Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: I'm Following Kelly's Example...  (Read 10878 times)

starbeamz

• Chief of Disorder
I'm Following Kelly's Example...
« on: November 18, 2007, 11:32:24 PM »

...and posting all my updates from here on out in this one thread. There's a bunch of stories that I need to update, and I felt like I was being super selfish with all of my threads on the shameless plugs board. Anyway, from here on out, I'll post my updates here. ;D

The following will be updated eventually LOL

-Going Home
-Hensley
-Battles Fought, Battles Won
-Happily Ever After: A Companion to Once Upon a Time
-5 Backstreet Boys Stuck in the Fairytales

and...

my new one! I've been working on the idea for this story for quite some time (since February, actually), and finally, because PTW is done, I started this one! I guess I just always need one Nick story at all times to work on LOL

-Someday We'll Know: I just posted the first chapter, but, basically, it's a fast-forward in Nick's life to when he's 49 years old, and he has to deal with his 21 year old daughter and her sneaky schemes to get him back together with her mother, even though they hate each other. If you've ever heard the lyrics to Mandy Moore and Jonathan from Switchfoot's song, "Someday We'll Know," then you can sort of figure out the story. I LOVE the song, and that's where the inspiration comes from ;D

Anyway, that's all for now, folks!
« Last Edit: January 04, 2008, 10:08:30 PM by starbeamz2 »
Sarah

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Being Jamie Baker Website
Re: I'm Following Kelly's Example...
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2007, 08:32:20 PM »

aww, Yay! I can't wait till I have some time to read it! I miss you! lol. I'll be home on Sunday! and I noticed you changed your avatar! hehe. You little Nick lover you!
If Ryan looked at me the wrong way, I lost it. If Ryan looked at me the right way, I lost it. And whenever he tried to kiss me, something usually blew up. Someone ought to teach him a little control.

starbeamz

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2007, 09:04:22 PM »

aww, Yay! I can't wait till I have some time to read it! I miss you! lol. I'll be home on Sunday! and I noticed you changed your avatar! hehe. You little Nick lover you!

Kelly!!! *squeezes you* I hope you're having a fabulous break! And shhhh! no one's supposed to know about that LOL Besides, you're one to talk *winks*
Sarah

starbeamz

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2007, 11:43:45 PM »

So, Happy Thanksgiving to whoever celebrates it! And, I updated "Someday We'll Know"! So far, it's going according to plan. It's pretty fun to write Nick as a nearly fifty year old man LOL I get to use a lot of the old people jokes that I've said to my parents in the past ;) Anyway, enjoy!
Sarah

starbeamz

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2007, 12:36:34 AM »

Wheee! Yet another update to Someday We'll Know! Maybe I'll get lucky and be able to write it all up without breaking to write other stories LOL That would be really nice
Sarah

starbeamz

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2007, 07:48:23 PM »

Aaaand, there's been another update to Someday We'll Know! I hate to stop the roll I'm on, but I doubt there will be another update from me for at least two weeks because I really, really need to write this 20 page paper :( So, yeah. Okay, gotta go write another paper LOL
Sarah

starbeamz

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2007, 02:08:08 PM »

Yay! I broke away from the 20-page paper I'm trying to write by Friday, and I decided I needed to write the next chapter of Someday We'll Know.  And I did, so the next chapter has been posted! Whoo!
Sarah

starbeamz

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2007, 01:50:39 PM »

Okay, so this isn't really an update or anything, but more of moment for me to do a HAPPY DANCE!!!!

I AM DONE!!!!! WHOOO!!!

Explanation: I have had to write nearly forty pages of paper in these past two weeks, and it felt like they were eating my sanity. I think they may have. Anyway, I just went and handed in the last of the papers (just one short one left before the end of the semester and it'll be a piece of cake so I don't care about it much) the BIG 20 page one that had taken over my life. Seriously, I dreamed about writing it for the last two nights. It was bad, and now, it's over!!!

YAY!!!! *throws confetti*
Sarah

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2007, 02:49:38 PM »

*wishes she had some of Mare's awesome smilies to do a little happy dance for you!*  Yay!!!
If Ryan looked at me the wrong way, I lost it. If Ryan looked at me the right way, I lost it. And whenever he tried to kiss me, something usually blew up. Someone ought to teach him a little control.

starbeamz

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2007, 04:00:47 PM »

aww, thanks Kelly! You know what this means, don't you?

I can finally write more Shadows and actually talk to you again!!! WHEEE! I've MISSED you (even though we just talked three days ago...but still.)

Yay!
Sarah

starbeamz

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2007, 12:25:55 AM »

So, if you can believe it, I still have yet to take a single creative writing class.  I figured it might be a good idea if I did, but, unfortunately, my college has an extreme limit to the number of students allowed in a creative writing class...15! To be considered, I have to submit a sample short story. I didn't realize how hard it would be to write a short, non-Backstreet story LOL but I did it. If anyone has the time, and wants to help me out, if you could read it and let me know what you think, I will love you forever!

Here's the link to "Stormy Night":
http://www.absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=8737
Sarah

starbeamz

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2007, 01:29:42 AM »

So I really shouldn't start another story when I have so many others already started, but, whatever, they'll all get finished sooner or later...right? LOL

I played around with this idea this past summer, then decided not to do it. Now, for whatever reason, I decided it was a story I wanted to tell.  I've always wondered about the variety of reasons why couples get divorced. I mean, they can't always be a matter of she/he cheated or something dramatic like that, right? Most times, it's much simpler and much more complex than that. Granted, I've never been married, but I think it's interesting to look at the less dramatic but more complex reasons for divorce...

So...I started "Adrift": http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=8744
Let me know what you think!
Sarah

starbeamz

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2007, 03:11:37 AM »

Wow, I'm on an update roll this week. There's been another Someday We'll Know update! Chapter 6 is up...
Sarah

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2007, 05:07:02 PM »

awww yay! sadly, I haven't written hardly anything this week. I think the Christmas challenge and that's it.

oh, and my horribly awful busy day is turning out to be not as bad as I expected, so Yay!

*skips off to read your december challenge* ...finally

starbeamz

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2007, 12:18:27 PM »

the unofficial, self-appointed princess of shameless plugs has another one LOL Someday We'll Know has been updated! Suh-weet! I'm halfway through the story, and I can't wait because I've got like 10 stories backed up because of this one LOL
Sarah
Pages: [1] 2 3 4