Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25]

Author Topic: Featured Story of the Month for June 2008 - Why i'd do it all Again by Mare  (Read 66301 times)

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Fool, said my Muse, look in thy heart and write
    • Could You Do Me Right?

I loved the story! :)
~*Dee*~

People think it would be fun to be a bird because you could fly. But they forget the negative side, which is the preening.

From "And Now, Deep Thoughts" by Jack Handey

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster

^ I think that whole thing was crazy. If I ever meet Brian again, even though it happened a billion years ago, it's the one question I want to ask him lol
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster

Thanks Dee :)
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Fool, said my Muse, look in thy heart and write
    • Could You Do Me Right?

I mean, as seen by the fact that it only took me a week off and on to read it. lol
~*Dee*~

People think it would be fun to be a bird because you could fly. But they forget the negative side, which is the preening.

From "And Now, Deep Thoughts" by Jack Handey

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster

YAY! :)

luna610

• Minion of Mayhem

After reading thru this thread I can't tell you how happy I am to find others that feel the same exact way I do.  Had I expressed these feelings on LD, I would have been ripped to shreads.  But I agree with ya'll on the Blurry Brian subject.  I was sooo pissed off when he didn't even MENTION the Boys in his liner notes.  He wouldn't have or be what he is today without them.  I understand he wanted something away from the group but so did Nick and he STILL mentioned, hell dedicated his album to them, in his liner notes.  And DON'T even get me started on the HOC stuff....

WHAT? You mean LD had drama?? NO!  ::)
"Be yourself because the people that mind don't matter and the people that matter don't mind."
-Dr. Seuss

FrickFrackGirl

• Captain of Commotion
  • Nowie!!!!

WHAT? You mean LD had drama?? NO!  ::)
Had????  That's past tense dear! lmao!!

Yup, I'm a Nick girl!!  But I love ALL my Boys!

Jen

Nijntje

• Minion of Mayhem
  • Some love is not really love at all..

Hey Mare, I'm so sorry I wasn't the Oprah I earlier said I'd be.. :(
Internet and vacation (being away for a week) made it almost impossible.. :(
*hands out cookies*
Not every dream is supposed to come true
Some words are best unsaid
Some love is not really love at all
I keep everything I shared with you
And that's enough.. there's us..

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster

That's okay. Hope you had a good vacation.

This is usually the time I tell everyone that the month is coming to an end so if anyone has anything else to say, say it now lol

I'll start by saying a huge thanks to everyone who participated this month, especially my two Oprahs Sarah and Rose. You guys did a great job. It'll be weird for me having to go back to asking the questions instead of answering them. I think I like the answering better than the asking.

:)

I did start my new story of which I'm going to give anyone who looks in here a little sneak peek. Not sure when i'll start posting it. It has no title as of yet...

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster

“Are you sure this is a good idea?”

Kevin shook his head a few times but then smiled, “Yes Nick…for the ten thousandth time, I think this is a good idea.”

“Because we haven’t done this in a long time…I mean a really long time…in fact, have we ever done this?”

Kevin pulled his backpack up on his shoulder, “I don’t think so, not just the two of us anyway.”

“Have we ever done it as a group?”

“You are supposed to have the better memory Nick, not me.”

“Well Kevin, my memory is sucking lately.”

“I can tell.” He said as he reached over and pat his younger friend on the back. It was a very last minute decision, to go on a camping trip. Since Kristin had the baby, he never let his new family too far out of his reach. One would think that would be a good thing but supposedly it was Kristin who was yearning for some free time with just the baby.

Kevin smiled to himself; the Backstreet Kevin would have not taken that well at all. If Backstreet Kevin was told to go play in the woods with some of his friends, he would have just about had ten cows after thinking his wife was trying to get rid of him so she could have her lover come over or something even worse than that. Backstreet Kevin was a real asshole sometimes.

Being out of the limelight was probably the best thing he ever did for himself. It felt like a huge weight being lifted off of his shoulders. Not to imply that Backstreet was nothing but a huge weight, but the fame part of it was too much. He was scared that he had made the wrong decision at first. Maybe it was too impulsive and later when he’d end up doing regional theater in the tenth revival of Chicago; he’d look back on the days when he had it all and feel a huge sense of regret. Luckily, the regret hasn’t come, only the satisfaction of feeling free to do whatever he wants.

He was very naive, thinking the fans would be sad but would quickly get over it and understand why he had to leave. He was wrong about that. At first it stung like a bee. Hearing how outraged the fans were. How downright hateful they were about his departure. They really resented him for everything and even went so far as to blame him if the new album flopped.

:)
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25]