Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Featured Story of the month for January 2008 - Just Another Day by Rose  (Read 14211 times)

Teri

• Minion of Mayhem
  • *giggles*
    • Drifting-In-Between-Dreams A Place to Lose Reality if Only for a Moment
Re: Featured Story of the month for January 2008 - Just Another Day by Rose
« Reply #30 on: January 15, 2008, 01:41:14 PM »

So rose I finally got around to reading JAD, and I'm glad I finally did. I love your work I'm gonna start reading the other stories you have up now hehe.
Spike: "Hey big guy I'm going to need some new wheels the other one ended up in the...drink..."
Angel: "Spike.... just walk away"
Spike: "You're a..."
Angel: "Don't say it!"
Spike: "You're a bleeding puppet!"

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #31 on: January 15, 2008, 01:52:00 PM »

So rose I finally got around to reading JAD, and I'm glad I finally did. I love your work I'm gonna start reading the other stories you have up now hehe.

awww yay, thank you! :-[ :D ;D
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #32 on: January 15, 2008, 05:55:12 PM »

:) yay for the Rose love
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

Nijntje

• Minion of Mayhem
  • Some love is not really love at all..
« Reply #33 on: January 16, 2008, 06:41:57 AM »

While I was standing in the shower this morning, I remembered my question!!

How did you come up with the idea of the painting they at the end use for the album cover? (How it looks, I mean)
Not every dream is supposed to come true
Some words are best unsaid
Some love is not really love at all
I keep everything I shared with you
And that's enough.. there's us..

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #34 on: January 16, 2008, 02:34:01 PM »

While I was standing in the shower this morning, I remembered my question!!

How did you come up with the idea of the painting they at the end use for the album cover? (How it looks, I mean)

I actually am not all that sure. It's first mention comes when Nick sees it in her bedroom, and I was thinking of using it as a way to describe both her and Nick through that in a way. Both were depressed and frustrated with their lives, controlled by someone to a point, hence the spirit in the painting trying to  possess the figure. But something changes, or they think something will, which is why that ray of light is there, a small beam of hope. I was just putting their situation into another metaphor through the painting. It kinda just came to me. And "Haunted" (the name of the album) came through a Kelly Clarkson song that came on, and it fit, cause I already knew from that first mention that'd be the cover. Because to me, it's Cally's huge step forward into controlling her own life.

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #35 on: January 16, 2008, 02:35:47 PM »

:) yay for the Rose love

I know, I feel "special so so special" lol. Very spiffy hearing all this.  :-[ :D

Nijntje

• Minion of Mayhem
« Reply #36 on: January 16, 2008, 03:12:26 PM »

Nice! I thought that might be it, but still, to come up with such a vivid description.. For that you deserve a cookie ;D

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #37 on: January 16, 2008, 03:22:04 PM »

Awww yay a cookie!

MellzBellz

• Commander of Confusion
« Reply #38 on: January 16, 2008, 06:16:00 PM »

So it totally just hit me that I never left you a formal congratulation s on this thread. I'm REALLY sorry about that!  :-[

Anyway hmmm... What can I say about JAD? I must admit that I was really pleasently surprised by it. My expectations for it were not very high at first because based on first glance it seems like a typical romance. But once I started reading and heard the distinctive voices of both Cally and Nick I changed my mind. It's so hard as an author to give characters such distinct personalities and tones, but you do it fabulously.

It's been a while since I've read JAD and I need to catch up on G&G so I'm a lil rusy on specifics right now, but its refreshing to see Nick in a relationship with Cally cuz she's SO opposite of the Tracy's and the London's of the world. (Which by the way whenever I hear London Mifftin I think of London Tipton from The Suite Life of Zack and Cody lol) I see so much potential in Cally for G&G and lots of issues that you can delve into with her and Nick's relationship so I'm excited to see where you go with it. Cally is a very interesting character in the fact that she's SO normal all of a sudden living in a world that is so crazy. And yea moving in w/ your brand new b/f so early on in the relationship is bound to cause lots of awkward moments. I love it!

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #39 on: January 16, 2008, 06:32:23 PM »

So it totally just hit me that I never left you a formal congratulation s on this thread. I'm REALLY sorry about that!  :-[

Anyway hmmm... What can I say about JAD? I must admit that I was really pleasently surprised by it. My expectations for it were not very high at first because based on first glance it seems like a typical romance. But once I started reading and heard the distinctive voices of both Cally and Nick I changed my mind. It's so hard as an author to give characters such distinct personalities and tones, but you do it fabulously.

