- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Ok here's the last update until Friday. I know, why wait until then? Well two things; one I need to write a bit more on the sequel before I begin posting it, and two there's only one chapter left before the sequel and I want to make sure that I can go straight into the sequel so you won't have to wait a while in between updates. Anyways later this week I'll be posting a character page at the beginning of the new story so you all can get to know the fictional characters and see what they look like (yep there's pictures). Anyways without further introduction here is the second to last chapter of the first installment of A-I-L. Enjoy and let me know what you think!
Chapter Twenty-Six

Chapter Twenty-Six: Happy Holidays

Nick walked down stairs wearing cargo shorts and a black wife beater smiling as he walked into the kitchen seeing Alyssa, Mary, Olivia, Angela, Kellie, Lori, Jenna and his sisters all making breakfast together and preparing things for Christmas dinner.

Alyssa looked up and over at Nick smiling at him as he watched them. Lori huffed and sat on a stool in the kitchen running her hands over her belly. “I think my kid is going to be a soccer star!” She exclaimed giggling.

Alyssa wiped her hands and put her hand on Lori’s tummy. Jumping when she felt a kick, “Damn kid’s got some power!” Alyssa added.

“So is it a boy or a girl?” Kellie asked feeling as though it had been months since they had all been together, which of course it had.

Lori smiled, “It’s a boy.” She beamed.

Clark walked in just then wrapping his arms around Lori and added, “And I hope he has your red hair.” Clark nuzzled Lori’s neck as she giggled.

“Clark you stud!” Alyssa exclaimed smacking her brother on his arm.

“I think Alyssa is happier about you being pregnant than you are darlin’.” Clark commented to Lori.

Alyssa giggled as Nick came over leaning against the cabinets pulling her body flush against his. “I’m sorry I’m going to have a nephew to play with, teach him how to play soccer, teach him how to cook, how to talk to girls. I’m excited!” Alyssa explained.

Nick smiled, “And I can teach him how to sail…” He added making Alyssa look up at him and grin.

Mary smiled at them, “I think they’ve officially entered the nesting phase!” She exclaimed making everyone laugh.

“Nesting phase mom? God make us sound like we’re birds or something.”

“More like rabbits.” Olivia retorted giggling.

Alyssa rolled her eyes and threw a carrot at her sister which only made her laugh harder.

“What the hell is the nesting phase?” Nick asked completely perplexed by Mary’s comment.

Mary laughed a little, “It’s after a certain age in men and women where you start to settle down and try to establish a familiar routine and usually that means that family becomes the center of everything.”

Nick thought a moment and smiled liking the idea of settling down more and more.

“Why do you say that mom?” Alyssa asked wondering what her mother was getting at.

Mary smiled at the two of them, “Well it means that you two are becoming family centric, talking about what you want to do with your nephew in the future… making plans for that future…”

“Don’t even go there Momma.” Alyssa interjected, “I know where you’re going with this…”

Mary smirked at her, “It’s not like you haven’t thought about it young lady.” Mary admonished making Alyssa roll her eyes and blush.

Late that afternoon…

“So honey where are you going for New Years?” Mary asked as she and Alyssa did the dishes while Nick, Clark, and Aaron were outside on the deck talking and the girls were in the living room giggling and talking.

Alyssa smiled, “Australia, to the house Kellie gave us. We’re staying there for four days and then coming back so he can get ready to go back on tour to Asia and Australia.” Alyssa replied helping load the dishwasher.

Meanwhile outside Nick, Aaron and Clark all sat on lounge chairs talking and looking out over to the water. Aaron excused himself to go inside for a few minutes and that’s when Clark turned to Nick. “So Nick, I have to ask you this considering Lori has been after me for awhile to do so.” Clark began taking a sip of his beer.

Nick shot him a confused looked, “What?”

Clark sighed, “Well you’ve always been like a brother to me you know and…”

Nick smiled for a moment, “And what exactly?”

“Well I wanted to ask you if you’d be my best man?” Clark finished fiddling with the label on his beer bottle.

Nick raised his eyebrows at him, “Hell, I’d be honored…” He replied smiling at him.

Clark sighed, “Good because Lori has been on my ass about asking you. She thinks it’s all cute that Alyssa’s her maid of honor and you’re the best man.”

Nick chuckled, “It is kind of. But I think it’d be cool and hey I get to plan a bachelor party.” He stated smirking.

Clark rolled his eyes, “No strippers. That’s my one rule…”

Nick laughed, “You sure? Because we could fly up to Vegas…”

“No, Lori would kill me and Alyssa would kill you for getting a lap dance.”

