- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
I know, I know sorry for the delay everyone. Had a final to do which i aced, and the last scene took me effing forever! Anyways hope you all like! Let me know!
Chapter Twenty-Six: What Happens In Vegas Doesn't Always Stay In Vegas

Alyssa walked back into the hotel bedroom from the bathroom towel drying her hair seeing Nick no where to be found. She walked over to the open living area. "Un-fucking-believable." Nick muttered as he watched the entertainment news shows.

Alyssa wrapped her arms around his waist and sighed, "What's wrong lover?" She asked. Since his conversation with Juliette that morning the entire scandal was plaguing his mind. Alyssa of course did her best to distract him...in bed...in the shower, however he still was occupied with the thoughts of how the media was already in a frenzy.

Nick sighed as he watched the screen seeing the pictures from the night before, their arrival at the restaurant, the kissing (that one he was particularly amused by), their shopping excursion and then the chapel pictures. The anchors and correspondents ran wild with their speculation and the rumors about what exactly happened acting as if the pictures were cold hard evidence of a secret Vegas wedding. About a minute later the conversation switched to what they wore, what their friends wore and then finally Nick's family history with marriage came up and then the inevitable questions came rolling in. Will it last? Is this another Britney-esque elopement? "This is so fucked up." Nick said shaking his head at the entire lunacy of the segment.

Alyssa took the remote from him and turned off the television. "Baby come on it's just the tabloids remember? We mock their ignorance!" She remarked giggling slightly at her joke.

Nick gave her a look and sighed, "If I ever want to be taken seriously I really need to stop the tabloid scandals."

Alyssa hugged him and placed a kiss to his bare shoulder. "Baby it's all right, AJ and Kellie will announce what happened and the heat will be taken off of us."

Nick gave her a look and wrapped his arms around her letting her rest her head against his bare chest and just under his chin. "I know but is this what it's going to be like when we do get married? Fuck my mom's been married 3 fucking times. Dad's been married the same and at least he's got it right now with Ginger but still...I don't want to be compared to them...or have us compared to them." He admitted his voice growing lower and more weak by the sentence.

Alyssa looked up at him and kissed along his neck gently. "You're not your parents lover..." She said in between placing her lips to his skin. "You've learned from their mistakes..."

"Have I?" He asked solemnly.

A little put off by his question she pushed away from him and gave him a stern look. "What's that supposed to mean?" She asked softly keeping the edge to her voice at a minimum

He shook his head and shrugged, "What if...?"

Alyssa placed her fingertips to his mouth silencing him, "No, this is not a mistake, falling in love is never a mistake ok?" She said reassuringly.

"You love me right?" He asked the sincerity and concern were evident in both his voice and the almost child-like expression on his face, as if he were seeking her approval.

Her face softened and she wrapped her arms around his shoulders, "I'm in love with you. You should know that by now. I mean look at our friendship, who was there whenever you got your heart broken?"

"You..."

"Because I care about you. I've always cared, just it's grown from friendship over the years. Believe me I did not want to fall in love with you. It made my life hell for a long time not being able to just say it and have to be just this sexless friend."

"You were never a sexless friend." Nick reminded. "Remember I did fantasize about you...cursed myself for it since you know you weren't exactly the right age yet."

Alyssa giggled a little and hugged him to her. "And do you regret telling me you love me on my birthday?"

Nick shook his head ‘no'. "I'll never regret it. I had to tell you especially after...well you know..."

"Yeah I do know." She said smiling. "Then why the cold feet? Is it just that you're scared that it'll ruin us?"

"I guess I mean it's just last night I really wanted to marry you and I would have in a heartbeat if AJ and Kellie hadn't come up with it too. But I'm just scared because I was so happy at the prospect of us getting married last night. Like wow, it's finally here type of thing."

Alyssa grinned more widely than before and kissed the hinge of his jaw then moved her mouth to his ear. "I want to marry you too, it just means that we have to wait just a few more months, and you can call me your wife even though in your head you already do. I was talking with the girls and I realized how lucky we are. They're married and married for love yes, but ours is different from theirs."

"How so?"

"Okay let me ask you this, when you look at me, are you picturing what you want to do to me or just how I make you feel emotionally?" She asked earnestly. She knew it was the same question the girls had posed to her the day before and really it made her realize so many things about their relationship than ever before. Most importantly she realized how unique their situation was, to have been friends first, and slowly without pressure or romantic expectation they had fallen for one another, in their own time and way that let them really appreciate their bond as friends and now as lovers.

