Fic Talk > Featured Story of the Month

Featured Story of the Month for October 2007 - Hawk and a Handsaw by Julilly

<< < (10/25) > >>

honey:

--- Quote from: mare on October 09, 2007, 06:12:57 PM ---My thoughts on chapter 4 part one lol

First of all, what another clever idea you had with the library of memories. You have quite the creative mind! And I love your descriptions in the first part of this chapter. I wish there really was a place to put all your bad memories. Hide them away from the world. Wouldn't that be awesome? And I was able to see the bright light when Flora opened the door.

I agree with Kelly, your portayal of a fun loving Nick is a welcome sight in what could be a very dark story but at the same time, I really think you did need a chapter like this one to describe his anguish at being dead.

Great job! And you do rock at dialogue!

:)

How did you come up with the idea for the library of memories?

--- End quote ---

I gotta stop reading your posts, or I gotta get a chapter ahead of you or something!!!

mare:
lmao sorry! I just feel like it makes more sense to discuss it here then leave reviews on AC.

We need spoiler boxes in here. lol

julilly:

--- Quote from: mare on October 09, 2007, 06:12:57 PM ---How did you come up with the idea for the library of memories?

--- End quote ---

It took me a while to be honest lol I knew that I wanted Nick to be drawing a blank when it came to everything that happened. I like to think that people who die in a bad way won't have to remember it even in the afterlife if there is such a thing, because such terrible things happen to people. So then my challenge was deciding if he should get the memories back, and how. So then I thought 'what if there was a place where they took all the bad memories for safe keeping, and if you could then get them back if you really wanted them?' and the library was born.

mare:
What a great idea! lol you is a genius! :)

Teri:

--- Quote from: julilly on October 09, 2007, 05:24:47 PM ---Thanks, I'm glad you like it. As for the title the question was part of Mare's initial questionnare but I certainly don't mind retelling!! :)

It's part of a quote from Hamlet. "I am but mad north-north-west: when the wind is southerly I know a hawk from a handsaw." What it's saying is that sometimes although he may seem crazy, he isn't, and that's how I went into this thinking of Brian. If he told anyone what was going on they would all think he was crazy even though he was telling the truth.

--- End quote ---

Oh lol I should have totally recognized that Hamlet's my favorite play! And that's awesome, I like when stories have that complexity to them

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version