Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 44

Author Topic: Questions to ponder part 11  (Read 110562 times)

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
Re: Questions to ponder part 11
« Reply #75 on: November 08, 2013, 06:50:45 PM »

You lie! You just wrote a brilliant story!

Me, on the other hand, I'm toast lol

Wrote as in past tense. I thought I had more umph but turns out I'm umphless lol I haven't even wanted to read anything.
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #76 on: November 08, 2013, 06:53:03 PM »

I don't think I've even opened one of my stories since August. :(  It's not that I've lost my mojo or that I don't want to; it's just that I haven't had the time or energy.  I'm now getting my master's, on top of working full time, so the time I used to spend writing or trying to write on weekends is now spent doing homework.  I can't even stay caught up on reading anyone else's stories, let alone write my own.  It sucks.

That sucks but at least it's not because of lack of interest which means at one point you'll be able to write, even if it's not until June! lol Let's hope it happens sooner than that though!
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #77 on: November 08, 2013, 10:08:29 PM »

The way things are looking, I may not be writing again until July!  I guess there's always Christmas break.
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #78 on: November 09, 2013, 05:21:25 AM »

I hope you do find some time Julie :)

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #79 on: November 09, 2013, 08:58:35 AM »

Thanks, me too! :)
~Julie

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #80 on: November 09, 2013, 06:58:53 PM »

For the people in a writing funk, what is something that would help get you out of it? Why do you think you ended up in a writing funk in the first place?

usako

« Reply #81 on: November 10, 2013, 02:24:27 AM »

For the people in a writing funk, what is something that would help get you out of it? Why do you think you ended up in a writing funk in the first place?

To me, it helped so so much all the pictures and videos of Brian and Nick from the cruise and now from the European promo.   ;D ;D
As for the reason why I end up in a funk, it's pretty simple: my insecurities. I started thinking that what I was writing just sucked, then that all of my ideas were bleah and no one would really read them or like them, even myself. Plus being half sick and always out of home.

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #82 on: November 10, 2013, 10:48:27 AM »

I think if I had a story idea I was really into, I would probably make more of an effort to write during the free time I do have in the evenings after school or on weekends.  When I was writing Curtain Call, I sometimes wrote on school nights because I was so into it that my enthusiasm made up for my lack of energy.  I also wrote By My Side throughout college, student teaching, and my first year of teaching, which couldn't have been any less busy than this year has been for me.  The difference is, I cared so much about that story that I made the time to write, whereas now, forcing something out on one of my in-progress stories that I'm already kind of "meh" about feels like way too much effort, so I usually choose to watch TV instead LOL.  I think if I were to be hit with a truly inspired idea or a wave of inspiration on one of the stories I've started, I would start writing again.
~Julie

Sakabelle

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #83 on: November 10, 2013, 11:08:24 AM »

I don't actually know what would help me get out of it. I thought the new album would help a bit to click my brain back into BSB mode, and it did but it didn't last long enough for me to complete Thesis of a Cruel Angel, even though I think I do have 5 or so chapters of that sitting in my folder unposted.

I was also banking on the cruise to bring back some of my BSB mojo. I even worked my butt off to finish a 1D story before that because I was so sure I'd be back into BSB mode afterwards. But that didn't happen.

I actually did open up Running Up That Hill last week and read over the entire thing, and I wrote about 100 words on a new chapter of it before getting bored/frustrated with it and giving up.

I don't know what it is because it's not that I don't like them anymore, I really do and I still keep up with them and I listen to IAWLT often. But for some reason, writing 1D stuff is a lot more appealing to me - oh and that's another issue I have. With BSB I largely write about Nick and it's always been that way, I've never had much interest in writing about the other guys (which is part of the reason Running Up That Hill is such a big challenge for me) but in 1D I will write about any one of them or any combination of them as main characters. So I feel like I have 4 more main characters to play with rather than just one in BSB.

~Saka ♥

"Write a lot. Write something you’re scared to write. That’s the best advice I can give: If you have an idea, and you can’t stop thinking about it, but something about it scares you half to death—WRITE THAT."
- Rainbow Rowell

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #84 on: November 10, 2013, 01:11:36 PM »

I know that if someone came and stole my TV, that would get me out of this slump.  I've become a real TV junkie!

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #85 on: November 10, 2013, 01:23:41 PM »

A lot of it is TV's fault! lol

I'm just too tired really. When I have the time to write which is the weekends, I tend to opt to catch up on shows I missed during the week or watch a movie or mainly nap. Like Julie said though, if I found myself incredibly inspired to write on something I most likely would like I did with my last one. I have never really been that into a story before. I do have ideas waiting but I guess I'm not as excited about them as I thought. Plus the cruise always makes my love of BSB wane a bit. I'm hoping maybe after Christmas I'll get that jolt back.

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #86 on: November 10, 2013, 01:28:06 PM »

Damn you TV!!! lol

I've kind of got the idea for a romantic comedy story, but not sure I will write it yet.  I've also made a start on my challenge story but the TV drags me away with all it's good autumn shows!

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #87 on: November 10, 2013, 03:39:15 PM »

LOL I think it would help my writing if someone stole my TV too!
~Julie

kevmylove

• Minion of Mayhem
« Reply #88 on: November 12, 2013, 03:14:48 AM »

I'm somewhat glad I'm not the only one. I am truly sad I've lost my BSB mojo though and I feel like I should be more inspired with Kevin's return. Instead I'm not interested at all. I recently started a story and thought I was really going to start writing again since I'm really into the idea, buuut I can't find the inspiration in anything and I am so busy that I can't find the time to write or concentrate enough. I barely remembered that I asked a question here lol.

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
  • writing fanfic by moonlight....
    • twitter
« Reply #89 on: November 12, 2013, 02:43:45 PM »

I have been frustrated with myself because I haven't been writing since the cruise. I have things started, it is just personal thoughts holding me back. I struggle with that a lot and it is something I need to work on, the self bashing thing. People will praise me but in my mind it sucks. It pisses me off to think like that.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 44