Fic Talk > General Discussion

The Writing Thread

<< < (145/150) > >>

nicksgal:

--- Quote from: RokofAges75 on January 24, 2021, 02:32:52 PM ---Hehe, I love the name of that story.  Beta Sigma Beta... perfect name for a fictional BSB frat!  You could always add an author's note just letting any future readers know not to expect an update on it.

--- End quote ---

Oh good idea! And but of course! What else would you name a fictional BSB fraternity? Thank goodness they have at least two letters in their name! Although, I vaguely remember that I gave all the other fraternities joke names that made me laugh, I realize that maybe I missed out by not including a Nu Kappa Beta, a Nu Sigma, a Nu Delta, or an Omicron Tau (even though it wasn't a crossover). This was pre One Direction I think, but I suppose I also could have done a Beta Tau Mu or something... Not that Boys II Men is necessarily a boyband.  :shrug:

--- Quote from: RokofAges75 on January 24, 2021, 02:33:09 PM ---Good for you!  You're getting so close!

--- End quote ---

Took a real life break to cook meal prep with the husband for the week (see, don't worry, I still do household things with him even if I'm in gremlin mode). Now back to editing!

nicksgal:

--- Quote from: RokofAges75 on January 24, 2021, 02:36:52 PM ---I finished reading Bethlehem, worked on my outline for Fallen Angel (the Brian idea) and made a banner, which is how you know I'm serious about it LOL.  Maybe next weekend I'll actually try to start writing something for it.  I got a couple comments from enthusiastic Brian girls after I mentioned it in my site update yesterday, so at least someone is interested in reading it.

--- End quote ---

You made a banner! :o You are serious! I was always a little jealous of everyone's banner skills. Always something I wish I'd been able to learn.

That's exciting that people are looking forward to it. I was right, people probably just need some nice Brian fanfics right now.

You've got your next weekend planned out! Now what should I do? haha Life will feel a lot less cluttered without PBox to edit.

nicksgal:

--- Quote from: RokofAges75 on January 23, 2021, 09:46:23 PM ---You said originally you were going to kill them all.  What made you change your mind?

Has anyone else ever planned to kill a Boy and then given them a stay of execution at the last minute?  Or done the opposite and killed one off when you were originally planning to let him live?

--- End quote ---

I answered that:

--- Quote from: nicksgal on January 23, 2021, 10:40:05 PM ---I was originally going to kill them all!
--- End quote ---

But it seems like no one else kills the Boys seriously. Have you, Julie? I'm trying to think of one for you and I'm at a loss.

RokofAges75:

--- Quote from: nicksgal on January 24, 2021, 04:12:30 PM ---You made a banner! :o You are serious! I was always a little jealous of everyone's banner skills. Always something I wish I'd been able to learn.

That's exciting that people are looking forward to it. I was right, people probably just need some nice Brian fanfics right now.

You've got your next weekend planned out! Now what should I do? haha Life will feel a lot less cluttered without PBox to edit.

--- End quote ---

I have no artistic talent when it comes to drawing, painting, etc., but I taught myself how to make/manipulate graphics.  I've always used Paintshop Pro, but there's a free one called Paint.net that is not bad.  There's a bit of a learning curve to it while you're first figuring out the program, but it's not hard to use once you get the hang of it.  If I can do it, anyone can!

LOL We'll see if I follow through.  It was nice just relaxing this weekend, but I also missed writing.  You should take a little break, be proud of yourself for finishing this editing project, and then get back to work on your next project.

--- Quote from: nicksgal on January 24, 2021, 04:15:47 PM ---But it seems like no one else kills the Boys seriously. Have you, Julie? I'm trying to think of one for you and I'm at a loss.

--- End quote ---

Yep, I have.  I've killed every one of them at least once, some of them multiple times.  It's never a decision I take lightly; I like happy endings, but sometimes sad or bittersweet endings just work better.

nicksgal:

--- Quote from: RokofAges75 on January 24, 2021, 05:32:41 PM ---I have no artistic talent when it comes to drawing, painting, etc., but I taught myself how to make/manipulate graphics.  I've always used Paintshop Pro, but there's a free one called Paint.net that is not bad.  There's a bit of a learning curve to it while you're first figuring out the program, but it's not hard to use once you get the hang of it.  If I can do it, anyone can!

LOL We'll see if I follow through.  It was nice just relaxing this weekend, but I also missed writing.  You should take a little break, be proud of yourself for finishing this editing project, and then get back to work on your next project.

Yep, I have.  I've killed every one of them at least once, some of them multiple times.  It's never a decision I take lightly; I like happy endings, but sometimes sad or bittersweet endings just work better.

--- End quote ---

I used to use GIMP to color my line art, but it's been forever since I've used any programs like that and I was absolutely terrible at the blending tool, which I feel like would be a lot of what's used for banners.

I feel like I would also miss writing now that I've done it almost every weekend. I think it depends on what I try to do post-PBox edit. If it's binge watching twelve hours of TV, I should probably just work on writing. If it's getting back on my organization products or deep cleaning my house, I should probably do that. But, I also know post-COVID, I'll be back to my volunteering and fall tailgating, so I should probably get into the habit of not writing both days in a weekend. Or write a lot now so that I can take those days off then. Not sure.  :shrug:

I figured you had, but couldn't think of any. Did you always plan to kill them from the beginning or were there any where you changed your mind?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version