Fic Talk > Featured Story of the Month

Featured Story of the month for January 2008 - Just Another Day by Rose

<< < (8/11) > >>

Rose:

--- Quote from: mare on January 15, 2008, 05:55:12 PM ---:) yay for the Rose love

--- End quote ---

I know, I feel "special so so special" lol. Very spiffy hearing all this.  :-[ :D

Nijntje:
Nice! I thought that might be it, but still, to come up with such a vivid description.. For that you deserve a cookie ;D

Rose:
Awww yay a cookie!

MellzBellz:
So it totally just hit me that I never left you a formal congratulation s on this thread. I'm REALLY sorry about that!  :-[

Anyway hmmm... What can I say about JAD? I must admit that I was really pleasently surprised by it. My expectations for it were not very high at first because based on first glance it seems like a typical romance. But once I started reading and heard the distinctive voices of both Cally and Nick I changed my mind. It's so hard as an author to give characters such distinct personalities and tones, but you do it fabulously.

It's been a while since I've read JAD and I need to catch up on G&G so I'm a lil rusy on specifics right now, but its refreshing to see Nick in a relationship with Cally cuz she's SO opposite of the Tracy's and the London's of the world. (Which by the way whenever I hear London Mifftin I think of London Tipton from The Suite Life of Zack and Cody lol) I see so much potential in Cally for G&G and lots of issues that you can delve into with her and Nick's relationship so I'm excited to see where you go with it. Cally is a very interesting character in the fact that she's SO normal all of a sudden living in a world that is so crazy. And yea moving in w/ your brand new b/f so early on in the relationship is bound to cause lots of awkward moments. I love it!

Rose:

--- Quote from: MellzBellz on January 16, 2008, 06:16:00 PM ---So it totally just hit me that I never left you a formal congratulation s on this thread. I'm REALLY sorry about that!  :-[

Anyway hmmm... What can I say about JAD? I must admit that I was really pleasently surprised by it. My expectations for it were not very high at first because based on first glance it seems like a typical romance. But once I started reading and heard the distinctive voices of both Cally and Nick I changed my mind. It's so hard as an author to give characters such distinct personalities and tones, but you do it fabulously.

It's been a while since I've read JAD and I need to catch up on G&G so I'm a lil rusy on specifics right now, but its refreshing to see Nick in a relationship with Cally cuz she's SO opposite of the Tracy's and the London's of the world. (Which by the way whenever I hear London Mifftin I think of London Tipton from The Suite Life of Zack and Cody lol) I see so much potential in Cally for G&G and lots of issues that you can delve into with her and Nick's relationship so I'm excited to see where you go with it. Cally is a very interesting character in the fact that she's SO normal all of a sudden living in a world that is so crazy. And yea moving in w/ your brand new b/f so early on in the relationship is bound to cause lots of awkward moments. I love it!

--- End quote ---

Well you told me in an IM so that was fine lol. But thankies all the same hehe. I have to admit the biggest challenge of this story was to have the voices be very distinct from each other, especially bouncing back and forth between the two. And with G&G yes, the obsticle is this normal average girl thrown into this world that's so "perfect and fabulous" because she wants to be with Nick. I've been looking forward to what will be delved into with that one :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version