Nick laughed even harder, “No she wouldn’t, she’d just be pissed that she wasn’t there to get one too.”

Clark shot him a glare, “You took my baby sister to a strip club?”

“Her idea, when we were in Las Vegas. It was her idea to have the show’s after party at one of the best strip clubs on the strip.”

Clark looked at him in amazement, “And what did the other guys and their women think?”

“The guys thought it was hilarious. The girls actually enjoyed themselves after Alyssa bought them a couple of rounds of tequila shots.”

Alyssa walked outside just then and pulled up a chair next to Nick. “So Nick tells me you took everyone to a strip club?” Clark asked forking an eyebrow at his sister.

Alyssa giggled, “It was fun! The girls at the club were amazed that I’d come up with the idea. And that I’d let my boyfriend in the door.”

“I’m surprised it didn’t end up in the tabloids or something.” Nick added laughing a little.

Later that night…

“Hey Nick can I use your laptop?” Aaron asked politely.

Nick smiled, “Didn’t you bring yours?”

“No…”

“Ok then you can use mine…you’re not going to download porn right?”

Aaron laughed, “No just going to check my email, maybe play a game.”

“Ok bro, just don’t break it.” Nick joked.

Aaron went over to the laptop pulling up the internet and quickly checking his email. He looked around to see that almost everyone had gone to bed, with the exception of Nick who was on his way up the stairs. He smirked to himself and looked through the hard drive to see if there were any games.

He clicked on the multimedia folder and his mouth opened in shock. He looked at the thumbnails seeing one where Alyssa was lying on a bed in a red lace camisole and matching underwear. Curious he pressed play and watched the scene unfold before him.

“Nickolas what are you doing?” Alyssa asked with a playful smirk upon her face.

From behind the camera Nick replied, “Watching you.”

Alyssa smirked again and sat up draping herself across the bed so that the camera got a side view of her entire body as if shying herself away from anything more than a wide angle view. “Watching me do what?” She stated as she trailed her fingertips across the lace of the camisole traveling downward stopping just at the edge of the matching underwear. A low growl came from behind the camera as Alyssa smiled back. “What’s wrong lover?” She asked an innocent look gracing her features.

“Damn don’t stop.” He stated as Alyssa’s eyes traveled downward past the camera and she arched an eyebrow at him smirking.

Alyssa laid back on the bed bringing one knee up letting the other dangle off the side of the bed. She traced her belly button slowly then dipping below the lace of her underwear slipping it off without leaving the bed. She gasped as began moving her hand against herself and arched her back. “Nickolas…” She sighed as her hand moved in alternating pace, slow to fast and back again as she began rotating her hips ever-so slightly making her gasp and moan. “Baby I’m so close…” She stated her voice low and raspy.

The camera jostled for a moment as if being set down, still recording and Nick crossed in front of it walking over to the bed standing in front of her still fully clothed. He leaned over placing one hand the bed and with the other he pulled her hand away from in between her legs and sucked her fingers into his mouth making her whole body shudder.

She moved her hands around the back of his neck as he leaned down kissing her fully on the mouth. Alyssa wrapped her arms around his chest to his back pulling him down to her but he didn’t budge. Frustrated she moved her hands to his belt buckle undoing the belt and his jeans slipping her hand inside gripping him.

He broke the kiss pressing his forehead against hers and groaned. She smiled at him and he took her hands and put them up by her head as he leaned down placing his mouth on her collarbone. Her entire body tensed and shuddered as she let out a breathy moan. Nick continued his way down kissing and sucking along the lacy edge of her camisole to her stomach.

He stopped suddenly and looked up at her giving her a lazy grin as he knelt on the floor in front of her. Her eyes watched him intently as he gripped her hips and slid her down the bed to where her hips were just on the edge. He took one of her calves and threw it over his shoulder as she watched him kiss the inside of her thigh making her suck in a breath in anticipation.

Her back arched up off the bed as he began to move his mouth on her slowly at first. She moved her hand to tangle in his hair obviously urging him on. Her breathing had turned ragged again her entire body visibly tensing as she threw her head back and moaned louder than she had expected to.

Nick looked up at her as he kissed his way back up her body ending with a lingering kiss as she wrapped her arms and legs around him pulling him ontop of her…

Aaron jumped hearing footsteps on the stairs quickly pressing stop on the media player closing it and the laptop as well.

“What are you still doing up?” Alyssa asked with her hands on her hips.

Aaron cleared his throat and replied, “Just checking my email, Nick let me use his laptop.” He stared at her for a second seeing her in one of Nick’s button down dress shirts and not much else.