Nick's lower lip curled between his teeth for a moment as his brow furrowed in thought as well. "Both, I mean yeah I think of how I'm lucky to feel the way I do about you but at the same time I want you too." He admitted blushing slightly feeling like a major cornball for expressing himself so openly. He knew that it was amazing that they had gotten to this point in their relationship where nothing was really taboo anymore and she wouldn't view him as less of a man for having emotions and a heart. It was mostly due to the fact that therapy had forced them in so many ways to open up about the negativity they'd experienced in their relationship but at the same time, it opened the floodgates to all the positivity in their lives as well.

"See I gave them that same answer and don't you realize that it means that we're different than normal couples? I mean I even talked to Mom about this and her and Dad had this same connection. Not a lot of couples ever get that. Lust usually fades after awhile and is replaced hopefully by love. But we loved each other before we really let ourselves enjoy lust. Yeah we both felt the attraction to each other but we never acted on it." She explained trying to get her thoughts that were a mess in her head to come out cohesively.

Nick studied her and nodded in agreement, "It scares me sometimes how I feel about you. This past year has been the hardest we've ever seen and we survived...relationship intact. For fucks sake we're about to get rid of 2007 all together today and I keep wondering how we did it."

Alyssa pulled him into a hug and held him pressing her lips to his collar bone as she closed her eyes and just breathed him in for a few moments. She backed away after a few moments and kissed him sweetly. "So aside from wiggin' out on me about the tabloids what are you doing today?"

Nick laughed a little and smiled. "Sound check, rehearsal then the show tonight. Are you excited it's New Years Eve?"

"Yeah, I already have my dress all picked out. Just gotta go for a spa day with the girls."

Nick sighed and rubbed his hands up and down her silk covered arms. "So I figure after the party we're hosting, that you and I could go out just the two of us and then back here to well celebrate..." He suggested with a smirk.

Alyssa giggled and pushed him simply with one hand to sit on the couch with a thud. She straddled his hips and smirked back pushing her hair behind her ears. Nick smirked up at her as his hands wrapped around her hips. She leaned down keeping their lips just a few inches apart. "Why do you think I bought so much lingerie? Not all of it is for the tour you know." She whispered suggestively wrapping her hands around the back of his neck. He moved his hands around the front of her waist and began tugging at the belt to her robe. Alyssa pushed his hands away from her and kissed him quickly before getting off of him and giggling as she went back into the bedroom.

"Woman you're a fucking cocktease!" Nick shouted making her cackle at his frustration.

She poked her head out of the archway leading into the bedroom and smirked, "Did I tease yours?" She smirked back making him snicker at her.

"Baby..." He growled and got up going after her as he walked in seeing her in her bikini tying the top ties. "Fuck...you're going out in that?" He asked getting a more than slightly protective tone to his voice.

She laughed and sighed a little, "I'm hanging out by the pool with the girls for a bit before we hit the spa. Gotta get some color before we go on tour."

"But you're going to get hit on..."

Alyssa snickered at his bluntness, "Yes, and I'm engaged to you. As much as they may try I'm still coming back here tonight with you. I mean come on do you honestly think I would go for half the guys that I've been hit on by? When I have a perfectly good fiancée who I'd much rather spend time with." She reasoned with him. He smiled and wrapped his arms around her and looked at her in the mirror.

"I just worry..."

Alyssa turned to him and smiled as she placed her hands on his chest. "I know you do, and I love you for it. But believe me, I'm yours and yours alone okay? They may see me from across a room or laying out by the pool, but you're the only one who gets to touch okay?"

He smiled and pulled her body against him lifting her up so that she was taller than he was as they kissed for a few moments just as there was a knock at the door. Nick let her down and went to the door smiling at his younger sisters who chuckled at his attire of no shirt and basketball shorts that did nothing to hide his frustration.

Alyssa walked into the room fastening her sarong around her waist and grabbed her bag. "Morning ladies." She said smiling at them.

Leslie snickered and shook her head at her brother, who in turn stuck his tongue out at her. Alyssa kissed him gently before bidding him farewell for the morning and joined the girls as they walked out to the elevator. "You two are like rabbits I swear I should start calling you Bugs and Lola." Leslie quipped making the girls chuckle at Alyssa's expense.

