Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 15

Author Topic: VOTING IS OVER!  (Read 46666 times)

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster
Re: VOTING IS OVER!
« Reply #105 on: February 05, 2008, 10:00:20 PM »

ROFLMAO! Would those happen to be the two that didn't recieve enough nominations in there as well?

Yes, I won those too!
~Maple Jellybean~

What's the difference between ignorance and apathy? ... I don't know, and I don't care.

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Fool, said my Muse, look in thy heart and write
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #106 on: February 05, 2008, 10:01:42 PM »

Yes, I won those too!

Ah, now I see where the sixteen came from. lol
~*Dee*~

People think it would be fun to be a bird because you could fly. But they forget the negative side, which is the preening.

From "And Now, Deep Thoughts" by Jack Handey

starbeamz

• Chief of Disorder
« Reply #107 on: February 05, 2008, 10:02:07 PM »

Are you serious? That's crazy! lol If you're gonna cheat at least do it right!

totally agree. you're not supposed to be obvious about it lol people can track that trail right back to ya.
Sarah

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #108 on: February 05, 2008, 10:04:00 PM »

The sad part is that it won't stop people from going to the site, supporting the cheater's writing, or participating again the next year...
~Maple Jellybean~

What's the difference between ignorance and apathy? ... I don't know, and I don't care.

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #109 on: February 05, 2008, 10:05:49 PM »

Nope..... She was a very popular author for a while. Then Mel and Laura came along. lol
~*Dee*~

People think it would be fun to be a bird because you could fly. But they forget the negative side, which is the preening.

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Being Jamie Baker Website
« Reply #110 on: February 05, 2008, 10:06:00 PM »

http://www.angelfire.com/ks3/kevykevslady32/page1.html

that's tess... I've never heard of her and I think you could vote for the awards but I'm pretty sure that the people who voted hadn't read any of the stories because I posted the links to my AC stories and my read count for Whitmore Lake has barely moved. (I suspect the only person who's read it since it was nominated was whoever judged it for the AC awards. So yeah, I doubt any of those stories even got read.

If Ryan looked at me the wrong way, I lost it. If Ryan looked at me the right way, I lost it. And whenever he tried to kiss me, something usually blew up. Someone ought to teach him a little control.

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #111 on: February 05, 2008, 10:06:47 PM »

And excuse me if Kelly and I lost, it HAS to be rigged, I mean...hello?

LMAO

LMAO I was thinking the same thing! Ha ha oh ye of too much faith in me!
If Ryan looked at me the wrong way, I lost it. If Ryan looked at me the right way, I lost it. And whenever he tried to kiss me, something usually blew up. Someone ought to teach him a little control.

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #112 on: February 05, 2008, 10:12:29 PM »

The last Stripped awards... Someone won a category they weren't even nominated for. lol

LMFAO!!!!  Wow.

I think I've been nominated there before, but it probably wasn't the last one.
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #113 on: February 05, 2008, 10:15:59 PM »

http://www.angelfire.com/ks3/kevykevslady32/page1.html

that's tess... I've never heard of her and I think you could vote for the awards but I'm pretty sure that the people who voted hadn't read any of the stories because I posted the links to my AC stories and my read count for Whitmore Lake has barely moved. (I suspect the only person who's read it since it was nominated was whoever judged it for the AC awards. So yeah, I doubt any of those stories even got read.

I haven't either, but looking at her site, she's associated with Felfic, so that explains why she would get so many votes.  They're like an army.

That's why voting isn't the best way to decide winners; it's usually just a popularity contest.  But judging can be biased, if the judges are buddies with the authors of the stories they're judging.  So, alas, no awards are perfect.  But some sure try harder to be fair than others.
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #114 on: February 05, 2008, 10:22:18 PM »

well they were the Mbsbfc awards and I think they might just be more familiar with their own authors. I was totally an outsider. I didn't even know what the MBSBFC was when I got nominated and the girl that nominated me knew me from here. So, it was probably just that most people had read her stories and not many of the other ones there. *shrug* whatever.   

I'm still just crying that I lost. lol. Anybody wanna give me a hug?

MellzBellz

• Commander of Confusion
« Reply #115 on: February 05, 2008, 10:28:13 PM »

That's why most rewards suck. I've never won one before and the first time I've been nominated was for the Felix Awards. Yet, I see other stories being nominated all over the place that are less popular. I don;t nominate myself which is prolly why I never really get nominated and I don't have any people who sweat me that much to nominate me I guess. I feel like its more like I'll nominate you, if you nominate me. It's just SOOO hard for awards NOT to be rigged and someone's feelings always wind up getting hurt. I used to get upset over it, but whatever. Obviously I have SOME readers.

It's okay Kelly lol Let's make our own awards and then we can rig it so we win them all LOL

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #116 on: February 05, 2008, 10:32:13 PM »

That's why most rewards suck. I've never won one before and the first time I've been nominated was for the Felix Awards. Yet, I see other stories being nominated all over the place that are less popular. I don;t nominate myself which is prolly why I never really get nominated and I don't have any people who sweat me that much to nominate me I guess. I feel like its more like I'll nominate you, if you nominate me. It's just SOOO hard for awards NOT to be rigged and someone's feelings always wind up getting hurt. I used to get upset over it, but whatever. Obviously I have SOME readers.

It's okay Kelly lol Let's make our own awards and then we can rig it so we win them all LOL

or better yet, let's just make a bunch of banners for ourselves and pretend we held awards. I mean what's the point of going through all the trouble if we know we're just going to win anyway?

MellzBellz

• Commander of Confusion
« Reply #117 on: February 05, 2008, 10:38:00 PM »

or better yet, let's just make a bunch of banners for ourselves and pretend we held awards. I mean what's the point of going through all the trouble if we know we're just going to win anyway?

Oh but then we don't get to squash other people's help so its no fun that way. lol

Another thing I noticed about some award sites that are like Uhmm how is this fair? Having an author nominated twice in the same category? Even if its different stories I don't think that's fair. But the best was I've seen the same character nominated twice in character categories because  one story was the sequel and the other was the orginal. I mean come on people? How does that make sense? lol

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #118 on: February 05, 2008, 10:39:50 PM »

LMFAO!!!!  Wow.

I think I've been nominated there before, but it probably wasn't the last one.

I don't even remember who was nominated. lol
~*Dee*~

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #119 on: February 05, 2008, 10:42:44 PM »

I haven't either, but looking at her site, she's associated with Felfic, so that explains why she would get so many votes.  They're like an army.

That's why voting isn't the best way to decide winners; it's usually just a popularity contest.  But judging can be biased, if the judges are buddies with the authors of the stories they're judging.  So, alas, no awards are perfect.  But some sure try harder to be fair than others.

Didn't Felfic disband?

And I think the Felix awards were fair... Even if us judges were friends with a lot of people we were judging for. :)
~*Dee*~

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 15