Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Featured Story of the month for January 2008 - Just Another Day by Rose  (Read 14210 times)

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster

Howdy and Happy New Year everyone! 2008 already...jeez louise!

Our very first featured story for the new year is Just Another Day by Rose. I know this is a favorite of a lot of you and the one that Rose mentioned as the one she'd like to discuss as well... so here we are.

I hope you guys enjoy and as always feel free to pop in here and ask Rose questions. I have a feeling she'll be more than happy to answer any question you have.

I will be in and out asking random Oprah type questions myself. lol

Here is the link to the story:

http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=8180

:)
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
Re: Featured Story of the month for January 2008 - Just Another Day by Rose
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2008, 08:17:38 AM »

1) Tell us one thing about your story that no one else knows?

2) How long did it take you to write this entire story?

3) Give us a summary different from the one you have posted on AC, with a few more spoilers to make people tune in.

4) If you could cast this story as a movie who would play the main roles and why?

5) Have you ever thought of giving up on the story and if you did what made you continue to work on it?

6) What was your writing process? (Outline, make it up as you go along, the characters wrote it, I am Tonja and plagerized lol)

7) Who was your favorite character in this story and why?

8 ) You had to know this was coming, who was your least favorite?

9) Are all the boys in this one? If not why did you choose to exclude them?

10) If we like this story...then we'd love what story? (Could be by you or someone else) and obviously tell us why lol

Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Being Jamie Baker Website
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2008, 11:13:43 AM »

Yay Rosie Posie!!!!   I was all giddy when I saw this one! First of all It was the first one to be featured that I've already read so I can just sit back and discuss!!! (And since I don't have a reading assignment now, maybe I should read "Glitz and Glamour"  ;))  <-- that's the sequel in case people are wondering..

And mostly I was excited cause I love this story and I love Rose's writing and especially her "Nick".  Seriously. People, read this one it's fantastic!   YAY Rose!!!
If Ryan looked at me the wrong way, I lost it. If Ryan looked at me the right way, I lost it. And whenever he tried to kiss me, something usually blew up. Someone ought to teach him a little control.

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2008, 11:23:54 AM »

haha. I must sound like I say that a lot cause I've really enjoyed more than half of the featured fics this year. But honestly I'm pretty picky about what I read, Mare's just been good at picking awesome fics.

Congrats again Rose, you deserve it! Everyone read Just Another Day! I mean it! It's super cute and Nick is just funny. Oh, and so is AJ. AJ was fantastic in this as well. Well they were all fantastic in this, but Nick and AJ cracked me up!
If Ryan looked at me the wrong way, I lost it. If Ryan looked at me the right way, I lost it. And whenever he tried to kiss me, something usually blew up. Someone ought to teach him a little control.

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2008, 11:49:38 AM »

Yay, congrats Rose!!!
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2008, 12:16:20 PM »

Congrats Rose! I'll have to check this one out for sure!
~Maple Jellybean~

What's the difference between ignorance and apathy? ... I don't know, and I don't care.

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Fool, said my Muse, look in thy heart and write
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2008, 01:27:12 PM »

Congratulations Rose. *hug*
~*Dee*~

People think it would be fun to be a bird because you could fly. But they forget the negative side, which is the preening.

From "And Now, Deep Thoughts" by Jack Handey

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2008, 01:04:15 AM »

Wow....did so not expect this. But it made me giddy. hehe so yay and thankies!

And Kelly I love you lol, you've supported the hell out of this story, but yes, sequel! Read! Lord I need to work on an update for that  :P
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2008, 01:20:08 AM »

1) Tell us one thing about your story that no one else knows?
Um....that no one else knows? Probably the fact that it was supposed to originally be in solely Cally's point of view, but I'd been itching to try my hand at being Nick, so I threw him in.

2) How long did it take you to write this entire story?
Yeesh *goes to look* only seven months, quickest one I ever wrote, it flowed scarily well actually.

3) Give us a summary different from the one you have posted on AC, with a few more spoilers to make people tune in.

Oh lord... um....

