- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
You probably weren't expecting this, were you? But, yeah. The story's finished. I've really enjoyed it, and I hope you have too. If I get several more reviews, I'll probably start the sequel right away- after all, I know I left many unanswered questions, especially about Carrie, and she deserves to have her story told, too. Love ya! Enjoy and review! =D
The next few days were full of new discoveries and of happiness, for both Michelle and her new parents. Michelle felt like she couldn't have been luckier, and so did the Littrells. All four in the family were making an effort to adjust, though it was difficult. Most adopted children have lots of trouble adjusting and socially, and Michelle was no exception, but she had lucked out- she had the Littrells to help her out.
It took her a full month to start calling Brian "Dad", and five weeks to call Leighanne "Mom", but when she began to call them that, it felt right. Her other parents had been her biological parents, but the Littrells had been much better parents in every single way they could. They felt much more like her real parents than the Porters ever had.
The truth is that Michelle began to be the kind of girl that the Littrells had seen in her that fateful day at the orphanage: a happy, beautiful, smart child. They discovered she was really good at music and started taking her to lessons right away, which she enjoyed a lot. They restored her photograph of her Carrie and hung an enlarged version in the living room, and also they discovered that she enjoyed and was very good at photography, so they also bought her a fairly good camera.
In short, she was happy. It took time, but she turned into a very successful, well-adjusted girl, both at school and at home. It wouldn't be true to say that the Porters hadn't done any permanent damage, but she learned to get over it and smile.

---------------------

I love you, I love you, I love you
that's all I want to say
Until I find a way
I will say the only words I know you'll understand

Michelle, ma belle.


Michelle, the Beatles.