Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 15

Author Topic: Just a general pop in thread  (Read 15490 times)

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
Re: Just a general pop in thread
« Reply #150 on: July 11, 2024, 12:15:06 PM »

I've said for years that Jon Stewart should run for president with Stephen Colbert as his running mate LOL.  I would vote for them.  Jordan Klepper would be a great VP/debater as well; I love his interviews with Trumpers.

The sexual assault route makes sense, based on the way you described the situation.  I can understand you not wanting to write the actual act in detail, though.  It's fine to fade to black and let readers infer what happened.  The aftermath is more interesting anyway.  Hopefully you can figure out a way to wrap it up.

I was kind of intrigued by the idea of a MacGyver craniectomy LOL, but for Roman's sake, I'm glad he has been rescued and is under the care of medical professionals.  That does make sense to wrap it up and save the rest for a sequel if you want to.

I finished my chapter yesterday and am now trying to figure out how to start the next chapter before I leave for vacation tomorrow. I probably won't post another chapter until I get back, which will give me more time to build up my stash of buffer chapters.
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #151 on: July 12, 2024, 09:08:43 AM »

I think Jon Stewart would make an excellent candidate. He's exactly what we need, which is why he'd never run. No matter how nice or down to earth some of the Presidents seemed to be, you have to be an egomaniac of a certain level to run for office. At least that's my thought. In that aspect, I don't think he'd ever do it.

Good job finishing your chapter! Gotta love the buffer chapters! Will you still be writing while on vacation? Have a safe trip. I'm imagining you're driving there. Are you all traveling together or are you just meeting at Pigeon Forge?
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #152 on: July 12, 2024, 10:57:11 AM »

Yeah, I agree - he would never run.  It's a nice thought, though!

Thanks!  I will write enough to keep my streak alive, probably not much more than that, but we'll see.  We're staying in a giant cabin, and I will have my own room, so I may be able to get some late-night writing done if I can focus.  My parents and I are riding together, and my sister's family are driving separately.  Cincinnati is the halfway point for both of us, so I think we're gonna meet up there and caravan the rest of the way together.

Good luck with your writing this weekend!  I hope you get through your craniectomy part on Invisible Child if you haven't already and get some ideas for how to wrap up NDA.
~Julie

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #153 on: July 13, 2024, 06:24:49 AM »

Hope your drive wasn't that bad.

I got through the explanation and surgery chapter. It was a long one at almost 5,000 words but I think I did a decent job not overexplaining . We shall see. I'm going to open story number two today and see what happens.
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #154 on: July 13, 2024, 06:21:11 PM »

Thanks! It wasn't too bad. We made it! Now if I can just survive the week without wanting to kill my sister... 🙃

I'm glad you got through your chapter!  I'm sure you did a great job being detailed enough without overexplaining .  Did you have any luck with your other story today?
~Julie

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #155 on: July 14, 2024, 09:32:46 AM »

I hope having your own room helps with the killing sister urges! LOL

I actually did get about 4 pages written of my other story yesterday. It's most likely going to be a buffer chapter but at least it's something until I can really figure out where the heck I'm going with that one.

So...Trump. LOL

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #156 on: July 15, 2024, 10:23:09 PM »

Having my own room is a godsend! LOL  I am not getting much writing or reading done so far, though.  Just enough to keep my streak alive.  I'm glad you got 4 pages written yesterday!  That's a lot!

Trump... sigh.  So close!
~Julie

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #157 on: July 16, 2024, 04:50:55 AM »

Hope you're having a lovely holiday away with your family.

I just saw about Trump's attempted assassination last night as I was away in London on Sunday and Monday and can you believe had no signal on my phone for most of the time.  Me and my daughter went to a festival in Hyde Park in London on the weekend, I'd never been to a festival before, so it was fun but a lot of standing around in the sun.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #158 on: July 16, 2024, 08:58:04 AM »

A music festival, Steph? I've never been to one of those either. I can't see myself going to a concert where multiple people perform. I'm too picky with what I enjoy listening to. It sounds like a nice activity to do with your daughter though.

Hope the vacationing is going well and that the weather has been okay down there in TN. I've now made it to page 8 so hopefully by tomorrow I'll have it finished and ready to post on Thursday.

I hate how everyone keeps saying God saved Trump. As if God wants anything at all to do with that man. More like Satan didn't have his golden covered condo ready.

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #159 on: July 19, 2024, 05:45:18 AM »

I must admit I didn't know who most of the performers were at this festival lol, but it was something fun and different to do with my daughter. 

