Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Fanfic Warnings?  (Read 6291 times)

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Fool, said my Muse, look in thy heart and write
    • Could You Do Me Right?
Re: Fanfic Warnings?
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2008, 06:17:37 PM »

lmao I think there would be a lot of unhappy people if we did that. Especially me. I think Jullily has more reading patience than I do.

Nevermind the authors, why do I ave to read to determine these things? lmao
~*Dee*~

People think it would be fun to be a bird because you could fly. But they forget the negative side, which is the preening.

From "And Now, Deep Thoughts" by Jack Handey

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Being Jamie Baker Website
« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2008, 06:20:50 PM »

there should be a this is a stupid story warning or... this story will never be finished so don't bother reading it or... this story relies only on it's banners. It has no substance or... this story will change titles a thousand times or... lol

LMAO and this is why I chose my avi!
If Ryan looked at me the wrong way, I lost it. If Ryan looked at me the right way, I lost it. And whenever he tried to kiss me, something usually blew up. Someone ought to teach him a little control.

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2008, 06:28:58 PM »

there should be a this is a stupid story warning or... this story will never be finished so don't bother reading it or... this story relies only on it's banners. It has no substance or... this story will change titles a thousand times or... lol

LMFAO!!!!!
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

MellzBellz

• Commander of Confusion
« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2008, 07:05:10 PM »

OMG The Graphic sexual content and mild sexual content thing always bothered me too. I mean obviously sometimes you'll have graphic sex scenes and then others you'll do more the fade to black type thing, but I think if it has graphic scenes in it go with the more intense warning to cover yourself. That's what I do. I use the Graphic sexual content warning although I'm obviously not as graphic as some people.

I also love when someone puts the graphic sexual content warning and it's like the tamest sex scene going lol. Maybe they're just trying to lure the perverts? lol

ALTOS has mild violence because there is a dream sequence where Nick gets shot and some small physical fights, but its probably not even that necessary. I also use the Death warning for reasons I cannot yet reveal... Actually a minor character will die later on... I guess there are a few themes of death through the story too.

LMAO I LOVE the "Unrealistic sex scenes" warning Dee! Sadly after I posted my last chapter i think almost every one of my readers wrote OMG Nick could NEVER be bad in bed (because it came up in the chapter) Poor Nick... I hope he never runs into any of you. He's got a LOT to live up to.

Sakabelle

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2008, 07:27:24 PM »

LMAO I LOVE the "Unrealistic sex scenes" warning Dee! Sadly after I posted my last chapter i think almost every one of my readers wrote OMG Nick could NEVER be bad in bed (because it came up in the chapter) Poor Nick... I hope he never runs into any of you. He's got a LOT to live up to.

lmao well he probably has had a fair amount of practice :P
~Saka ♥

"Write a lot. Write something you’re scared to write. That’s the best advice I can give: If you have an idea, and you can’t stop thinking about it, but something about it scares you half to death—WRITE THAT."
- Rainbow Rowell

AJsKellyMouse

• Minion of Mayhem
« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2008, 07:37:57 PM »

I don't really pay much attention to most of the warnings either.  At least not usually.  I don't find slash appealing-and I think that was one of the warnings available from the list-so I might skip a story with that, but not always.  I usually go from the summary.  Sometimes I think the warnings are added on because it's in the story, but it doesn't always make up the story-if that makes sense.  For example, One of the stories I have written (it's not up yet, it's on my list though) will have a sexual assualt/rape warning.  My story doesn't really revolve around this, and I don't go into a lot of detail about it, so it's not really graphic, but it's mentioned/discussed.  Because of this, I feel I should add that warning there.  Does that make sense?
~Kelly~

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2008, 07:42:30 PM »

In the little world I live in, trapped inside my/our brain... all of the stories on AC have warnings like this instead of the regular kind
~Maple Jellybean~

What's the difference between ignorance and apathy? ... I don't know, and I don't care.

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2008, 07:44:32 PM »

lmao well he probably has had a fair amount of practice :P

Even the most practise can't give you a 12 inch penis lol Soooo I think he still has a lot to live up to when it comes to people who put their expectations into fic form
~Maple Jellybean~

What's the difference between ignorance and apathy? ... I don't know, and I don't care.

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #23 on: February 20, 2008, 07:45:20 PM »

^ LMAO soooo true!
If Ryan looked at me the wrong way, I lost it. If Ryan looked at me the right way, I lost it. And whenever he tried to kiss me, something usually blew up. Someone ought to teach him a little control.

julilly

• Master of Havoc
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #24 on: February 20, 2008, 07:48:02 PM »

In real life, where "books" exist, you don't know whether or not the book you picked up is going to have graphic sex, or just the regular kind, or graphic violence or finger jammed in a car door, you basically go off of the summary, and the reputation/writing history of the author.

I have a point here, it's that I think warnings aren't completely necessary. Even if you write slash you would put that it's gay m/m f/f etc in the genre description.
~Maple Jellybean~

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #25 on: February 20, 2008, 07:50:32 PM »

true. You've convinced me altogether. Warnings aren't necessary. I like a ratings, but not warnings...

Sakabelle

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #26 on: February 20, 2008, 07:54:07 PM »

Even the most practise can't give you a 12 inch penis lol Soooo I think he still has a lot to live up to when it comes to people who put their expectations into fic form

lol good point julilly!
~Saka ♥

"Write a lot. Write something you’re scared to write. That’s the best advice I can give: If you have an idea, and you can’t stop thinking about it, but something about it scares you half to death—WRITE THAT."
- Rainbow Rowell

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #27 on: February 20, 2008, 08:07:42 PM »

In the little world I live in, trapped inside my/our brain... all of the stories on AC have warnings like this instead of the regular kind

lol same here
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #28 on: February 20, 2008, 09:51:13 PM »

Sure Nick could be bad in bed... What is he, a sex god?
~*Dee*~

People think it would be fun to be a bird because you could fly. But they forget the negative side, which is the preening.

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #29 on: February 20, 2008, 09:52:36 PM »

In real life, where "books" exist, you don't know whether or not the book you picked up is going to have graphic sex, or just the regular kind, or graphic violence or finger jammed in a car door, you basically go off of the summary, and the reputation/writing history of the author.

I have a point here, it's that I think warnings aren't completely necessary. Even if you write slash you would put that it's gay m/m f/f etc in the genre description.

That's very true. I'm not really a fan of warnings myself... Though it's better than when the pairings are listed in the summaries. lol
~*Dee*~

Pages: 1 [2] 3