Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10

Author Topic: What if a BSB went to the temple?  (Read 28166 times)

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
Re: What if a BSB went to the temple?
« Reply #60 on: January 05, 2008, 11:27:23 PM »

I dunno what people YOU've been meeting *is extremely bewildered*, but that sucks that you got that impression from people. Personally, I don't think Mormons are horrible people, I just don't have the same beliefs you do. That doesn't mean you're horrible. And only God knows who's going to heaven and who's going to hell, lol. *shrugs* My 2 cents.

My best friend is Catholic and lives in Tennessee (Bible Belt, y'all), and she's had bad experiences with Baptists too.  I certainly don't think all Baptists are judgmental though; it just takes a few of the close-minded fanatical ones to ruin it for everyone else.  And in their defense, Catholics can be pretty jugmental too.  Christianity in general is full of hypocrites.  (Maybe there's some in all religions like that, but it's the crazy Christians I notice most here.)
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

A-RokzStalker

• Commander of Confusion
« Reply #61 on: January 05, 2008, 11:27:30 PM »

LOL There would be the peaceful ones that accept anyone, the ones who think BSB can do no wrong and don't tolerate anyone making fun of them, the ones who scorn BSB but are still fans for whatever reason, and so on...

Then, each Boy would have his own set of followers as well. I wonder if those could overlap? :P

There you go! I love it! :D
~ Amy.

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Fool, said my Muse, look in thy heart and write
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #62 on: January 05, 2008, 11:28:15 PM »

LMAO. What would the doctorine for a BSB religion be? ;)

By the way, I took that quiz Julie, it says...

1.  Neo-Pagan (100%)  
2.  Unitarian Universalism (100%)  
3.  Mahayana Buddhism (92%)  
4.  Liberal Quakers (86%)  
5.  New Age (85%)  
6.  Reform Judaism (79%)  
7.  Hinduism (77%)  
8.  Jainism (72%)  
9.  New Thought (70%)  
10.  Mainline to Liberal Christian Protestants (69%)  
11.  Sikhism (69%)  
12.  Theravada Buddhism (67%)  
13.  Scientology (63%)  
14.  Orthodox Judaism (61%)  
15.  Bahá'í Faith (58%)  
16.  Secular Humanism (58%)  
17.  Orthodox Quaker (55%)  
18.  Taoism (55%)  
19.  Islam (52%)  
20.  Christian Science (Church of Christ, Scientist) (46%)  
21.  Nontheist (36%)  
22.  Mainline to Conservative Christian/Protestant (34%)  
23.  Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints (Mormons) (33%)  
24.  Seventh Day Adventist (31%)  
25.  Jehovah's Witness (23%)  
26.  Eastern Orthodox (22%)  
27.  Roman Catholic (22%)  

What's Neo-Pagan and Unitarian Universalism? ???
~*Dee*~

People think it would be fun to be a bird because you could fly. But they forget the negative side, which is the preening.

From "And Now, Deep Thoughts" by Jack Handey

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #63 on: January 05, 2008, 11:28:37 PM »

lol ok, I don't ever go to LD how about if AC were it's own religion. haha I like everyone here.

Um, yeah, I don't think we should let the LD crowd in on that Bsb religion LOL.  People who are LDers AND ACers are okay, cause the horrid ones aren't on here.
~Julie

starbeamz

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #64 on: January 05, 2008, 11:29:31 PM »

Personally, I think Muslims have it worse off. I'd rather people assume my husband has more than one wife (which he doesn't  :D) rather than have them think I'm going to blow up their plane if I get on it.

No offense to anyone else's religion, but I do agree with this, Kelly. I think that's part of the reason why I don't wear the headscarf - i'd rather disobey my own religion than deal with all the looks, the questions, and the extra security checks at the airport. Maybe that makes me a bad Muslim, but hey, that's kind of what this world is shoving us towards...
Sarah

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Fool, said my Muse, look in thy heart and write
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #65 on: January 05, 2008, 11:30:09 PM »

LOL There would be the peaceful ones that accept anyone, the ones who think BSB can do no wrong and don't tolerate anyone making fun of them, the ones who scorn BSB but are still fans for whatever reason, and so on...

