Fic Talk > General Discussion

The Writing Thread

<< < (33/150) > >>

nicksgal:
A question for today!

Yesterday, I got inspired on a lot of different things while writing an AJ focused chapter. I don't want to say it's because AJ is boring so I was thinking about other things, because back in the before times when I was initially writing PBox, he helped put demons powers into perspective for me (which you can read about on Wednesday).

All that being said, are any of the Boys your muse? Do any of them in particular lead you to new and great ideas? What kinds of ideas? (generalizing is fine!)

RokofAges75:

--- Quote from: nicksgal on January 04, 2021, 08:05:30 PM ---I can't remember how long they were, maybe that was ambitious of me! I take it back, let's commit to at least one episode and see how it goes?

--- End quote ---

They got a lot longer over time as our ideas got more elaborate.  My writing speed has also gotten a lot slower LOL.  But the biggest reason for the long delays between episodes was just waiting for people to finish their parts.  With three committed, hopefully inspired writers, that should go faster.

nicksgal:

--- Quote from: RokofAges75 on January 04, 2021, 08:26:04 PM ---They got a lot longer over time as our ideas got more elaborate.  My writing speed has also gotten a lot slower LOL.  But the biggest reason for the long delays between episodes was just waiting for people to finish their parts.  With three committed, hopefully inspired writers, that should go faster.

--- End quote ---

I also write slower, especially with you all distracting me, haha. I feel like there used to be a lot of parts per episode, so I guess my concern would be parts per person out of total scenes in an episode. But, like I said, without rereading it first, I think I'm getting ahead of myself.

RokofAges75:

--- Quote from: nicksgal on January 04, 2021, 08:13:21 PM ---All that being said, are any of the Boys your muse? Do any of them in particular lead you to new and great ideas? What kinds of ideas? (generalizing is fine!)

--- End quote ---

I would not call any of the Boys my muse, per se, but I seem to come up with the most ideas (or maybe just the best ideas) about Nick.  So I guess there is something about him that inspires me.  There's a lot to explore with Nick, when you look at how he grew up and how he's turned out.  Even though he's straightened himself out in real life, he still seems to attract more trouble and drama than the other guys, so it's easy to imagine him in fictional situations that would be less believable for most of the other boys to be involved in.  For example, I have a couple of ideas that were inspired by the sexual abuse allegations Melissa Schuman made against him.

RokofAges75:

--- Quote from: nicksgal on January 04, 2021, 08:29:57 PM ---I also write slower, especially with you all distracting me, haha. I feel like there used to be a lot of parts per episode, so I guess my concern would be parts per person out of total scenes in an episode. But, like I said, without rereading it first, I think I'm getting ahead of myself.

--- End quote ---

Yeah, I think we just need to go into it without any big expectations and the understanding that we're all adults with real life responsibiliti es and other projects that we also want to make time for.  I think what allowed Rose and me to finally finish Song for the Undead, even though it took us like 7 years, was that we were more patient with each other than we were with 00Carter.  We started off strong with Undead, but then real life got in the way for both of us, and we slowed down.  We both wrote other stories in the meantime, but we kept coming back to Undead with the understanding that we were going to finish it eventually.  If we have the same mindset for 00Carter, I think it will help.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version