Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11

Author Topic: Engarde!!!!! The reading challenge part two!  (Read 36162 times)

Mellz Bellz

• Innocent Bystander
Re: Engarde!!!!! The reading challenge part two!
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2011, 11:30:21 AM »

Sorry I've been slacking with reading ther past few days. Just finished Chapter 26 of 00Carter and the 5th episode arc Bunnies in Black. Oddly enough so far this was my favorite despite the introduction of aliens to the plot. I've made how I feel about sci-fi known, so it's a wonder my head didn't explode lol jk. I love how dramatically this arc started out with a young couple wandering onto the HimTak base because the wife was in a very complicated labor. I won't spoil it for anyone who hasn't read it yet but it was very intriguing.

I also LOVE the idea of the girls getting their own mission and Nick having to stay behind. It was also kind of awesome that their mission involved masquerading as Playboy Bunnies at the Playboy Mansion. The situation lent itself to a lot of really humorous lines and situations.

The alien stuff once it got underway... Ehh kind of made me want to skim over a lot, but that's just mer personally having zero interest in sci-fi. I see that the next episode takes place in Disney World and I am a HUGE Disney fan so I may like that one even better.

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2011, 04:01:19 PM »

Thanks, Mel!  I'm so surprised that the BIB was your favorite episode so far!  We thought for sure we'd lose you with the aliens LOL.

We always wanted an all-girl, Charlie's Angels style mission for the ladies, and our original idea for this episode was more of a spoof on Flava of Love and Bret Micheals' Rock of Love, which were both still on Vh1 at the time, and the girls had to pose as sex slaves for those two.  We planned it all out and started writing it, but a couple of parts in, we realized it wasn't going very well and none of us were really sold on the idea, so we actually scrapped it and went back to the drawing board.  We decided to go the Playboy/Girls Next Door route instead, and I have no idea how the aliens came into it, but somehow we got that idea, too.  It changed the whole future of the story, introducing aliens to the 00Carter universe, because like you said in one of your reviews, that arc is too big to be over.

Anyway, I'm glad you liked the all-girl episode.  I guess it helps being a romance fan, because we were worried people wouldn't like it because of the lack of Backstreet Boys; that's why we tried to still include them as much as we could.  Thanks for the feedback!!
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

Sapphire

• Major Disruption
« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2011, 05:22:16 PM »

I've read up to chapter 30 of October Road and so far it's still flowing nicely. Just wanted to check in :)

Awesome! Thanks for the comments.

Purpura Lipstick

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2011, 05:38:00 PM »

Thanks, Mel!  I'm so surprised that the BIB was your favorite episode so far!  We thought for sure we'd lose you with the aliens LOL.

We always wanted an all-girl, Charlie's Angels style mission for the ladies, and our original idea for this episode was more of a spoof on Flava of Love and Bret Micheals' Rock of Love, which were both still on Vh1 at the time, and the girls had to pose as sex slaves for those two.  We planned it all out and started writing it, but a couple of parts in, we realized it wasn't going very well and none of us were really sold on the idea, so we actually scrapped it and went back to the drawing board.  We decided to go the Playboy/Girls Next Door route instead, and I have no idea how the aliens came into it, but somehow we got that idea, too.  It changed the whole future of the story, introducing aliens to the 00Carter universe, because like you said in one of your reviews, that arc is too big to be over.

Anyway, I'm glad you liked the all-girl episode.  I guess it helps being a romance fan, because we were worried people wouldn't like it because of the lack of Backstreet Boys; that's why we tried to still include them as much as we could.  Thanks for the feedback!!

I recall being into the Rock/Flava of Love idea! :P  In fact I was writing my part when it changed. :(
For the better, though.
- Purpura -
   -Lore-

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2011, 05:59:26 PM »

I recall being into the Rock/Flava of Love idea! :P  In fact I was writing my part when it changed. :(
For the better, though.

I know, I remember you were... I think we all were originally, but seems like we had a lot of trouble getting that episode off the ground.  The Playboy plot turned out better.
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

Mellz Bellz

• Innocent Bystander
« Reply #20 on: July 28, 2011, 12:13:28 AM »

For the better, though.

I woulda loved that but then again Rock of Love was one of my great guilty pleasures in life.

Purpura Lipstick

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #21 on: July 28, 2011, 09:37:06 AM »

I watched two seasons of Rock of Love, that was my guilty pleasure too. 
- Purpura -
   -Lore-

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #22 on: July 28, 2011, 02:58:36 PM »

How's the reading going with everyone? It's been very quiet in here.
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

Purpura Lipstick

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #23 on: July 28, 2011, 03:00:17 PM »

I'm reading one that's not on this list.  I guess I could read another on the list and make comments on it. I am finished with my original story.
- Purpura -
   -Lore-

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #24 on: July 28, 2011, 03:10:12 PM »

It's up to you Lore, if you want that would be nice. :)

I was doing checking and some people haven't reviewed past the first few chapters. That makes me sad. Imke still hasn't even started her story yet. It's not fair if people are reading yours and you aren't extending the same courtesy to others.

It's still only Thursday though. I won't be calling everyone out officially until Monday. lol

Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

Purpura Lipstick

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #25 on: July 28, 2011, 03:12:29 PM »

I know I only left reviews on a few chapters, but mine was so short I had a hard time commenting on them.
- Purpura -
   -Lore-

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #26 on: July 28, 2011, 03:16:11 PM »

Welp, that's why I am asking people to check in here, just in case they haven't been leaving reviews but have read up to chapter 10 (even though they should be leaving reviews!) LOL sorry guys, it's the teacher in me.

I warned you all before you signed up! lol

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #27 on: July 28, 2011, 03:23:19 PM »

I am up to chapter five :). But I'll get to ten soon. To be fair - mine is wordy (which is okay it's just taking me time)
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #28 on: July 28, 2011, 04:11:51 PM »

I know you're only up to chapter five becaue I know all!   ;D

Yes, that's why Mel is okay with being only up to chapter 6 for 00Carter because of the immense word count on that one too. I'm taking all of that into consideration. Although technically she's way past chapter 6. More like part 6. So, nevermind about that. LOL 
« Last Edit: July 28, 2011, 04:16:04 PM by mare »

cabybakes

• Commander of Confusion
« Reply #29 on: July 28, 2011, 04:56:28 PM »

I am up to chapter five :). But I'll get to ten soon. To be fair - mine is wordy (which is okay it's just taking me time)

Sorry for my wordiness, Rose!

I'll get to 10 tomorrow...hop efully!!!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11