, 08:59:23 AM »

What was your very first fanfic about?  Was it BSB or some other fandom?

First of all I should thank you guys for all your kind words about me and my writing! Seriously grinning over here.  :bighug:

Like Cinzia, I believe my first fanfic was about Sailor Moon. It wouldn't have been posted online, but it was in one of those notebooks with little comic drawings to accompany it, ha! I don't even know what it was about. Probably my thoughts on what happened in the rest of the series that hadn't been dubbed into English yet.
~Saka ♥

- Rainbow Rowell

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #231 on: July 29, 2013, 10:38:54 AM »

Maybe I need to set this up for Guilty Roads!  I feel like I would need to be bribed though.  Did you get rewarded when you met the deadline... or punished when you didn't? LOL

I would bribe you to write GR :D

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #232 on: July 29, 2013, 10:40:13 AM »

This question was inspired by the reading challenge thread where Ritz was talking about hating the female character's name in the story she read.

Have you ever been so turned off by something in a story that had nothing to do with the actual storyline or writing style that you stopped reading or at least thought about stopping?  Feel free to share specific examples of little things that have annoyed you like that, as long as you're not going to hurt anyone's feelings!
~Julie

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #233 on: July 29, 2013, 10:40:46 AM »

I would bribe you to write GR :D

I will work for Nick Carter if you can bribe me with that.  Any Backstreet Boy will do, actually.  Brian is preferable. :)
~Julie

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #234 on: July 29, 2013, 10:43:48 AM »

Going along with the names thing, the first time I tried to read Cover Me With Dreams, which is now like my favorite fanfic of all time, I was so turned off by the name of the female lead, Ciara.  I am not a big fan of the name to begin with, as it's one of those trendy names, but the fact that it had the Mary Sue spelling instead of being Sierra made it even worse!  It grew on me as I got into the story and got to know her character, though.  I don't mind it now.  But it definitely made me roll my eyes the first time!  No offense to any Ciaras/Sierras, both fictional or otherwise. :)
~Julie

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #235 on: July 29, 2013, 10:44:01 AM »

I will work for Nick Carter if you can bribe me with that.  Any Backstreet Boy will do, actually.  Brian is preferable. :)

If I could offer you him I would lol, all I've got to bribe with is chocolate :D

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #236 on: July 29, 2013, 10:46:04 AM »

If I could offer you him I would lol, all I've got to bribe with is chocolate :D

Could you mold me a chocolate Brian?  I would probably write for that. LOL
~Julie

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #237 on: July 29, 2013, 10:47:18 AM »

Have you ever been so turned off by something in a story that had nothing to do with the actual storyline or writing style that you stopped reading or at least thought about stopping?  Feel free to share specific examples of little things that have annoyed you like that, as long as you're not going to hurt anyone's feelings!

I know this probably sounds horrible for me to say, but if Leighanne is featured in a story and is not the villian, I will totally skim over her parts! LOL I do the same with whenever a Carter family member shows up in a story unless it's just a brief thing. I don't think I have read a story where Leighanne is featured, or have gotten through one anyway lol but I can give an example of a Carter one!

In one of the Swollen Issues stories, I don't recall which one. Aaron showed up and it appeared as though he was never ever going to leave. I admit I had the hardest time getting through those chapters and did end up skimming most of those. That's my thing, I guess. I won't stop reading, but I'll skim. LOL

I also skim sex scenes and physical torture scenes.

None of those have to do with the way things are written, it's just my own comfort level with all of the above!
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

usako

« Reply #238 on: July 29, 2013, 10:49:02 AM »

Could you mold me a chocolate Brian?  I would probably write for that. LOL

Can I have one too? *puppy eyes*

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #239 on: July 29, 2013, 10:49:25 AM »

I know this probably sounds horrible for me to say, but if Leighanne is featured in a story and is not the villian, I will totally skim over her parts! LOL I do the same with whenever a Carter family member shows up in a story unless it's just a brief thing. I don't think I have read a story where Leighanne is featured, or have gotten through one anyway lol but I can give an example of a Carter one!

In one of the Swollen Issues stories, I don't recall which one. Aaron showed up and it appeared as though he was never ever going to leave. I admit I had the hardest time getting through those chapters and did end up skimming most of those. That's my thing, I guess. I won't stop reading, but I'll skim. LOL

I also skim sex scenes and physical torture scenes.

None of those have to do with the way things are written, it's just my own comfort level with all of the above!

I wished Aaron would go away from Swollen Issues too!  I think that was the third one; he was in it a lot.  I am not a big fan of having the family members around either, although sometimes it's unavoidable if you're trying to keep it realistic.  I literally cannot write Jane Carter without taking her to Crazytown (which is really not so far from reality, sadly), so I try to avoid writing her at all costs these days.
~Julie

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 36