Fic Talk > General Discussion

The Writing Thread

<< < (99/150) > >>

RokofAges75:

--- Quote from: nicksgal on January 13, 2021, 05:59:08 PM ---Get back to work, Dee.

--- End quote ---

I saw you updated, so I guess you did!

RokofAges75:

--- Quote from: RokofAges75 on January 12, 2021, 08:32:35 PM ---Another question I thought of while watching The Resident:  Has the pandemic affected the plots of your current or future stories at all?  If it hasn't, do you see yourself writing something that takes place in this time period, or would you prefer to stick to the past or an unspecified time period for future projects?

--- End quote ---

I asked this question the other day, and I don't think anyone answered it.  It may have gotten lost among all the other posts, or maybe no one had an answer.

Personally, the pandemic played a big role in the premise of my current story, The Road to Bethlehem.  I have a Brian idea I'm considering for my next project that I thought of a few years ago, but I will likely incorporate the pandemic and other current events into that if I write it while all of that is still relevant.  Most of my other story ideas are set in the past, so the pandemic wouldn't affect them.

Another question for everyone who still writes:  How about the recent drama surrounding Brian?  Do you think that will affect your current or future projects?

nicksgal:

--- Quote from: RokofAges75 on January 14, 2021, 06:49:36 PM ---I saw you updated, so I guess you did!

--- End quote ---

I got my new update out, but not my edits. That Brian POV chapter ended up being 3000 new/changed words and somehow ended up longer than it was before. I thought for sure editing out the confusion would make it shorter. So I finished my update and then figured "I'll let this sit for 24 hours" before I post the PBox edits. At some point in PNecklace, Nick and Minako are playing their silly travel game where they ask each other vague questions or request stories about certain topics. One of their questions was "First impression of one of our friends" and Nick's answer was "Talks too much" about Brian. And judging by that update to align with his POV, Nick's not wrong! haha.

RokofAges75:
3000 new/changed words?!  Wow, that would be like every word in an average chapter of mine LOL.

nicksgal:

--- Quote from: RokofAges75 on January 14, 2021, 06:55:59 PM ---I asked this question the other day, and I don't think anyone answered it.  It may have gotten lost among all the other posts, or maybe no one had an answer.

Personally, the pandemic played a big role in the premise of my current story, The Road to Bethlehem.  I have a Brian idea I'm considering for my next project that I thought of a few years ago, but I will likely incorporate the pandemic and other current events into that if I write it while all of that is still relevant.  Most of my other story ideas are set in the past, so the pandemic wouldn't affect them.
--- End quote ---

A Brian idea would be wild right now, how would all the current business affect your idea? (No major spoilers, obviously.) I thought I did, must have gotten lost in the shuffle... Found it.

--- Quote from: nicksgal on January 12, 2021, 09:23:01 PM ---On a whole, I'd rather forget 2020 ever happened. And if anything, I think it's made me go the opposite. Avoid anything present-day. I like to remember my Boys as they were in fanfics, so I don't think I'd ever write anything past 2003ish. But who knows! Never say never.

--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: RokofAges75 on January 14, 2021, 06:55:59 PM ---Another question for everyone who still writes:  How about the recent drama surrounding Brian?  Do you think that will affect your current or future projects?

--- End quote ---

I think you're in my head, because I was doodling your word chickens during lunch today and was thinking that with all the Brian drama, these three jokes all sound like the're actually the same story:

--- Quote from: nicksgal on January 11, 2021, 06:56:01 PM ---Although looking back at all those "Brian is Nick's guardian angel," maybe Nick is Brian's guardian angel?
--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: nicksgal on January 13, 2021, 09:18:33 PM ---Also if Nick's become clairvoyant in addition to everything else he's got going on, I feel like there's a whole new fanfic there. You can also blame him for my distracting reappearance, so I guess he works in mysterious ways... *shrug*
--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: nicksgal on January 04, 2021, 02:22:14 AM ---Hahahaha. Guys, I love you, but I do not have time to do real life, write, chat with you, and be your ghostly Messiah from the Heavens who helps you save fanfic, so you've gotta pick three, haha. (May I suggest the first three? I've got those down.)

It's like The Neverending Story, but Nick is the childlike empress.
--- End quote ---

I already doodled Nick as the childlike empress, so it did already start popping around my brain. Maybe it's fate?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version