She caught his stare and giggled a little, “What are you staring at?” A challenge in her voice.

Aaron shook his head, “Sorry. Do you normally sleep in that?” He asked. “Because it doesn’t look that comfortable to sleep in.”

Alyssa laughed again at his question, “Actually no, normally clothing isn’t really an option in the bedroom…” She replied smirking as she walked into the kitchen grabbing a glass from the cupboard and the jug of water from the fridge.

“Oh, well I’m going to bed I’ll see you in the morning.” Aaron stated going down to the entertainment room where he was sleeping.

The next morning…

Nick walked down stairs to see Aaron out on the back porch sitting on a lounge chair. He thought a moment and walked out sitting on the lounge chair next to him, “Morning.” He stated.

Aaron glanced at him, “What are you doing up so early?” Aaron asked.

“Liss is in the shower I figured I’d come down and get breakfast started.” He explained.

Aaron laughed a little, “She’s in the shower and you’re not in there? Alert the media!” He retorted sarcastically.

Nick laughed, “It’s not always about that with her…”

Aaron interjected, “Sure looks like it to me.”

Nick gave him a weird look, “What did you see?” He asked knowing that his brother must have seen them do something for him to reply like that.

Aaron thought a moment, “You should be careful who you let on your laptop.”

Nick stared at him wide eyed, “Which one did you see?”

“There’s more than one?!” Aaron exclaimed.

Nick rolled his eyes grinning, “Which one?” He asked again.

“She’s in this lacy red number and…”

“You don’t have to say anymore I know which one you’re talking about.” Nick interrupted blushing a little.

Aaron laughed a little, “I was fucking shocked, I was looking for something to do on your computer and I stumble across that…damn is she that really like that?”

Nick smiled, “How much did you see of it?”

“Only like the first ten minutes of it, ‘cause Alyssa came down stairs last night and I didn’t want to get caught watching that.”

Nick laughed at his brother, “I doubt you would want to see what came after what you saw, so I’m kind of glad you got interrupted when you did.”

“You didn’t answer my question.” Aaron countered.

“Yes she’s really like that, and I love it, seeing her like that.”

Aaron shook his head, “Do you realize how lucky you are? To have a woman like her?”

Nick grinned at him, “You have no idea how lucky I am to have her…”

Four days later…

Alyssa and Nick got out of the rental car grabbing their bags as they walked up the steps to the house. “I’m so glad Kellie gave us this place.” Nick admitted as they walked inside dropping their bags by the door.

Alyssa smiled in response and walked around the house opening all the windows and doors to let the salty sea air in and the stuffy dust smell out. She ended up out on the balcony connected to the master bedroom. She took a deep breath letting her body relax as she leaned against the railing.

Nick leaned against the doorway that led out to the balcony watching her and smiled a little bit.

Alyssa felt eyes on her and smiled chuckling a little under her breath. Without turning around she announced, “So are you going to come over here or are you going to stare at my ass all day?”

He didn’t move, he just smirked in response as she turned around arching an eyebrow at him. She looked him up and down smirking to herself at their little staring contest, finally they locked eyes. Alyssa smirked at him letting him know that she wasn’t giving up.

Not moving his eyes from hers he walked over Putting his hands on the railing behind her on either side. He leaned his head down a little their lips just an inch apart. Alyssa stood there unwavering in her resolve to force him to make a move. But he didn’t. They stood there for what seemed like an eternity staring into each other’s eyes.

Frustrated that he wouldn’t budge, Alyssa broke away from him and walked into the house going down the stairs into the kitchen she’d get him for it later.

********************************

Nick Narrating:

No matter how many times I come here this is still my favorite place. Australia is definitely a place where everyone should visit at least once in their life. Just to see the natural beauty of everything here, the coral reefs, the amazing beaches, the culture, the people. It’s one of the few places in the world where one can go and just hide in plain sight.

I know Alyssa loves it here. She loves going surfing or scuba diving with me. I’m so completely lucky to have her here with me every step of the way. It’s got me thinking that maybe I should be asking a certain question soon.

But what if she’s not ready? That’s the one thing that’s holding me back. If she’s not ready to settle down permanently then she’ll say no and if she says no then…

I can’t think about that, I won’t survive without her I know that. And losing her that’d kill me. I know, I know what’s with the melodrama. Yep I said melodrama. Bet you didn’t think I knew that huh? Well I do. I own a dictionary, and I use it damnit. Just because I act like a dumb blonde in front of the media doesn’t mean I’m actually a dumb blonde. But I know I’m never going to live down certain things I’ve said in the past. Resign, reside…whatever everyone knew what I meant. How many people have screwed up a word in their lives, I bet you that everyone has at least once. Even the winner of the spelling bee.