"Sorry Les, but I can't help it." She replied shrugging a bit. In all actuality she didn't care that the girls were laughing at hers and Nick's sexual appetite as of late.

BJ sighed, "It's so odd to think you're going to be my sister soon. I mean I've always kind of considered you to be one, just it's an odd concept...you know Nick getting married and all." She said as they walked out of the elevator once it hit the lobby. As if almost on cue a few photographers who had been waiting for either Alyssa, Nick or them both together, descended upon the women.

"Are you enjoying Vegas so far Alyssa?" One with a video camera asked.

Alyssa grinned at them from behind her thick sunglasses. "Yes very much so, I suggest the poker tables and roulette." She quipped back trying her best to be polite to them in the hopes they'd go away.

"So you did some gambling?" Another tall man asked with a grin from behind his camera.

"It's Vegas, a little gambling never hurt anyone. Just have to know when to call it quits before you lose everything you came with." She joked back while the girls made their way out to the pool.

"Alyssa, did you and Nick get married?" One asked making Alyssa laugh and roll her eyes.

"Where are you going on your honeymoon?" Yet another one in the crowd asked not even caring that she didn't have a moment to think about the questions let alone answer them.

"Wouldn't you like to know?" She joked with them teasing them with the idea that the rumor could be true. It was almost like the more she tried to shrug them off the harder they tried and the more penetrating their questions became.

"Did you have a pre-nup?" One asked.

"Are you pregnant?" Another suggested as to the reason why Nick would have married her in such a haste.

Alyssa rolled her eyes in response as Leslie lunged in for a verbal attack. "How dare you ask that? It's none of your business!" She shrieked.

Alyssa placed a hand on her shoulder calming her down a little. "No I'm not pregnant, not like it's any of your business but do I look like I'm pregnant?" She asked looking down at her athletic bikini clad body. "Yeah I didn't think so either." She added.

"Are you and Nick still going to therapy?" One in particular asked making Alyssa's back bristle slightly. She had no idea that they'd known they'd been to therapy in the first place and it irked her to no end that they'd bring up a very private thing between the two of them.

Her anger bubbled beneath her very cool, calm and collected exterior. She wanted to give them all a verbal lashing for trying to pry their way into her private intimacy between herself and her fiancé. Instead of letting her anger get the best of her, and giving them exactly what they wanted, she laughed at them mostly and replied, "Don't you have someone more important to pester? Isn't Paris Hilton showing off her labia somewhere more trendy than a hotel pool?" She quipped getting a good laugh from the photographers.

Leslie grew a little more stand-offish and rolled her eyes at them, "If you jerks don't mind we'd like to hang out by the pool without feeling like we're in a photo shoot thank you." She remarked curtly trying to keep her growing anger at bay.

Alyssa sighed and sat at a lounge chair by her own sister, her partner and her two best friends. "Okay guys, I think you have plenty of pictures, can you guys let us girls be so we can relax? I'll only ask once then I'm getting hotel security." She requested hoping they'd get the hint and just leave. Some of them grumbled and others cursed her under their breath as they left.

"The nerve I swear." Angel remarked disgustedly.

Alyssa shrugged and laughed a little, "Eh don't let em bug you. Just gotta ignore them for the most part." She reminded.

Olivia giggled a little, "Nick teach you that?"

"Yes he did, be polite answer the questions superficially and just hope they go away." She replied making all the girls laugh at her. "What?"

"Just you're so different, like being famous doesn't bug you anymore." Kellie remarked giving her a suspicious glance.

Alyssa busted out laughing at their looks towards her. "Puh-lease I am so not famous. It's freakin' ridiculous they treat me like I'm a celebrity just because I'm engaged to one. I've just grown to a point where I really don't give a shit anymore. Let them take pictures of us, I really don't care and neither should Nick. He was freaking out this morning because the media is already going nuts thinking we got married last night. And really I don't care what they think they don't matter."

"What about your career?" Lori asked arching an eyebrow over her glasses.

"If my career is going to be jeopardized by false shit written about me in the rags then I guess I didn't really deserve to be where I am in my career if they'll just take it away when my performance has never been effected by the tabloids before. I mean Kellie come on you're the one who got married, and would you think twice about it if you were hounded like this?"

