Fic Talk > General Discussion

The Writing Thread

<< < (140/150) > >>

RokofAges75:

--- Quote from: FrickingKaos on January 23, 2021, 01:50:49 AM ---Probably the probability of getting a snake bite while you are peeing. It was for a one shot where Nick got bit by a snake while he was peeing, and had to be rushed to the hospital where he died, not from the snake bite but an earthquake during surgery killed him. Lol

--- End quote ---

LMAO!  I miss 1000 Ways.  It was fun when we first started and had so many different people writing deaths every day.

--- Quote from: FrickingKaos on January 23, 2021, 01:50:49 AM ---I'd ask Nick how he REALLY feels about Leighanne and to give a detailed description.

--- End quote ---

OMG, yes!!  I would pay to see that interview.

--- Quote from: FrickingKaos on January 23, 2021, 01:50:49 AM ---Nick torture. That's it lol. Gimme a story where something happens to him and I'm sold.

--- End quote ---

Yes!!!  This one's still going strong LOL.

nicksgal:
I promised myself that I was going to buckle down and focus on editing while the husband was watching college basketball. So I set myself a stopwatch and I pause it every time I do something that's not writing. And I committed to not popping in here at all until 2pm, but I came to part of my edits, started laughing, and had to share. Even in 2008, I had Brian preaching about politics in PBox... F-in' Brian... I think I always knew...  ::)

2008:

Brian turned his head, examining their surroundings. “It would be nice if that were so. But… Everyone’s ideals face different routes. What I call justice may be thievery or blasphemy to someone else.” He turned back to Lance, “And yet, fighting to reach a world of light... Don’t you think both the living and the dead would appreciate that?”

And now:
Brian glanced around their surroundings. “What I call justice, others may shun as tyranny. Justice is shaped by the world we live in.” He turned back to Lance. “And yet, fighting to reach a world of light for all... Don’t you think both the living and the dead would appreciate that?”

See y'all after 2pm unless I'm four pages from being completely finished or something. I'll catch up on your posts then!

RokofAges75:
LOL Oh Brian.  We always knew he was conservative, but until this past administration, I didn't think of "conservative" as necessarily being a bad thing.

I will have to try the stopwatch trick next time I'm actually writing.  I doubt I'm going to do any of that this weekend.  I'm going to update my site and try to finish reading Bethlehem and editing the last few chapters, but I don't think I'll try to start anything new.  (Of course, as I'm typing this, the song "Fallen Angel" pops up on my BSB playlist.  That's also the working title of the Brian idea that might be my next project.  Is that the universe telling me to write? LOL) 

Good luck being productive!

FrickingKaos:
I am trying to be productive on Chapter 41. I'm a little stuck at the moment but I am not sure why, I guess I need to go read about where Brian talked about his recovery again because that's what's tripping me up a little bit.

nicksgal:

--- Quote from: FrickingKaos on January 23, 2021, 01:50:49 AM ---What's the weirdest thing you've ever researched?

Probably the probability of getting a snake bite while you are peeing. It was for a one shot where Nick got bit by a snake while he was peeing, and had to be rushed to the hospital where he died, not from the snake bite but an earthquake during surgery killed him. Lol
--- End quote ---

I love the twist that he probably would have been fine if it wasn't for a random earthquake, haha.

--- Quote from: FrickingKaos on January 23, 2021, 01:50:49 AM ---If you could ask one of the Boys one question to help with your writing, who would you ask and what would that question be?

I'd ask Nick how he REALLY feels about Leighanne and to give a detailed description.

Would you rather only write self-insert fanfics or have to write about only one of the Boys and his wife for every story? Why?

Self insert because I can make myself a background character.
--- End quote ---

That's a good one! Also you both and your background character self inserts. I guess that's my fault for not specifying that I meant as a love interest. The devil is in the details.

--- Quote from: FrickingKaos on January 23, 2021, 01:50:49 AM ---If you spent an hour "writing" how much of it would be dedicated solely to putting words on the page?

Probably 30 mins because I flip between Google docs and Twitter lol
--- End quote ---

I wonder if this is why we were all faster when we were younger. The internet was slower, so it took a lot longer to use it as a distraction.

--- Quote from: FrickingKaos on January 23, 2021, 01:50:49 AM ---Of all the old fanfic cliches, which one is your guilty pleasure?

Nick torture. That's it lol. Gimme a story where something happens to him and I'm sold.

Share with us the last word you wrote down. If it's not a spoiler, tell us the last sentence.

Kevin.
--- End quote ---

I think you and a bunch of other people really enjoy Nick torture. Although, is there a lot Nick torture around these days? Have people started being nicer to him? Are we the only sadists left?

I love that you both wrote one of their names most recently.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version