It's been a while since I've read JAD and I need to catch up on G&G so I'm a lil rusy on specifics right now, but its refreshing to see Nick in a relationship with Cally cuz she's SO opposite of the Tracy's and the London's of the world. (Which by the way whenever I hear London Mifftin I think of London Tipton from The Suite Life of Zack and Cody lol) I see so much potential in Cally for G&G and lots of issues that you can delve into with her and Nick's relationship so I'm excited to see where you go with it. Cally is a very interesting character in the fact that she's SO normal all of a sudden living in a world that is so crazy. And yea moving in w/ your brand new b/f so early on in the relationship is bound to cause lots of awkward moments. I love it!

Well you told me in an IM so that was fine lol. But thankies all the same hehe. I have to admit the biggest challenge of this story was to have the voices be very distinct from each other, especially bouncing back and forth between the two. And with G&G yes, the obsticle is this normal average girl thrown into this world that's so "perfect and fabulous" because she wants to be with Nick. I've been looking forward to what will be delved into with that one :)

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #40 on: January 21, 2008, 09:55:44 AM »

Yay since I see you online Rose, I'll bother you some more with questions lol

Of course once I actually think of these questions you'll probably be offline but hey, at least they'll be waiting for you :)

I know that currently you are working on the sequel to this story, what made you decide to write Glitz and Glamour and do you think there will be a part three?

How different do you think the story would have turned out if you had made the BSB the actual BSB? Or do you think it would have ended up going in the same direction?

If you decided not to write a sequel to this one, how would you have ended it?

:) lol
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

Nijntje

• Minion of Mayhem
« Reply #41 on: January 21, 2008, 10:44:37 AM »

And here's another question from me!

Have you ever thought of deleting the whole thing? If so, why? And why did you decide against it?

Did you already have an outline for the sequel or did you go and think: "you know what, I'm gonna write a sequel and I'll see where it takes me!"

Oh, and I have a question about the sequel title.. Now I know it's official the JAD-thread, but still.. I gotta knowwwwwwwwwww www! How did you come up with the title? Especially the 'glitz' instead of 'glitter'. (Now, this might seem to be a dumb question if you live in the US, I dunno.. but to me, it really is a big question.. lol)

And about JAD. (Which by the way, is NOT a cheesy song lol. I have it on my iPod!) Have the characters ever 'decided' on doing something that you hadn't planned for them?

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #42 on: January 21, 2008, 03:10:56 PM »

I know that currently you are working on the sequel to this story, what made you decide to write Glitz and Glamour and do you think there will be a part three?

Originally, I wasn't going to, it was supposed to be one fic, but then I realized it turns into a completely different story around the place where I ended it. And because to me it is, I decided to cut the first one off there and tell the second story, and yes there is a part three :)

How different do you think the story would have turned out if you had made the BSB the actual BSB? Or do you think it would have ended up going in the same direction? I don't think it would have worked as well. Because to keep Cally Cally, she would have recognized Brian immediately and it would have changed the entire story.

If you decided not to write a sequel to this one, how would you have ended it? It would have been a lot longer to tie up every single end I wanted to lol.

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #43 on: January 21, 2008, 03:15:22 PM »

Have you ever thought of deleting the whole thing? If so, why? And why did you decide against it?
Quitting? Sure, deleting? No cause still enjoyed what I wrote and wanted to share. I have old stuff from 03 up, so why delete this? lol.

Did you already have an outline for the sequel or did you go and think: "you know what, I'm gonna write a sequel and I'll see where it takes me!" I'm not big on outlines, but about halfway through I decided it needed a separate story and not a long continuation.

Oh, and I have a question about the sequel title.. Now I know it's official the JAD-thread, but still.. I gotta knowwwwwwwwwww www! How did you come up with the title? Especially the 'glitz' instead of 'glitter'. (Now, this might seem to be a dumb question if you live in the US, I dunno.. but to me, it really is a big question.. lol) People call hollywood a world of glitz and glamour, and thats really what this story is focusing on, which is why that became the title :)

And about JAD. (Which by the way, is NOT a cheesy song lol. I have it on my iPod!) Have the characters ever 'decided' on doing something that you hadn't planned for them?lol it's cheesy but I like cheesy. And yes they have, Nick was supposed to kiss Cally far sooner than he did, he just kept putting it off, the brat. :)

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #44 on: January 26, 2008, 02:56:30 PM »

Wow! I can't believe we are already entering the last week of January.

Are there anymore questions for Rose? Or Rose is there anything else you can tell us about your stories? Something you would like your readers to know? A sneak peak of the third story perhaps?

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4