Fic Talk > General Discussion

The Writing Thread

<< < (75/150) > >>

nicksgal:

--- Quote from: RokofAges75 on January 09, 2021, 09:32:23 PM ---Here is a great answer to our "Why do we torture Nick so much?" question:
http://absolutechaos.net/fictalk/index.php/topic,3335.msg117614.html#msg117614
--- End quote ---

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Maybe instead of patching things up with his family, he should have patched things up with Brian? Then he would save his soul?

That's exactly it. He's either LOUDLY stoked as hell about everything or screaming from anxiety in as many words as possible.

nicksgal:
I liked this question a lot:

24. If you could pick two stories you have written as a before and after to show us how much you have grown as a writer, which two would you pick?

But I almost want to change it to a before and after editing question... How does the same story change after you edit? Give us a scene that isn't a spoiler!

nicksgal:
I've finished three chapters today out of the five I wanted to finish, go me! Thanks Julie for being focused on the questions threads. Though I'm still here to chat about Nick going to medical school with you.

RokofAges75:

--- Quote from: nicksgal on January 09, 2021, 09:32:47 PM ---Also, you don't need to physically go through all of that, you just need the studying montage from the beginning of Legally Blonde! I wonder what Nick would get a bachelor's degree in? I feel like something like OChem would turn him off. And Anatomy and Physiology at my school was notoriously difficult as well.

--- End quote ---

Oh I know, I wouldn't show all the school part.  Hypothetically, I would start it with him either in his third year of med school where he gets to start rotations in a hospital or right after he graduates med school and starts his first job.  But again, it's really not realistic that Nick would go through all that trouble with two little kids and a whole nother career.

--- Quote from: nicksgal on January 09, 2021, 10:23:25 PM ---I've finished three chapters today out of the five I wanted to finish, go me! Thanks Julie for being focused on the questions threads. Though I'm still here to chat about Nick going to medical school with you.

--- End quote ---

Yay!  LOL I only have one more thread to go through, so I'm almost done compiling.

nicksgal:

--- Quote from: RokofAges75 on January 09, 2021, 10:24:00 PM ---Oh I know, I wouldn't show all the school part.  Hypothetically, I would start it with him either in his third year of med school where he gets to start rotations in a hospital or right after he graduates med school and starts his first job.  But again, it's really not realistic that Nick would go through all that trouble with two little kids and a whole nother career.

Yay!  LOL I only have one more thread to go through, so I'm almost done compiling.

--- End quote ---

But it is realistic in Brian's suspenseful coma dream...  :bateyes: He might do it just to have a "you can do anything!" moment for them if he got focused enough on the idea. Persistence and all.

How many questions are you up to now? So many...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version