Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: WTF, Google Docs?  (Read 13801 times)

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Fool, said my Muse, look in thy heart and write
    • Could You Do Me Right?
Re: WTF, Google Docs?
« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2021, 11:27:22 PM »

Who's to say you don't type those three words super fast for one minute? ;D Perhaps they were three words excitedly bursting with inspiration!

Same, I always click the blue squiggles just to see what it's trying to change now. Sometimes I change it, sometimes I don't.

Havingn't is a weird contraction I don't get, lol. How would you use that in a sentence? "My doctor said I'm havingn't gluten this month, I need to see if it's making me sick." Sounds needlessly complicated compared to... oh, I don't know... "I can't have"... "to try cutting out"... Probably a million other ways to word that sentence that make more sense. I still love defeatening; it sounds so epic, lol.
~*Dee*~

People think it would be fun to be a bird because you could fly. But they forget the negative side, which is the preening.

From "And Now, Deep Thoughts" by Jack Handey

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2021, 08:23:33 PM »

I typed too fast and forgot the "o" in Howie... Guess what google docs' suggestion was? "Hawaii," of course. Now I need to worry about "Hawaii" in addition to "Brain," lol! Thanks Google... ::)

Almost done with this chapter, but just needed to share.
~*Dee*~

People think it would be fun to be a bird because you could fly. But they forget the negative side, which is the preening.

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2021, 09:45:53 PM »

LMAO!  Of course, because Google doesn't think Howie is a real name.
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2021, 10:41:03 PM »

It never flags it for me. I thought for sure it would think "You must mean Howie as you've written it several times," but nope, it definitely filled in Hawaii instead, lol. Brain has gotten annoying, but I laughed so hard at Hawaii.
~*Dee*~

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #19 on: May 31, 2021, 11:21:06 PM »

So weird.  It doesn't flag Howie for me anymore, but I think I had to add it to the custom dictionary to get it to stop.  It's never done the Brain thing for me though.
~Julie

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #20 on: May 31, 2021, 11:55:55 PM »

Ugh, you're lucky. Brain is the worst. But obviously, I can't remove "brain" from the dictionary, but I wish I could!
~*Dee*~

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #21 on: June 04, 2021, 01:32:09 AM »

This is not a Google fail at all, but I laughed really hard at Google trying to correct Nick & Knight's grammar in the song "Halfway There."  In SAMS, Nick wrote that song about his feelings for Howie LOL, so the lyrics are in there.  Google flagged the line, “‘Cause I’m halfway there to lovin’ you, so wait there for me... and there’s nothing that I wouldn’t do to be where you be...” and suggested "you are."  You're right, Google, but "are" doesn't rhyme with me."
~Julie

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #22 on: June 04, 2021, 03:59:30 PM »

Started running grammar check on Curtain Call today.  Oh Google...

1. This one cracked me up.  The sentence is "He was asking me for real."  As in, he wasn't kidding about what he just asked.  Google suggested I change "real" to "directions." LMAO.  No, Google.  He was not asking for directions.

2. This one made me cringe.  The sentence is "It's even better live," talking about the song 10,000 Promises.  Google thought it should be "It's even better to live."  Well sure, Google, living is great, but maybe we shouldn't say that to someone with stage IV cancer.  ::) :D

3. Google usually gets mad at me for using slang and incorrect grammar in my dialogue (you know, the way real people talk), but then it suggested I replace "out of" to "outta" in a sentence that is not dialogue.  WTF, Google?

4. “’Morning, Dad!” I answered cheerfully, making myself sound way more chipper than I felt.  Google thinks "chipper" should be "cheaper."  LMAO

5. While Nick is puking:  I sat down on the rim of the bathtub next to him and put my hand on his back, rubbing it as soothingly as I could until the heaves subsided, too.  Google thinks "heaves" should be "heavens." LMAO No, Google.  No.

6. I heard the high-pitched screams for Justin Bieber...  Google thinks "for" should be "of."  I'm laughing at "the high-pitched screams of Justin Bieber."
« Last Edit: June 04, 2021, 05:02:36 PM by RokofAges75 »
~Julie

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #23 on: June 05, 2021, 04:09:21 PM »

This is not a Google fail at all, but I laughed really hard at Google trying to correct Nick & Knight's grammar in the song "Halfway There."  In SAMS, Nick wrote that song about his feelings for Howie LOL, so the lyrics are in there.  Google flagged the line, “‘Cause I’m halfway there to lovin’ you, so wait there for me... and there’s nothing that I wouldn’t do to be where you be...” and suggested "you are."  You're right, Google, but "are" doesn't rhyme with me."

LMAO! Don't tell Google about AIHTG! It will be extremely unpleased!

Started running grammar check on Curtain Call today.  Oh Google...

1. This one cracked me up.  The sentence is "He was asking me for real."  As in, he wasn't kidding about what he just asked.  Google suggested I change "real" to "directions." LMAO.  No, Google.  He was not asking for directions.

