Fic Talk > General Discussion

The Writing Thread: Orlando Passaggio (aka The Writing Thread 3)

<< < (54/149) > >>

RokofAges75:

--- Quote from: nicksgal on April 07, 2021, 12:22:58 AM ---Oh, the WTF blanket. Gold. Do they have As Seen on TV stuff anymore? Like the only really ridiculous one I can think of is the Trumpy Bear where you pull a flag blanket out of its back and it has really stupid hair. Glad I'll never see that commercial ever again, lol.

I'm surprised Wimpy Boybands aren't in the most popular. They were all hilarious. If IYWITBGG hadn't just come up on my Spotify shuffle, I was about to go watch them, actually, lol.

--- End quote ---

The Trumpy Bear!  LMAO.  One of my fourth graders actually introduced me to that years ago; he thought it was hilarious too.  I looked up the video and couldn't believe it was real and not an SNL parody.

I don't watch enough commercials anymore to know.  I record every show I watch regularly so I can fast forward through all the commercials.

I thought Wimpy Boybands was what put him on the map, but maybe it was the commercial parodies.  Wimpy Boybands still rules.

nicksgal:

--- Quote from: RokofAges75 on April 07, 2021, 12:15:55 AM ---LMAO!  How deep is this bath tub?!
--- End quote ---

LMFAO! I feel like PBox doesn't have bath tubs? So I was picturing a lake, lol.

Okay, I googled "a brief history of bathing culture in Japan" because I have never really considered this, because again, I've never written something that mundane. It said that purification bathing was a luxury among the upper class, but more similar to a modern-day steam room, while warrior and commoner classes would use small tubs or pails and spoon water out. So... Now this:

--- Quote from: RokofAges75 on April 07, 2021, 12:15:55 AM ---Maybe you should write a scene with the boys sitting around the bath tub arguing.  I bet the readers of AO3 would enjoy that.
--- End quote ---

would basically be all of them sitting around nude passing around a bucket while shouting at each other. AO3 would love that. LMFAO!

--- Quote from: RokofAges75 on April 07, 2021, 12:15:55 AM ---I write more shower scenes than bath scenes, and they usually serve some purpose.  It's usually either an angsty "I'm going to go cry in the shower so my tears mix with the water" or (in the case of a cancer story) "Oh noes, my hair is falling out!" scene, or it's the start of a sex scene.  I know my foray into slash featured a scene with Nowie fooling around in the shower LOL.

--- End quote ---

I feel like "Oh noes, my hair is falling out!" could easily turn into "I'm going to cry in the shower so my tears mix with the water" as well. Dual purpose! Nowie are brave. Showers are slippery. lol The first one could also probably turn into shower sex (or vice versa), but I can't see the second one starting or ending with sex, lol.

nicksgal:

--- Quote from: RokofAges75 on April 07, 2021, 12:29:57 AM ---The Trumpy Bear!  LMAO.  One of my fourth graders actually introduced me to that years ago; he thought it was hilarious too.  I looked up the video and couldn't believe it was real and not an SNL parody.
--- End quote ---

I thought it was a parody the first time someone showed it to me, then I saw it on Comedy Central and was hilariously mortified, lol.

--- Quote from: RokofAges75 on April 07, 2021, 12:29:57 AM ---I don't watch enough commercials anymore to know.  I record every show I watch regularly so I can fast forward through all the commercials.
--- End quote ---

I'll sit through a couple live if it works out that way, but I also like fast forwarding through commercials.

--- Quote from: RokofAges75 on April 07, 2021, 12:29:57 AM ---I thought Wimpy Boybands was what put him on the map, but maybe it was the commercial parodies.  Wimpy Boybands still rules.

--- End quote ---

I thought it was the Backstreet Boys piano sonata, that he then made fun of in Wimpy Boybands, lol.

RokofAges75:

--- Quote from: nicksgal on April 07, 2021, 12:35:51 AM ---would basically be all of them sitting around nude passing around a bucket while shouting at each other. AO3 would love that. LMFAO!

--- End quote ---

LMAO!  AO3 would totally love that, especially if you come up with some kinky tags for it.

--- Quote from: nicksgal on April 07, 2021, 12:35:51 AM ---I feel like "Oh noes, my hair is falling out!" could easily turn into "I'm going to cry in the shower so my tears mix with the water" as well. Dual purpose! Nowie are brave. Showers are slippery. lol The first one could also probably turn into shower sex (or vice versa), but I can't see the second one starting or ending with sex, lol.

--- End quote ---

LOL Absolutely.  I had to go search Broken to see if there was actually a scene like this in it, and sure enough... Chapter 30.

--- Quote ---“Please, no, not yet…” Nick whimpered, gingerly reaching up to his head.  With his thumb and forefinger, he delicately touched a small lock of hair.  Separating a few hairs from the rest, he gave them a friendly tug.  Instead of clinging fast to his scalp, they slid out easily between his fingers.  Flicking the hair away in disgust and watching it wash down the drain with the rest, Nick could feel himself rapidly losing it.  Tears stung his eyes and slid down his cheeks, mixing with the shower water.
--- End quote ---

I am nothing if not predictable. LOL

nicksgal:

--- Quote from: RokofAges75 on April 07, 2021, 12:46:17 AM ---LMAO!  AO3 would totally love that, especially if you come up with some kinky tags for it.
--- End quote ---

"Group bathing and naked arguing" obviously, lol. "Literal spooning" also comes to mind. I'm just not creatively kinky enough, I guess, lol.

--- Quote from: RokofAges75 on April 07, 2021, 12:46:17 AM ---LOL Absolutely.  I had to go search Broken to see if there was actually a scene like this in it, and sure enough... Chapter 30.

I am nothing if not predictable. LOL

--- End quote ---

They just flow together too nicely not to and emo Broken Nick seems predisposed to cry in the shower anyway.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version