Fic Talk > General Discussion

Even newer questions to ponder

<< < (11/112) > >>

RokofAges75:
I know!  I didn't post anything on AC until 2005, though... or if I did post anything earlier, the site changed and I had to repost in 2005.  I don't remember.  I wish I had posted Broken as I was writing it in 2003 though and not after the fact cause it would have had so many more reviews  LOL.  That was the peak of my "getting feedback through email" days.

I think this forum started in 2006, and that's when I started really getting into AC and making friends here.  If you joined in 2007, you didn't miss too much.  I can't believe Unbreakable is gonna be ten years old either... or that Backstreet's Back/the US debut album are almost twenty!

RokofAges75:
Thinking back on old BSB albums...

Which albums do you think have held up best over the years, and which ones haven't - meaning you may have really liked them when they first came out, but not so much now?  On the flip side, are there any albums that have grown on you to the point where you like them better now than when they first came out?  You can include solo albums too if you want.

Sakabelle:
Never Gone still holds up really well for me. I liked that album a lot when it first came out, and I still really like it. I have a hard time choosing between it and Unbreakable as my favourite BSB album, which is weird since they're both so different. But Never Gone sort of exists in this void on its own I think, since BSB never did anything else like that.

I will actually go out on a limb and say that I'm Taking Off doesn't hold up. I listened to that album non-stop when it came out and I really liked it. I think part of that was because it had been so long since we'd got anything solo from Nick. Now, I don't think I could listen to that album the whole way through. Burning Up, Falling Down and I'm Taking Off are still really good, though.

RokofAges75:
Never Gone is probably the most unique of all their albums, in a good way.  I will stand by the "organic" pop/rock, always!

I agree with you about I'm Taking Off.  Like you, I still adore some of the songs on it, mainly I'm Taking Off and Burning Up, but a lot of the other tracks are just "meh" to me.  It's always had skip songs for me, but I used to enjoy listening to more of the album than I do now.  I feel the same way about Now or Never, although, again, some of the songs I will always love.

On the flip side, All American is definitely one that I enjoy better now than I did when it first came out.  It grew on me quickly (like, within a few days), but I was actually kind of disappointed with it when I first heard it because I felt like it wasn't as personal as I'm Taking Off and the songs, while more upbeat and fun, lacked substance.  After listening to it more and learning the lyrics, though, I think it has a lot more substance than I initially thought, and some of the songs are very personal and Nick-ish.  Now I think it's his best solo album, and there's not a single skip song on it for me.

As far as BSB albums go, I think Millennium has held up very well.  That's always been one of my favorite albums, and it's still one I can listen to all the way through without skipping any track.  The tracks that were my favorites when it came out are still my favorites, and I think if I were to make a list of all-time favorite BSB songs, there would be multiple songs from Millennium in the top 20.

In a World Like This has also held up for me, although it's hard to know for sure while it's still the newest album.  It took the place of Never Gone as my other favorite album, which I guess means Never Gone hasn't held up quite as well for me.

I think Unbreakable is probably the album that has held up the least well for me.  It still has its standout tracks that I will always love, like Unsuspecting Sunday Afternoon and Unmistakable, but some of the songs that I really loved when it came out I don't love so much anymore, and I think it has too many throw-away tracks that are not necessarily bad, just boring (You Can Let Go, Trouble Is, Love Will Keep You Up All Night).

Carter-Orange:

--- Quote from: RokofAges75 on July 04, 2017, 11:25:38 PM ---Thinking back on old BSB albums...

Which albums do you think have held up best over the years, and which ones haven't - meaning you may have really liked them when they first came out, but not so much now?  On the flip side, are there any albums that have grown on you to the point where you like them better now than when they first came out?  You can include solo albums too if you want.

--- End quote ---

Never Gone is still my favourite, I can still listen to the whole album without skipping anything.

For me, This Is Us is probably the least favourite, but I suppose I didn't really like most of that album when it came out lol.  I still love Undone though, that's probably the only song on there I'll play.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version