- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Happy New Year, everyone!
The next few days were nice. Dad was busy with this weird concert he's going to do in March, which he's really secretive about. It's like he doesn't want me to know. I wouldn't want my kid to know if I was going to do a concert when I was forty-something years old, either. So that's okay with me.
On the other hand, my Dad also told me that he actually talked with Shane a few days ago and that he told him that I wanted to go to Spain. I was kind of annoyed at Shane for telling my dad, but since that may mean we actually get to go, then I was fine with it. In fact, Dad was pretty excited to know and said we could try to do something like that. More excited than me, even, and that's saying a lot.
I went to the doctor's to have my labs done on Wednesday, and since my white blood cell counts were pretty high, then my risk on infection wasn't too high, so I got to go to school the rest of the week. That was exciting for me at first, but by Thursday I had begun to realize again what a bore school can be. Especially when you're in high school. I had a lot of catching up to do though, so it wasn't as much boring as it was challenging. However, my teachers are confident that if I work hard enough, I'll pass. I missed most of my first term, you know.
My little brother and sister are as cute as ever. The other day we took Cometa to the vet for his shots and I sat in the front while Michael and Jamie held Cometa in the back. Ever so often I asked how my dog was doing.
"Fine." Jamie would usually say.
"Yeah, he's good!" Michael would add.
One of the times, though, I asked: "How's Cometa?"
"Oh, he's turned into a cell phone." Michael commented.
I actually turned around to see what he meant.
"A cell phone?"
"You know, when you make your phone move 'stead of making noise?" Michael tried to explain. Actually I can't always understand what he's saying that well. He has trouble pronouncing his r's and his s's, but he has a wide range of vocabulary for being three and a half.
"Vibrate, you mean?" I said, trying to make sense out of that comment.
"Yeah! Cometa is virating." Michael said with a big grin, happy he had learnt a new word.
"Vibrating." I corrected with a laugh. This Michael, you gotta love him.