Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember, site banner rules apply here too!

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: FS for September: Running Up That Hill by Sakabelle  (Read 8362 times)

Sakabelle

• General Pandemonium
Re: FS for September: Running Up That Hill by Sakabelle
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2012, 11:36:29 PM »

I do have an idea for a semi-sequel for this once it's done, but we'll see. It's hard to think of anything besides this story since it's taking me so long to churn it out! The idea of building on it any further is just daunting lol
~Saka ♥

"Write a lot. Write something you’re scared to write. That’s the best advice I can give: If you have an idea, and you can’t stop thinking about it, but something about it scares you half to death—WRITE THAT."
- Rainbow Rowell

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2012, 12:14:22 AM »

LOL been there!
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2012, 12:10:46 AM »

Wanted to say yay at me catching up cause now I can actually be active in this thread LOL.

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2012, 07:38:19 AM »

Doing my weekly check in!

I was hoping to see an update on the most recent page for this one miss Saka!

Which character do you find easiest to write for this one?

Have you ever considered doing an entire chapter from just one of their points of view? (besides AJ which you mentioned earlier)

How hard is it for you to find the lyrics at the beginning of each chapter?
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

Sakabelle

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2012, 11:44:58 AM »

LOL I'm trying my best! I always make it a goal, but my workdays have been so busy lately and I find that the only way I can get chapters of this one out now is to use my lunch hours. But hopefully there will be an update soon :)

Which character do you find easiest to write for this one?
Nick, definitely! I always have a really fun time getting into his head and writing down his random thoughts. Nick at this age in real life really seemed like kind of a douche, but he's fun to play with in fiction. The only issue I have with writing Nick in this story is that I always have to read over his parts and edit the language down to use simpler words.

Have you ever considered doing an entire chapter from just one of their points of view? (besides AJ which you mentioned earlier)
Nope, never have. I knew from the beginning that I wanted every chapter to have every point of view, which has made things sort of challenging because not all the boys are always doing something interesting. That's why I really try to focus on the character aspect in this story rather than the action. Truthfully, this story doesn't have much action at all!

How hard is it for you to find the lyrics at the beginning of each chapter?
Really easy! I've got a playlist for this story full of angsty songs, and it has more than enough songs for each chapter. Sometimes the lyrics come out of that playlist, and other times I find myself adding songs to the playlist to help with a specific chapter. I do have blocks of lyrics picked out for future chapters, as well as the ones for the last chapter! It's one of my favourite parts of writing this story, actually. Getting to incorporate the music I use to write it in the beginning.
~Saka ♥

"Write a lot. Write something you’re scared to write. That’s the best advice I can give: If you have an idea, and you can’t stop thinking about it, but something about it scares you half to death—WRITE THAT."
- Rainbow Rowell

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2012, 12:04:25 PM »

^ It's weird but I knew you were going to say that the lyrics were your favorite thing lol
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

Sakabelle

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2012, 12:26:19 PM »

Haha! I'm super weird with song lyrics too. Sometimes I like songs because they're catchy, but there have been a lot of times where I don't like a song, but then I find I can connect the lyrics with something I'm writing, or something that's happened in my own life and instantly it's my new favourite song lol. I'm sure I'm not the only one who does that. I also can't ever disconnect songs from what I originally connected them with. I'll never be able to hear Running Up That Hill again without thinking of this story. I actually don't think I have any favourite songs that aren't connected to something for me.
~Saka ♥

- Rainbow Rowell

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #22 on: September 08, 2012, 12:40:02 PM »

LOL That's awesome. I wish I was like that. I only connect a few songs to my life and never to a story.

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #23 on: September 15, 2012, 07:20:06 PM »

Check in time!

I hope everyone is enjoying this story!

This question is more for the readers than Steph but you're welcome to answer it too, Steph lol

Which character do you find most relatable and enjoyable to read in this story? And which character do you find the least appealing?

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #24 on: September 15, 2012, 07:58:15 PM »

That's an interesting question.  Most enjoyable to read would definitely be Nick, but he also wins for least appealing because he's such a loser in this story LOL.  Most relatable... maybe Howie because he's the only other one who's not married yet.  It's harder to relate to Kevin and Brian whose scenes tend to center so much on married life, but I also can't really relate to Nick because his lifestyle is so different from mine.  I enjoy reading his scenes, though.
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #25 on: September 16, 2012, 12:15:49 AM »

Most enjoyable definitely goes to Nick LOL. Even though he's in such a horrible place in his life, the POV is always the most entertaining. Technically though, he's probably the least appealing LOL. As for most relatable...pr obably Howie, the person trying to keep everything together and look out for Nick.

FrickingKaos

• General Pandemonium
  • writing fanfic by moonlight....
    • twitter
« Reply #26 on: September 16, 2012, 03:11:23 AM »

Wow I can't believe I haven't commented here. I love RUTH (Steph knows this) and for me most relatable would be Howie, having to deal with someone's mess and worrying about that person...him not being married at this time as well. I want to give Howie a gold star for putting up with Nick's shenanigans.

As for least, I'd say Nick because he is a mess but a loveable mess. He's very entertaining to read whereas I'd like to slap Brian every chapter LOL

Sakabelle

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #27 on: September 17, 2012, 06:43:07 AM »

Haha thanks guys. I think the only character I really don't relate to in the story is Brian, and that's probably what makes it so hard for me to write. I relate to all of the other guys in different ways - I think I probably relate to Howie the most, since he's trying so hard to hold it all together. So to me Brian is the least appealing just because I can't relate to him, making it hard for me to write him. Even though it should probably be Nick lol because he's such a douche.

That being said, Nick being such a douche makes him the most enjoyable for me to write haha.
~Saka ♥

- Rainbow Rowell

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #28 on: September 17, 2012, 06:31:31 PM »

I think Brian has the kind of life I'd want to have, but don't have, so he's harder to relate to.  He's the ideal, not the reality.
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

Purpura Lipstick

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #29 on: September 18, 2012, 05:16:04 PM »

I've not read your featured story but I wanted to pop in here and say "yay you"!  I love Forever Like This and love that it is a sequel you don't have to know the original to understand what is going on.  :)   I am behind but I wanted to say that it rocks! 
- Purpura -
   -Lore-
Pages: 1 [2] 3