2. This one made me cringe.  The sentence is "It's even better live," talking about the song 10,000 Promises.  Google thought it should be "It's even better to live."  Well sure, Google, living is great, but maybe we shouldn't say that to someone with stage IV cancer.  ::) :D

3. Google usually gets mad at me for using slang and incorrect grammar in my dialogue (you know, the way real people talk), but then it suggested I replace "out of" to "outta" in a sentence that is not dialogue.  WTF, Google?

4. “’Morning, Dad!” I answered cheerfully, making myself sound way more chipper than I felt.  Google thinks "chipper" should be "cheaper."  LMAO

5. While Nick is puking:  I sat down on the rim of the bathtub next to him and put my hand on his back, rubbing it as soothingly as I could until the heaves subsided, too.  Google thinks "heaves" should be "heavens." LMAO No, Google.  No.

6. I heard the high-pitched screams for Justin Bieber...  Google thinks "for" should be "of."  I'm laughing at "the high-pitched screams of Justin Bieber."

LMAO! Yours are all so much funnier than any of the ones I get! I'm a little jealous, actually. The only thing it wants me to change today is "asset" to "assets" and like "demon" to "demons" last week, it just isn't meant that way.

You know, changing heaves to heavens wouldn't be that bad. I often feel like the heavens are conspiring against me when I'm sick, lol.

And for that last one, show me how Google is wrong. I'm assuming that in the story it's Justin Bieber's fans doing the screaming, but... feels accurate.  ;D
~*Dee*~

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #24 on: June 06, 2021, 02:33:43 AM »

LMAO! Don't tell Google about AIHTG! It will be extremely unpleased!

LMAO! Yours are all so much funnier than any of the ones I get! I'm a little jealous, actually. The only thing it wants me to change today is "asset" to "assets" and like "demon" to "demons" last week, it just isn't meant that way.

You know, changing heaves to heavens wouldn't be that bad. I often feel like the heavens are conspiring against me when I'm sick, lol.

And for that last one, show me how Google is wrong. I'm assuming that in the story it's Justin Bieber's fans doing the screaming, but... feels accurate.  ;D

LOL!  I know, Google would hate the grammar in a lot of BSB's songs.

Not all its suggestions were that funny.  Most of them are pretty mundane.  It likes to suggest I switch verbs to present tense when they're supposed to be in past tense. 

Bieber probably does have a high-pitched scream LOL.
~Julie

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #25 on: June 06, 2021, 03:30:35 PM »

LOL!  I know, Google would hate the grammar in a lot of BSB's songs.

Not all its suggestions were that funny.  Most of them are pretty mundane.  It likes to suggest I switch verbs to present tense when they're supposed to be in past tense. 

Bieber probably does have a high-pitched scream LOL.

It's not the Boys' fault, sometimes a rhyme or meter just has to match the music. Music first, then lyrics. Except for "does his friends get all your time," one of them should have said something because "do" wouldn't have changed anything, clearly, because they now sing "do" live, lol.

Yes, the verb switching! Google, stop! I meant what I wrote.

I'm going to need some Bieber fans to weigh in. High-pitched scream or no? lol
~*Dee*~

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #26 on: June 06, 2021, 05:14:04 PM »

I'm trying to write a dramatic moment and there is again! Brain! You're the worst, Google!
~*Dee*~

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #27 on: June 06, 2021, 07:45:48 PM »

It's not the Boys' fault, sometimes a rhyme or meter just has to match the music. Music first, then lyrics. Except for "does his friends get all your time," one of them should have said something because "do" wouldn't have changed anything, clearly, because they now sing "do" live, lol.

Yep, and a lot of their early songs were written by the Swedish songwriters, so you can forgive them for not being grammatically perfect.  But I agree about "Does his gifts..."

I'm trying to write a dramatic moment and there is again! Brain! You're the worst, Google!

Oh noes!  Bad Google!
~Julie

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #28 on: June 06, 2021, 08:50:58 PM »

Yep, and a lot of their early songs were written by the Swedish songwriters, so you can forgive them for not being grammatically perfect.  But I agree about "Does his gifts..."

I momentarily forgot it happened twice in that song, lol!

I know that's the reason, and maybe they were too young/new in the industry and didn't want to be like "hey, I know you have 'does' here, but 'do' makes way more sense and doesn't change anything." I'm assuming that's probably the reason. Don't they own all their masters now? They can probably do whatever they want at this point without feelings being hurt. Although, not sure how owning your masters correlates to songwriting credits, may not equate.

Oh noes!  Bad Google!

I swear, in this entire thread, this will be the only thing I ever complain about, lol!
~*Dee*~

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Could You Do Me Right?
« Reply #29 on: June 22, 2021, 10:11:36 PM »

Google has taken a new odd turn for me. So I wrote the phrase "giving Kevin space to [do something]" which google did not like. That's cool. I get it, it's kind of boring and uncharacterist ic of my phrasing. Except, it wants me to change it to "giving Kevin Spacey to [do something]." WTF? My first truly wtf moment with google, lol!
~*Dee*~

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4