Then, each Boy would have his own set of followers as well. I wonder if those could overlap? :P

LMAO, followers of the prophet Nick Carter.
~*Dee*~

People think it would be fun to be a bird because you could fly. But they forget the negative side, which is the preening.

From "And Now, Deep Thoughts" by Jack Handey

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #66 on: January 05, 2008, 11:30:47 PM »

LMAO. What would the doctorine for a BSB religion be? ;)

By the way, I took that quiz Julie, it says...

LOL wow, Dee!  Yours is interesting!  Apparantly you're closer to being a Scientologist than you are a Muslim, Protestant, Mormon, or Catholic! :P
~Julie

starbeamz

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #67 on: January 05, 2008, 11:31:26 PM »

What's Neo-Pagan and Unitarian Universalism? ???

I have no idea about the Neo-Pagan, but I know UUs accept and teach tolerance about everyone's beliefs. I was once invited to their church to talk about Islam, and they were the coolest, most open-minded people I have met so far...

Besides you AC-ers, of course LOL
Sarah

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #68 on: January 05, 2008, 11:31:38 PM »

LMAO, followers of the prophet Nick Carter.

I believe that Brian is an angel, sent down from Heaven to make sweet music and lead us all on the path to righteousness! :D
~Julie

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #69 on: January 05, 2008, 11:32:10 PM »

I have no idea about the Neo-Pagan, but I know UUs accept and teach tolerance about everyone's beliefs. I was once invited to their church to talk about Islam, and they were the coolest, most open-minded people I have met so far...

Besides you AC-ers, of course LOL

That's what I heard on LD too (I had no idea what it was either).  That sounds like a good one to be.
~Julie

starbeamz

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #70 on: January 05, 2008, 11:32:21 PM »

I took that quiz when it was posted on LD and it told me I was 100% Islam and 100% Orthodox Judaism, which was pretty interesting...
Sarah

starbeamz

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #71 on: January 05, 2008, 11:33:12 PM »

I believe that Brian is an angel, sent down from Heaven to make sweet music and lead us all on the path to righteousness! :D

LOL If that's Brian, what would AJ's followers believe? And would they follow the AJ scripture that says "Thou shalt cover thyself with permanent ink"?
Sarah

A-RokzStalker

• Commander of Confusion
« Reply #72 on: January 05, 2008, 11:33:25 PM »

Haha *pound it*
~ Amy.

A-RokzStalker

• Commander of Confusion
« Reply #73 on: January 05, 2008, 11:34:54 PM »

LOL If that's Brian, what would AJ's followers believe? And would they follow the AJ scripture that says "Thou shalt cover thyself with permanent ink"?

LMAO!! AJ's scriptures would be considered the "cool, as rebel as you may be" part of the religion.
~ Amy.

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Being Jamie Baker Website
« Reply #74 on: January 05, 2008, 11:35:10 PM »

I dunno what people YOU've been meeting *is extremely bewildered*, but that sucks that you got that impression from people. Personally, I don't think Mormons are horrible people, I just don't have the same beliefs you do. That doesn't mean you're horrible. And only God knows who's going to heaven and who's going to hell, lol. *shrugs* My 2 cents.

It wasn't an impression I got. It was directly told to my face. On more than one occasion. hence the reason I'm afraid of baptists now. lol But I'm sure they aren't all like that. I just don't want to find out if they are going to be the kind that don't mind or the kind that bite my head off.

but I completely agree with you about only God knowing who is going to heaven and such. That's why I try my best not to judge other people, though I'm far from perfect.  And I just worry about what I believe and try to live by it and if others want to know what I believe I'm happy to share, but I will never disrespect another religion for believing something different than I do.  Even my own brother decided he didn't believe in our faith and he has no religion at all. I still love him though. he's a great guy.
If Ryan looked at me the wrong way, I lost it. If Ryan looked at me the right way, I lost it. And whenever he tried to kiss me, something usually blew up. Someone ought to teach him a little control.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10