Meet Calypso Lynn Rayne, odd name but very normal girl, who never could manage to stand out in any crowd, living a life she herself is bored with. She wants change, yet never tries to do so. Always feeling invisible to those around her. Meet Nickolas Gene Carter, lead singer of rock group Flames of Ice, known by everyone. He lives a life of fame and fortune yet feels likes all of it is nothing, that no one can really see him.

Watch as two people from opposite worlds collide in ways no one could have ever predicted.

4) If you could cast this story as a movie who would play the main roles and why?

Well for Cally I always had Melissa Joan Hart in mind, she has that normal look I always pictured, all it'd take is a bit of a weight gain and glasses really. Or someone along that line. I'd want her to look normal, but still pretty in her unique way. I don't want omg stunning looks, it goes against the nature of the story itself.

For Nick? Gah, possibly Shane West. He could pull off the whole rockstar thing pretty well.

5) Have you ever thought of giving up on the story and if you did what made you continue to work on it?

Yes! Lord I hit I think chapter 15 and just got frustrated and wanted to throw it out the window lol. I took a small break, worked on say 00Carter, and then looked at it again, reread it, which helped renew my love for writing that one.

6) What was your writing process? (Outline, make it up as you go along, the characters wrote it, I am Tonja and plagerized lol)

I'm Tinja! Tonja's twin! lol.

I don't do major outlining (except 00Carter but hello major collab so yeah...anywho). I had my character bios, and my major ideas for the story with an idea of where and when, but the rest is in my head. I just had a mental image for how it'd all go.

7) Who was your favorite character in this story and why?

Honestly it's Nick. He's so random and just quirky, and I just adored getting in his head. Which is funny cause I thought Cally would be easier but it was Nick who was easier to write.

8 ) You had to know this was coming, who was your least favorite?
Sadly Brian, I love the boy, really. He's just so cute. But he's hard to write as a character and my struggle to write the most.

9) Are all the boys in this one? If not why did you choose to exclude them?
They make appearances, but the ones in it the most were AJ, Brian, and Nick. But I tried to at least have them in it a tiny bit.

10) If we like this story...then we'd love what story? (Could be by you or someone else) and obviously tell us why lol

Um, either the sequel, Glitz and Glamour, cause it's the sequel, but a separate story in its own right. Or....If We Were a Movie by Kelly. Just Another Day is a little fluffy and Kelly's is fluffy but it's good fluff, fun fluff with comical and a cute story to tell.

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2008, 02:08:43 AM »

aww. Rose, you like my Brian fluff!! Yay!  :-* :-* :-* 

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2008, 03:41:58 AM »

Aww yes I love your Brian fluff. Wuv it :D

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2008, 07:34:06 AM »

Hey Rose,

Here are a few questions for you

Where did you come up with the name Calypso for your character and how much, if any, of yourself did you put into her?

What made you decide to make Nick her love interest?

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2008, 11:31:32 AM »

I have a question too!  ;D How come after choosing to make the guys still be famous musicians, you decided to make them not the Backstreet Boys? I think you told me that once, but I can't remember.

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2008, 02:59:34 AM »

Hey Rose,

Here are a few questions for you

Where did you come up with the name Calypso for your character and how much, if any, of yourself did you put into her?

What made you decide to make Nick her love interest?

I love unique names, and since I wanted her to be average to the point of unnoticed, I wanted something to contrast that. So I picked Calypso cause I could shorten it to a normal sounding nickname. She has some of me, like a few of the same interests, and naturally all writers put a little of themselves in the characters. But it's not a lot.

I had her be with Nick cause honestly Nick and AJ have the worst romance history, and its always the same kind of girl. Nick is my fave though so I picked him, I honestly feel Nick needs a normal girl in real life, I think he'd be happier.

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2008, 03:02:40 AM »

I have a question too!  ;D How come after choosing to make the guys still be famous musicians, you decided to make them not the Backstreet Boys? I think you told me that once, but I can't remember.

Well there's two reasons, because it originally started as original fiction, so they were a rock group. And the other reason is I wanted to make them something Cally wouldn't recognize instantly. I feel any girl of the 90's even if they hated boybands, would recognize say Nick Lachey or JC Chasez, etc. I love Linkin Park, but if I ran into say Chester Bennington, I'd never have realized it was him till later. So I made them a different group to keep the integrity and believability of the story intact.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4