Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: I feel the need to kick myself right now...  (Read 7838 times)

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Being Jamie Baker Website
I feel the need to kick myself right now...
« on: October 15, 2007, 04:50:35 PM »

I clicked on Welcome To My Heart for some odd reason last week that I can't remember now, and noticed that somehow all my chapters are lumped together in big long paragraphs. I almost had a heart attack and it bugged me all week knowing that I had a story posted in such a condition. I don't know how it happened either, because the origional story isn't like that. Anyhoo, it was driving me crazy so I have been reading it again as I seperate the paragraphs (which sucks cause there's like a hundred chapters) and I really just want to kick myself. 

Seriously, even though I always think I'm editing my work, the typos are crazy and the writing makes me cringe and I just want to rewrite everything that I read. (But of course I'm way to lazy to actually do that.) But now I can't help but wonder if all of my stuff is like that and it just hasn't been long enough since I put it down to see the difference. Does anyone else ever feel like that?

oh, and PS... If you've read Welcome To My Heart, I apologize. I swear I know how to seperate paragraphs!!!
If Ryan looked at me the wrong way, I lost it. If Ryan looked at me the right way, I lost it. And whenever he tried to kiss me, something usually blew up. Someone ought to teach him a little control.

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Fool, said my Muse, look in thy heart and write
    • Could You Do Me Right?
Re: I feel the need to kick myself right now...
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2007, 05:12:51 PM »

I think it's that way when you look back on all your older writing. If you're cringing, it means you're improving, and that's a good thing. :)
~*Dee*~

People think it would be fun to be a bird because you could fly. But they forget the negative side, which is the preening.

From "And Now, Deep Thoughts" by Jack Handey

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2007, 05:25:53 PM »

We are our own worst critics and I am convinced that AC had a gnome that likes to play with our stories from time to time. I call him Norbert.
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2007, 05:27:25 PM »

well then I'm definitely laming Norbert for the lack of paragraphs. I'm on like Chapter 30 now... only 65 to go before I don't look like some teenybopper moron!
If Ryan looked at me the wrong way, I lost it. If Ryan looked at me the right way, I lost it. And whenever he tried to kiss me, something usually blew up. Someone ought to teach him a little control.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2007, 05:28:29 PM »

lmao lame norbert all you want! hehe

I wonder why that happened? weirdness
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2007, 05:30:08 PM »

yeah, me too. Its really annoying too. At first I was just going to leave it, but I seriously thought about it all week. I mean, I won't read a story if it looks like that. So yeah, I had to go back and fix it.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2007, 05:37:55 PM »

You know this isn't funny but it is kind of. Because you complain all the time about the paragraph thing and I can see a newbie after reading your rants on that, go to click on your story and there you have everything in one big paragraph lmao

*ducks*

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2007, 05:38:47 PM »

tell me about it!!! You should have seen my mouth drop when I saw it! I was like, "This can't be MY story!!!"

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2007, 05:39:29 PM »

LOL I bet. I'm almost afriad to click on some of mine now. In fact i'm not going to at all.

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2007, 05:44:12 PM »

yeah, it's better being in the dark. Otherwise you might feel obligated to fix it and then its really hard not to want to rewrite it. And since I'm not going to do that I will just go nuts thinking about how badly that story needs to be re-written.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2007, 05:46:31 PM »

aww

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2007, 05:49:55 PM »

You know this isn't funny but it is kind of. Because you complain all the time about the paragraph thing and I can see a newbie after reading your rants on that, go to click on your story and there you have everything in one big paragraph lmao

*ducks*

that's at least better than being called a hypocrite for someone else's rants. lol That was really cool. At least this time I deserve it.

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2007, 05:51:43 PM »

Well, sometimes it's better to let sleeping fan fics lie. :D
~*Dee*~

People think it would be fun to be a bird because you could fly. But they forget the negative side, which is the preening.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2007, 05:54:04 PM »

that's at least better than being called a hypocrite for someone else's rants. lol That was really cool. At least this time I deserve it.

lmao ahh the memories.

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2007, 05:57:12 PM »

LMAO!

Mare, are we having a Lifetime Channel moment?
~*Dee*~

Pages: [1] 2 3