Absolute Chaos Discussion Boards

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Spammers will be banned. Repeat spammers will be fed to angry penguins.

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: FS for September: Running Up That Hill by Sakabelle  (Read 8359 times)

Sakabelle

• General Pandemonium
Re: FS for September: Running Up That Hill by Sakabelle
« Reply #30 on: September 18, 2012, 05:23:20 PM »

Thanks! I really enjoyed writing that story and had a lot of fun with it. It was a challenge to make it understandable for those who haven't read the first story (which is basically everyone lol) but I sort of had to with putting it on a separate website and all that. I wasn't even going to post it at all actually, but I'm glad I did because a lot of people seem to enjoy it. :)
~Saka ♥

"Write a lot. Write something you’re scared to write. That’s the best advice I can give: If you have an idea, and you can’t stop thinking about it, but something about it scares you half to death—WRITE THAT."
- Rainbow Rowell

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #31 on: September 22, 2012, 08:41:06 AM »

Time to check in once again.

To answer my question, I think I enjoy and relate to Howie the most in this story. I feel for him and how torn he is with enjoying the break but yet seeing everyone drift. He is scared to death for Nick and cares so much but at the same time he's not really quite sure how to handle it. I think we've all been there before.

My least favorite is Brian. His parts of the chapters just seem to make me mad. LOL Actually i'm sure a lot of it has to do with his wife.

As much as I want to hate Nick in this, I can't. I know he's in crisis mode so I try to overlook the douchey behavior.
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #32 on: September 22, 2012, 08:43:34 AM »

Here's another question: What are your favorite interactions within the story?

Personally I LOVE when Nick and Howie or Nick and Kevin interact. Especially Nick and Howie in this one. You really get to see their special bond. Nick really takes Howie for granted and I do think that's how it was for him when he was younger. You do a great job with that, Saka!
Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it. ~ John Green

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #33 on: September 22, 2012, 12:23:11 PM »

^ I also love Nick and Howie's interactions the best.  The Nick/Howie relationship is so interesting to me because Howie puts up with so much shit from Nick, you can tell how much he cares about him.  And Nick loves and needs Howie, too, even if he doesn't realize it at this point in his life in the story.  If that's not a brotherly relationship, I don't know what is.  It's fun to read a story like this that paints a pretty accurate picture of what their relationship was probably like at this point in time and then look at the two of them now.  It seems like Nick and Howie have gotten a lot closer over the years and are actually good friends now.
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

Sakabelle

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #34 on: September 22, 2012, 04:21:09 PM »

Aw thanks guys! I definitely love writing Nick and Howie the most. Even though Nick is a huge douche in the story, I feel like since Howie's just so mellow with him and doesn't talk down to him, Nick is warmer to him than he is with the others. I really love how Nick and Howie have become so close in recent years and I do try to reflect that they must have had a bond back then as well.

Also, if I recall correctly Howie was the only one who went to visit Nick on the set of Help Me, so I sort of used that as my inspiration for Howie being the only one Nick was really close to and worked a little backwards from that.
~Saka ♥

"Write a lot. Write something you’re scared to write. That’s the best advice I can give: If you have an idea, and you can’t stop thinking about it, but something about it scares you half to death—WRITE THAT."
- Rainbow Rowell

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #35 on: September 22, 2012, 05:53:30 PM »

You can tell Nick loved him some Howie! lol And that Howie really cares for the well being of Nick.

RokofAges75

• Supreme Time Waster
    • Dreamer's Sanctuary
« Reply #36 on: September 22, 2012, 08:17:25 PM »

Yeah, you can tell Howie has always been super supportive of Nick, no matter what he does.
~Julie

"Sometimes writers and sociopaths are hard to tell apart." -J.K. Rowling

mare

• Banner hater
  • Queen of Fanfiction
  • Supreme Time Waster
« Reply #37 on: September 30, 2012, 07:46:16 AM »

Today is the last day of the month so now's the time to get your last comments and questions in to Saka!

I really do love this story, Steph. I just hope you get back to updating it soon!

Sakabelle

• General Pandemonium
« Reply #38 on: September 30, 2012, 08:43:01 AM »

Thanks Mare! And thanks much to everyone reading this story. I know I am really sporadic with updates but I really do appreciate people sticking with this one and how much everyone who reads it seems to enjoy it :)
~Saka ♥

- Rainbow Rowell

Rose

• Supreme Time Waster
  • Uh oh! We lost Nick again...
    • Double Rainbow Fiction
« Reply #39 on: September 30, 2012, 02:32:15 PM »

This story is amazing Saka! Just wanted to tell you that again...and that I think you secretly filmed them back then :P.
Double Rainbow Fiction - So Bright and So Vivid...

"Don't annoy the writer. They may put you in a book and kill you." —Anonymous

“I don’t believe in being serious about anything. I think life is too serious to be taken seriously.” —Ray Bradbury
Pages: 1 2 [3]