Fic Talk > Featured Story of the Month

Featured Story of the month for January 2008 - Just Another Day by Rose

<< < (7/11) > >>

Teri:
So rose I finally got around to reading JAD, and I'm glad I finally did. I love your work I'm gonna start reading the other stories you have up now hehe.

Rose:

--- Quote from: Teri on January 15, 2008, 01:41:14 PM ---So rose I finally got around to reading JAD, and I'm glad I finally did. I love your work I'm gonna start reading the other stories you have up now hehe.

--- End quote ---

awww yay, thank you! :-[ :D ;D

mare:
:) yay for the Rose love

Nijntje:
While I was standing in the shower this morning, I remembered my question!!

How did you come up with the idea of the painting they at the end use for the album cover? (How it looks, I mean)

Rose:

--- Quote from: Nijntje on January 16, 2008, 06:41:57 AM ---While I was standing in the shower this morning, I remembered my question!!

How did you come up with the idea of the painting they at the end use for the album cover? (How it looks, I mean)

--- End quote ---

I actually am not all that sure. It's first mention comes when Nick sees it in her bedroom, and I was thinking of using it as a way to describe both her and Nick through that in a way. Both were depressed and frustrated with their lives, controlled by someone to a point, hence the spirit in the painting trying to  possess the figure. But something changes, or they think something will, which is why that ray of light is there, a small beam of hope. I was just putting their situation into another metaphor through the painting. It kinda just came to me. And "Haunted" (the name of the album) came through a Kelly Clarkson song that came on, and it fit, cause I already knew from that first mention that'd be the cover. Because to me, it's Cally's huge step forward into controlling her own life.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version