Anyways I’m getting away from myself here. I keep looking at the ring, pulling it out staring at it, wondering exactly what it’s going to look like on her finger. How perfect a wedding band will look with it. I can’t help having these thoughts, I mean I’m nearly 26 years old. I think it’s about fucking time to grow up right? And what better way to do that, than marry the woman I love?

Alyssa’s been amazing these past few days, true the most we’ve done outside the house is to surf, swim, scuba and shop a little bit but other than that, we’ve been in bed. Just laying there playing with her hair, which I just recently learned drives her crazy. It’s perfect, just so perfect to know someone so well that you can predict what they’ll say.

Or when she’s playing with her tongue stud that means one thing and when she purposely avoids it, it means another. Like how she’ll tell me that she loves me and says it with so much passion in her eyes that you don’t think any moment could be more perfect. There is a down side to knowing so much about one person though. You know when their hiding something. For a while now I’ve noticed that there’s something that she’s holding back. I don’t know what it is exactly but I think she’s afraid of my reaction to it or something.

Whatever it is I hope she tells me soon.

End Narration

******************************

******************************

Alyssa Narrating:

New Years is truly my favorite time of year. Everyone is so ready to start anew. Making promises and resolutions for the coming year. Hoping to lose those extra holiday pounds. Or finally get that condo by the sea.

All of it gives hope for the coming year. New life, new possibilities. A chance to begin again with a clean slate, last year was the past, can’t change it move on. But this year is all about moving forward you know?

That’s the line I got from my boss Jennifer and Helen (aka Dr. Henderson).

There is something I haven’t said to anyone and that’s that I’m going to be teaching a real lecture class this spring semester. One problem though. The semester starts January 18th, 2006. The guys will be on tour from the 7th until the beginning of February then have the Pro-bowl and all sorts of other charity and celebrity things to do.

And therein lies my next problem. Telling Nick. He’s going to be so pissed when I tell him. I know he’ll get over it because he really has no choice in the matter. I have no choice in the matter either.

Seriously I fought tooth and nail against this, but if I don’t do this then I could lose my job or keep my job with no hope of getting another promotion again. I hate this, I’ve been putting it off for months just because I know it’s going to result in a fight.

Hopefully he’ll be able to see that I have no choice in the matter and he’ll be ok with it. It’s only what two three months tops that he’ll be gone right? Oh who the hell am I kidding. The both of us are going to be so fucking miserable without each other. I’ll probably fly out for his birthday, spend that with him, maybe Valentine’s Day too.

Although the tour ends on February 2nd, so he should be home for that, but he might have some promotion things to do with the guys for the Pro-bowl or something. Who knows? It’s so hard to keep track of his schedule sometimes it’s best not to question it and just go along with it.

It’s crazy what management and the label puts them all through. And to think that this is mild in comparison to what they used to do. In a way I’m glad he kept me separate from his life as a Backstreet Boy. If I knew back when I was a teenager what I know now about touring, hell I would have never have thought of going on tour with him at all.

Having such an insane schedule makes very little time for private moments. True we got time alone on tour but that was only because we made time for it. I know now what Tiffany and Isabelle complained about with him. If he’s not truly interested he won’t make the effort to make time for you, it’s not that he doesn’t want to, it’s just he doesn’t have the energy to. With me I realize he’s made time for me, and I appreciate that so much, especially with all we’ve gone through this past year. Our relationship, my dad, the miscarriage…

He’s made time for me at every step of the way, something which he’s never done for any of his past girls. He always said that it was great in the beginning but that as soon as work called him away that it’d get rough. Mostly because they were expecting him to be attentive to them 24/7. And when you date an international pop star, that’s just like grasping for a mirage in the desert. I knew exactly what his work was like before getting involved with him. I knew everything, the fans, the crazy schedules, the long travel times, the short hotel stays. It’s a nomadic existence really, but it pays the bills. The way he lights up when he’s on stage is so amazing. I mean all the fans see it and they love watching the five of them jump and dance around singing some of their favorite songs. I guess I appreciate being the girlfriend more because I knew all of this going in.

Seeing him as a fan, a friend, an employer (at one time), and now as the love of my life makes me appreciate all the wonderful things he does for his fans. Like standing in the rain to sign autographs for girls who have been waiting over night just to catch a glimpse of their favorite guy. All of this makes me love him for the man he wants to be and the man he almost is.

And yes I totally quoted Jerry Maguire there so ha!

End Narration

*****************