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #160 on: July 19, 2024, 09:10:43 AM »

As long as you had a good time. I was worth it! I don't know who half of these people are anymore. I feel so old! LOL

Carter-Orange

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #161 on: July 23, 2024, 08:35:25 AM »

As long as you had a good time. I was worth it! I don't know who half of these people are anymore. I feel so old! LOL

I hardly listen to the radio anymore, so have no idea who a lot of these singers are.  I feel like an old person saying that lol

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #162 on: July 23, 2024, 09:11:48 AM »

You are not alone! I had music on in the background yesterday and most of the songs sounded like the same person to me. I swear all the female singers sound just like Taylor Swift.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #163 on: July 23, 2024, 10:15:50 AM »

How was Pigeon Forge, Julie? Or are you still there?"

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #164 on: July 23, 2024, 10:18:31 PM »

I'm back!  Sorry I haven't been around much.  I got home Saturday afternoon, spent most of Sunday with a couple friends, and have spent the last two days trying to recover from ten straight days around other people LOL.  It's been nice to sleep in my own bed and spend some quality time cuddling my cats on the couch in front of the TV.

Pigeon Forge was fun overall.  We went to an exotic bird sanctuary called Parrot Mountain, where I got to pet and hold cockatoos and macaws and had a conversation with a cute green parrot that talked!  So cool!  We also went to the Titanic Museum, which I've been wanting to go to for years, and it was great!  It focused mostly on the ship, of course, but there was also a nice little exhibit about the movie, where they had the 11 Oscars on display as well as Rose's sinking dress and lifebelt, autographed by Kate Winslet, and the violin from the movie, autographed by the whole cast.  They also had Madeleine Astor's real lifebelt and a deck chair from the ship, which was really cool.  It took us two tries, but we also did Dollywood.  We first went there on Wednesday, arrived right as it opened, and went on one roller coaster, only to be told there had been a water main break, and they were shutting the park down an hour after it opened.  So we had to leave.  Luckily, we were able to go back on Friday, our last day, and spent the day there.  I rode almost all of the roller coasters and had a really good time.  Those were my three favorite things we did.  We also had plenty of relaxing downtime drinking moonshine on our back porch overlooking the Smoky Mountains.  So pretty!

I survived the week without wanting to kill my sister or any other member of my family, which was good.  The only bad part was finding a dead bedbug in my bed on our second morning there.  I'm generally not afraid of bugs, but after watching too many episodes of "Infested" on Animal Planet back in the day, a bedbug infestation is one of my biggest fears.  So you can imagine my horror at finding this thing and googling a picture of it to confirm my worst fear.  My sister, who booked the cabin, called the company, and they sent an exterminator out to basically confirm that, yes, there was evidence of bedbugs, but they couldn't do much about it while we were staying there because they have to heat the house to like 350 degrees to kill them.  They didn't have another open cabin that we could move to, so they gave us the option to either leave then and get our money back or stay and get a discount.  We didn't have anywhere else to go and weren't going to pack up and drive nine hours home two days into a week-long vacation, so we chose to stay and ended up getting 50% off what we paid for the cabin, which was a lot.  I didn't end up finding any more bedbugs, but my nephew found two live ones in his room over the course of the week, and my sister found one in her room on the last night.  So gross!  We bought a bunch of trash bags and Ziploc bags to bag all our stuff up before we went home - walked out of the grocery store looking like I was preparing to hide a dismembered body LOL.  I washed all my clothes and everything that could be washed twice in hot water and dried it on the highest heat settings.  My shoes are bagged up in my freezer for the next few days.  And everything else that couldn't be washed, heated, or frozen either got pitched or is bagged up in my detached garage for the next ten months, until any bedbugs or eggs should be dead for sure.  This includes my suitcase, Chromebook, and tablet, which doubles as my Kindle.  My Chromebook is 6 years old and probably on its last legs anyway, so I took advantage of Amazon Prime Days and ordered a new one of those so my writing won't be affected, since I do most of that on a Chromebook these days.  But, ugh, so stressful!

And what a chaotic week-and-a-half it's been in American politics!  I had mixed feelings over Biden's announcement, but now that it's sunk in, I'm actually really excited that Kamala will likely be the nominee, and it won't just be a repeat of the 2020 election.  I hope the Biden voters, black voters, Trump-haters, and WOMEN will unite around her!  The next few months are gonna be crazy, but it's exciting to think we'll have another opportunity to vote for the first female president in this country.

I'm glad you had a good time at the music festival, Steph, and glad to see you've been updating, Mare!  I had a good writing day today and feel like I'm finally getting back on track after just writing a little bit each day for the last week or so.  Will most likely update on Saturday.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2024, 10:22:10 PM by RokofAges75 »
~Julie

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 15