Fic Talk > General Discussion

The Writing Thread: Orlando Passaggio (aka The Writing Thread 3)

<< < (119/149) > >>

nicksgal:

--- Quote from: RokofAges75 on May 18, 2021, 04:42:07 PM ---I'm sure that was it - animals doing weird stuff.  It's less funny and more... interesting?  Morbidly fascinating?  WTF-worthy?  He probably came across it and thought, "I'm gonna share this and make everyone else feel awkward too."
--- End quote ---

"I have stumbled on a weird thing and need to share it with other people. Fans: look at this weird thing." I'm not positive, but I feel like a bunch of offers for blow jobs was not why he shared it. Maybe he just wanted someone to say, "Animals can make you say 'WTF' sometimes, huh, Nick? Here's a video of a dog trying to get a stick through a door, but the stick's too big. Not WTF-worthy, but funny in a different way."

--- Quote from: RokofAges75 on May 18, 2021, 04:42:07 PM ---I definitely have a part in my brain that can make a South Park reference for just about anything - and I consider The Book of Mormon (and Team America and everything else Matt and Trey have made) an extension of that part.  They're both random and prolific enough that you can connect almost anything to their work - it's like Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon.

--- End quote ---

I love that. Six Degrees of South Park! I'll bite. Orange.

RokofAges75:

--- Quote from: nicksgal on May 18, 2021, 08:01:54 PM ---I love that. Six Degrees of South Park! I'll bite. Orange.

--- End quote ---

Kenny's coat?  The color of Snookie's skin in the Jersey Shore episode?  Cartman putting together fruit baskets to "make, make it right" with people he's wronged?  https://youtu.be/xT_zt5tMv4g

nicksgal:

--- Quote from: RokofAges75 on May 18, 2021, 08:26:57 PM ---Kenny's coat?  The color of Snookie's skin in the Jersey Shore episode?  Cartman putting together fruit baskets to "make, make it right" with people he's wronged?  https://youtu.be/xT_zt5tMv4g

--- End quote ---

I've failed you. Orange was easy, lol.

Kevin Bacon.

nicksgal:
I feel like we need new writing questions, but I can't think of any...

RokofAges75:

--- Quote from: nicksgal on May 18, 2021, 09:23:30 PM ---I've failed you. Orange was easy, lol.

Kevin Bacon.

--- End quote ---

Hm, this one was harder because I don't think South Park has ever referenced him directly.  But in Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon fashion, I will say that Kevin Bacon was in the original Friday the 13th, and Jason was in the Imaginationlan d trilogy.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version