Fic Talk > General Discussion

Even newer questions to ponder

<< < (101/112) > >>

mare:
Aww thanks! Sometimes I miss writing them. Kevin and Nick lol

RokofAges75:
Here's a music-related question for you all.  Tell us about your all-time favorite BSB song!  Do you remember the first time you heard it?  Was it your instant favorite, or did it grow on you the more you heard it?

I have two favorites, Don't Wanna Lose You Now and Siberia.  Usually I say DWLYN is my favorite with Siberia as a close second, but all this excitement over the new album has me reminiscing on what a stand out Siberia was from the first time I heard Never Gone and what an amazing song it still is, so I'm on more of a Siberia kick right now.  I still remember the first time I heard Siberia on the day Never Gone was released.  I hated the first few notes of it... but once it got going, I liked it more and more, and by the first chorus, I loved it.  By the end of the song, it was my favorite track!  As I listened to Never Gone on repeat that whole summer, I almost always either started with Siberia or started with Climbing the Walls (which I also loved) so I could get to Siberia sooner than starting at the beginning of the album.  I absolutely loved it live on the Never Gone tour (with the snow falling!) and have been thrilled on the few rare occasions I've gotten to hear them sing it live since (soundchecks and the cruise).  I love it for its melody and the way it starts so simple and then builds and adds layers of harmony, and I also love it for its lyrics and the story it tells.  It's also a great Brian song!!  It will be hard for any new BSB song to ever top Siberia for me.

And then there's Don't Wanna Lose You Now.  DWLYN was not my favorite track on Millennium the first time I heard it or even the first few weeks (months?) after that album came out.  I always liked it, but it didn't stand out to me among all the other amazing tracks.  But at some point during the summer of 1999, I was listening to it on my Discman in the back seat of my mom's car while we were road tripping somewhere, and something just clicked for me with that song, and I fell in love with it.  Around the same time (I don't remember if it was before or after), I read the fanfic Where Can We Go From Here, which features the infamous scene of the guys singing DWLYN around Nick's hospital bed as the doctors are about to take him off life support, and then he wakes up from his coma.  Soooo cheesy, but I was 14 at the time and ATE. THAT. SHIT. UP.  I think that's another reason I started loving DWLYN so much, and I've never stopped since!  I've only seen them sing this song live one time, at my first concert during the Millennium tour, and I've always wished they would sing it again at something I'm actually at!  I know they sang it on at least one of the cruises I was not on, and I was so jealous, but it was fun watching the video of it.  The guys seem to really like that song too, so I wish they'd bring it back for a tour like they've done with other random non-singles, like Don't Want You Back, Get Another Boyfriend, and Undone.

smh1105:
That's a really good question and a tough one to answer!

I think Everybody will always have a special place in my heart cause its the song that made me interested in them in the first place. So I will always love that song for opening up the door to them for me. Not to mention I watched the all access VHS of the making of that video like a HUNDRED times lol.

I also really like I Need You Tonight on Millennium. Its such a beautiful song. I remember hearing it on Britney Spears' first album. She sampled a couple of their songs from the Millennium album and when I heard I Need You Tonight I fell in love with it. Nick's voice on that song is incredible and made me swoon!

But I think I would have to say, overall, out of all their stuff, including DNA, that my absolute favorite song is Show 'Em What Your Made Of. It is such an inspirational song. I almost start crying every time I listen to it. I don't think I was excited over it when I first started listening to IAWLT, but over time it started really speaking to me. Its been a hard couple of years for me. So it can be a very uplifting and motivational song when the depression is hitting hard.

RokofAges75:
OMG, the All Access video is my favorite!  That's the first BSB VHS I bought, and I watched that thing all the time too!  So many great quotes came from that video.

I Need You Tonight is a pretty song.  I absolutely love Nick singing it (as Heaven In Your Eyes) on the A Night Out concert - my other favorite BSB VHS!  I was not a Nick fan at all back then, but that performance is so beautiful!

I love Show 'Em too.  It's such a sweet, personal song.  I was at the first show of the IAWLT tour in Chicago, and Kevin totally got choked up singing his solo in that song (which is my favorite part of it).  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPLSZ1u0Kb8  Love!  Also, the music video for it is AMAZING! :drools:

smh1105:

--- Quote from: RokofAges75 on January 27, 2019, 09:40:27 PM ---
I love Show 'Em too.  It's such a sweet, personal song.  I was at the first show of the IAWLT tour in Chicago, and Kevin totally got choked up singing his solo in that song (which is my favorite part of it). 

--- End quote ---

Awww  :'(

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version