"No..."

"Exactly, it's just a fact of my life now and I don't care about them let them write and say what they want I know who I am and I know he loves me so really who gives a shit?" She replied. As much as she disliked the attention that the paparazzi paid her she had learned to accept that it was going to be a fact of life being with Nick and his lifestyle. Especially with them playing decoys for Kellie and AJ it really all came with the territory and while she hated the attention she had learned over time to either ignore it or just accept the inevitability of it and move on. It didn't mean she had to buy into the idea that the paparazzi were going to follow her around or that she even felt like she somehow deserved the attention at all. It was just something that she wasn't used to nor did she ever want to be used to it but just something she knew that from time to time that she was going to have to endure and really since it didn't happen everyday she knew she could handle the small amount of attention that they did get from the media in comparison to bigger tabloid-loving stars.

Angela cackled at Alyssa's little rant, "Wow the sex must be REALLY fantastic if you don't give a shit what the media says about you."

Alyssa smiled and sighed, "It's really fucking fantastic actually thank you for asking." She retorted with a smirk.

"Ew..." Angel, Leslie and BJ all added in unison thoroughly grossed out at the thought of their brother and future sister-in-law were having sex at all let alone really good sex.

Alyssa laughed at the three of them and sighed, "Oh come on it's not gross. How do you think Nick feels when he hears the three of you discussing sex around him? He gets how Clark does, grossed out and over protective of you three."

"He does?" Leslie asked a little shocked, "I mean Mike and I are engaged, you'd think he'd accept that I have sex with him."

"Yeah just like my older brother should accept that I like to screw my fiancée right? They're brothers they're not going to get it or accept it ever. It's their role to protect the baby sisters, which you three are to him. Hell he doesn't even like thinking that Aaron has sex let alone the three of you. Especially you Angel, I think he wants to just not even think that you and Colin screw." She added making Angel blush. "It doesn't bother me because well, we're all girls here, but hearing about Kellie and Aaron was rather weird when they were together." She explained. "I think it's because I still see him as a 12 year old kid and not a 20 year old." She added making Angel laugh a little.

"Well I'm only 20 too you know." She reminded.

"Yes, but it's different because you're a girl and I see you as my sisters so it doesn't bother me like it doesn't bother me at all to hear about Ollie and Angie right girls?" She said nodding at them.

"Yeah girls talking about sex is one thing, but hearing about Clark is a little gross to me." Olivia admitted, "He's my brother so I try to imagine that he's a Ken doll and therefore Jamie was brought by stork because yeah...sex and my brother are two thoughts I'd rather not consider. Just like you three do not wish to hear about Nick and Aaron's varying sex lives." She explained making all of the girls bust out in laughter at her remarks.

Meanwhile, Nick stood on stage looking around to his band mates as they rehearsed for the night's show. Since they were not only performing but hosting the party as well meant they had to be there for most of the day practicing introductions, as well as their own sound check and rehearsal. He'd been glad for the fact that they were secluded inside the hotel's nightclub.

The paparazzi had hounded him as well as he and the others made their way into the building. He shrugged them off still playing the part of the decoy all the while he hoped that AJ and Kellie would announce the truth to the matter relatively soon to relieve themselves from dealing with the paparazzi for the rest of the trip. The questions came after him like moths to a flame asking from everything from why they eloped to if she was pregnant like they had asked her not to long before. He shrugged off those questions with ease.

It did however slightly amuse him that they'd started asking right away where his wedding band was and if it was already annulled in the hopes of creating an even larger scandal that he'd had a marriage that only lasted a few hours. The fact that they were already dooming his marriage that didn't even really exist yet, to complete failure hurt him more than he knew he should let on. Thankfully he kept his wits about him, hoping that Alyssa wasn't going through the same torment they were trying to inflict upon him.

Now more than ever he was truly glad that AJ and Kellie had sprung the idea on everyone before they'd had a chance to really go through with it. It made him realize that it would have only caused more trouble with the tabloids that he was trying so desperately to prove that scandal didn't stalk his every waking move.

AJ came up to him and patted him on his shoulder, "I'm sorry man about the tabs. If it makes you feel any better I'm announcing it soon. Just to get the pressure off of you two." He admitted trying to make him feel better.

Nick chuckled a little, "You know, she and I almost did get married last night?"

