Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 25

Author Topic: Featured Story of the Month for June 2008 - Why i'd do it all Again by Mare  (Read 68209 times)

nicksgal

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Fool, said my Muse, look in thy heart and write
    • Could You Do Me Right?

But you didn't say anything! lol
~*Dee*~

People think it would be fun to be a bird because you could fly. But they forget the negative side, which is the preening.

From "And Now, Deep Thoughts" by Jack Handey

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster

I was clearing my throat lol
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

starbeamz

• Chief of Disorder

Oh, ok ;D

So, Mare...what was the first thought you had when you finally posted the last chapter of this story?
Sarah

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster

My real first thought was, wow I am done with this story! lol

Then I guess after that it became, now what? Followed by i'm sad I am done with this one because I enjoyed writing on it!
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

honey

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Being Jamie Baker Website

how did this thread get sooooooo off topic? lol

I just thought I'd pop in and say that even though I haven't gotten through this story as fast as I thought I would, I am really loving it and think that everyone should read it!! Mare's writing is fantastic and she is soooo full of Backstreet cuteness that I just love it....

First of all I want to point out that the perspective changes are a very refreshing way to tell this story. I think that is what makes it seem like the story is really sucking you in to the guy's world. Mare is great at placing you right there in the middle of all the craziness so you get the feeling it's almost like a documentary as opposed to a story. I think it shows great insight into each boy and what their thoughts/feelings/concerns/insecurities/ and all those other things one might feel in that situation, might be. I mean who really knows how it all went down, but I think Mare has done an excellent job (from what I've read so far anyway) at imagining that situation, and I think she writes the guys very realistically. Maybe a little sweeter than they are sometimes, but I don't see how that hurts any, lol.

Seriously guys, this story makes me remember what it is I LOVE about the Backstreet Boys. And I love they way Mare portrays them. It's just a fun cute, yet emotional sometimes, story that can really tug on the heart strings and it definitely worth the read. I honestly cant think of enough good things to say about it, but I have to run, so I'll have to post more later. I just had to stop in right now even though I'm only on like chapter 17 so far, but I'm going out of town for a while and I wanted to make sure and gush about the awesomeness that is this story before the month is over and it's someone else's turn.

Yay Mare! and YAY WHY!!! (hehe and yay, It Stay's With You too. cause I love that one too.) And YAY for Mare writing another story! Good luck with it! Enjoy the rest of your month Two very big thumbs up from me! You totally deserve this month.

And one final... EVERYONE GO READ THIS STORY!!!!

If Ryan looked at me the wrong way, I lost it. If Ryan looked at me the right way, I lost it. And whenever he tried to kiss me, something usually blew up. Someone ought to teach him a little control.

starbeamz

• Chief of Disorder

My real first thought was, wow I am done with this story! lol

Then I guess after that it became, now what? Followed by i'm sad I am done with this one because I enjoyed writing on it!

Aww, well I enjoyed reading it ;D

Did you know the exact plotline you would follow for the story, or did you sort of have an idea but just filled it in as you wrote and changed it as things changed in real life for the Boys? I know you said you did that for Kevin leaving, but what about the overall story?
Sarah

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster

Aww that was mega sweet of you Kelly. Thanks! :)

starbeamz

• Chief of Disorder

holy postarama, Kelly! But, see, we're bringing it back on topic lol That was a fantastic post, and I agree ;D
Sarah

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster

Aww, well I enjoyed reading it ;D

Did you know the exact plotline you would follow for the story, or did you sort of have an idea but just filled it in as you wrote and changed it as things changed in real life for the Boys? I know you said you did that for Kevin leaving, but what about the overall story?

I didn't have a storyline worked out really. I just kind of went with the flow. Besides Kevin though, I can't really remember anything else that changed as the story went on. I pretty much just decided to keep it along the time line that they went on while creating the album.

YAY for Oprah questions and gushing lol :)

honey

• Supreme Time Waster

lol well I'm a sweet girl. And I give praise when praise is due. LMAO but don't feel too special, I've left posts about every story I've read in these threads...  Isn't that the point of the feature of the month? To go read the story and then tell people what you think?
If Ryan looked at me the wrong way, I lost it. If Ryan looked at me the right way, I lost it. And whenever he tried to kiss me, something usually blew up. Someone ought to teach him a little control.

starbeamz

• Chief of Disorder

Ahh, okay cool! Thanks for the response, Mare!

So...what do you think the most dramatic part of your story was? Was it Paris and Nick? Was it Nick throwing a pizza at the wall? Was it Nick falling out the window?

Howie: *ahem* See what I mean about it all being about Nick, Nick, freaking NICK?!
Sarah

honey

• Supreme Time Waster

Everyone who has read this one should do the same...

honey

• Supreme Time Waster

Ahh, okay cool! Thanks for the response, Mare!

So...what do you think the most dramatic part of your story was? Was it Paris and Nick? Was it Nick throwing a pizza at the wall? Was it Nick falling out the window?

Howie: *ahem* See what I mean about it all being about Nick, Nick, freaking NICK?!

when did Howie become such a whiner? And how did you manage to get him in a room with you to help hijack your posts? I wanna know your secret! I wanna play with backstreet Boys on the forum too!

starbeamz

• Chief of Disorder

lol It just happened. He's gone now.

Besides, you've played with Howie in real life. You don't need to play with him on a forum lol
Sarah

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster

lol well I'm a sweet girl. And I give praise when praise is due. LMAO but don't feel too special, I've left posts about every story I've read in these threads...  Isn't that the point of the feature of the month? To go read the story and then tell people what you think?

Yes it is lol and we love you for that!
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 25