AJ's eyes grew wide with surprise. "You did?"

"Yeah, you two beat us to it, we were about to announce it ourselves when Kellie told us. So I guess I should thank you."

"Thank us? For stopping you from getting married?"

Nick chuckled and shook his head, "From rushing it. Wedding in Vegas is totally not our style. We were caught up for a minute at the possibility of finally doing it and I got carried away with it. I mean seriously I'm dying to marry her but like this? With the media chomping at the bit for every last detail? No thank you."

Just then Brian came up beside him and grinned at the conversation going on between them. "It's kind of nice you know...to see you so settled and all." He remarked making Nick snicker at him. "No I'm serious, she's changed you a lot in more ways than I think you even realize." He added.

Nick shrugged and grinned, "Is it a bad thing that she's changed me? Or is she pulling a total Yoko on us?" He joked making the others roll their eyes at him.

"No it's definitely not a bad thing. Although I could deal with a little less sarcasm." Brian quipped back.

"Tough shit there man. It's her fault she's completely sarcastic, you know how she is. I guess it's just rubbing off."

"Considering how much rubbing you two do I'm assuming so." Howie retorted making the four of them roar with laughter at the play on words.

"Guys, seriously now, we need to rehearse." Nick said hoping to take the conversation away from his relationship. It wasn't that he didn't mind talking about his own personal happiness or anything of the sort. But with the media paying increasingly close attention to it he figured the best thing for him to do at the moment was to keep talk of his love life to a minimum.

Later that evening...

Nick came into his hotel room with a rather exasperated sigh. Now more than ever he couldn't wait for 2007 to be truly over with. He walked into the bedroom seeing a pair of rather fierce looking heels next to a dress on the bed. The dress was definitely fitting for a Vegas New Years blowout, it had large blue sequins at the bust and shoulder straps that then faded and turned into gold sequins as it reached the hemline of the dress. He couldn't wait to see how the small dress would fit perfectly onto Alyssa's curves. He held up the shoes, platform peep toed with black leather straps that would wrap around Alyssa's foot and secure at her ankles with a very thin 5 inch heel to match. He grinned knowing that it would make them exactly the same height or nearly so.

Hearing a clanging in the bathroom he walked in seeing Alyssa standing in her white silk robe, her hair up in rather large rollers, cursing under her breath that she'd dropped her bottle of liquid eye liner in the sink. Thankfully she'd picked it up before it'd had a chance to spill any on the white marble. He leaned against the door and smirked as she finished lining her left lid making her look almost exotic with her classy smoldering makeup. Alyssa saw him out of the corner of her eye and smirked. "It's not polite to stare Nickolas."

He chuckled and came up behind her trying to untie her robe as he had done earlier in the day. She swatted at his hands and held her robe closed wanting what she wore underneath to truly be a surprise for later on in the evening. "Ooo now I gotta see what you're hiding under there..." He said trying again to get the robe to open. Alyssa smacked his hands away from her giving him a stern warning glance that made him back away groaning in defeat. "After the day I've had...not even a little peek?" He asked getting a puppy dog look on his face.

"I didn't have the best day either thank you. I mean I did hanging with the girls and all but to be hounded by the paps when all I wanted was to chill by the pool? Yeah not fun."

Nick's brow furrowed in slight anger. He knew that the tabloids were going to be after them but he'd hoped that she'd at least be spared from it. Unfortunately they'd had no such luck. "I got it too. I'm sure it's all over TMZ by now." He replied.

"Oh yeah, especially since they found out we've been in therapy and asked if I was pregnant and if we had a pre-nup." She remarked as she pushed him out of the bathroom and grabbed her dress and shoes closing the door behind her as she slipped off her robe and put the dress on over the lingerie she'd chosen for the evening. A few moments later she emerged from the bathroom putting on the shoes making them almost exactly the same height as he suspected they would be. With her hands going up to her hair and an exasperated sigh she began letting her hair fall in loose curls around her shoulders. "It infuriates me you know? I mean I'm not famous one little bit and just because I happen to be engaged to you it's like I'm suddenly a media whore attention seeker like Paris." She scoffed showing her true disdain for the heiress.

Nick gave her a sympathetic look. "But you know that you're not. And it's precisely why we're moving out of LA. Do we honestly want to bring up a family with those assholes around all the time? Hell no..." He reasoned making her grin at him as she placed some chunky bangles on her wrist. He looked at her outfit and smiled, "You look hot by the way."

She giggled a little and did a little twirl for him. "You like? Kel picked it out for me. I figured something fun and a little more flashy was in order for tonight."  

"Uh huh..." He nodded and pulled her to him as she dropped the last curler on the vanity. "Suddenly a party doesn't seem all that interesting..." He whispered as he moved to kiss her only to meet nothing but air as she ducked out of his arms frustrating him to no end. "Lissa..." He hissed at her making her giggle from across the room.

"Get dressed you have a show to do mister." She admonished making him growl at her. "Hey if you're lucky I'll make it worth your while later..." She teased as she flopped herself down on the bed crossing her legs in front of her and leaned back onto her elbows watching him walk around the room and begin to disrobe.

"If I'm lucky?" He asked with slightly more of an edge to his voice as he tossed his shirt to the side. She smirked and watched him kick off his shoes and pants finding the black jeans he'd been looking for slipping them on with a white belt, shirt, shoes and a jacket to match.

Alyssa got up from her current position and walked over to him grabbing a small tub of pomade in her hand smearing some on her fingers then ruffling them through his hair making it stand on end to her liking. He smirked and chuckled a little at how she'd take the initiative, especially recently to adjust certain things about his look, mainly just involving how he wore his hair or to change from a hideous, Nick inspired outfit to one that would fit his personal style much better. "You look hot yourself now." She remarked smirking at him. He checked himself in the mirror and grinned then turned to kiss her on her cheek.

"I love you." He said simply as she wrapped her arm around his grabbing her small clutch purse before they headed out to the nightclub where the show would begin in less than an hour. Nick smiled at her as they walked through the lobby of the hotel and went to the nightclub that was connected to the hotel seeing a crowd already forming outside. They met up with their friends and family talking here and there. Kellie giggled as she witnessed their interactions. Nick broke away from her reluctantly going over to warm up with the others.

"Sweetheart you look gorgeous." Mary said remarking at how her daughter looked that evening.

Alyssa beamed and hugged her mother giggling at how she had to bend to hug her more than she normally did. Alyssa busied herself with small talk with all the girls as well as her brother and Aaron every once in a while she'd sneak a glance through the window hearing the faint sounds of the guys vocally warming up in the hall. Once they were done and walked back into the room Alyssa discreetly took Nick by the hand and led him out to the hall way and ducked him into a small alcove just before the stage. He gave her and odd look but didn't question it as she wrapped her arms around his neck and pulled him into a feverish kiss.

His body gave into her his hands moving around her waist to press into the small of her back. She grinned and broke the kiss looking at him. "Want a little taste of what you get tonight?" She asked with a snarky smirk playing upon her lips. Despite the darkness of the alcove she'd ushered him into he could definitely tell there was a mischievous look on her face that accompanied her tone.

His breathing quickened and he replied with a quick and very quiet ‘yes'.

She leaned in again nipping along his scruffy jaw and unhooked his belt and unfastened his jeans sliding her hand inside wrapping around him slowly. He gasped and swallowed hard as he leaned his head back against the wall behind him. His entire body tensed and froze almost afraid of what she would do next. She moved her other hand up to his lower abdomen just under his shirt and scraped her nails gently against his skin making him shudder involuntarily simultaneously as she stroked him to the point where he lost his sanity.

When she felt his body begin to shudder more and break out in a light sheen of sweat she stopped and pulled her hands away from him and zipped up his pants and refastened his belt placing a chaste kiss to his mouth before turning on her heel and walking out of the alcove and out to the VIP area where their friends and family were all seated.

He stood there in shock as he watched her walk out of the long corridor passing his band mates along the way. Each of them gave him a knowing look and chuckled under their breath before turning him towards the stage just in time for the show to begin.

Meanwhile in the VIP section Alyssa sat between Kellie and Lori giggling loudly as they watched the four of them get up on stage. Lori leaned over to Alyssa. "Nice work sweets, that's definitely going to get the message boards going." She remarked motioning to Nick's trousers.

Alyssa snickered with a rather wide triumphant grin. "What can I say? I like torturing him." She replied catching Nick's intent stare from the stage. She grinned at him widely and arched an eyebrow at him signaling that they were indeed going to play one hell of a game of cat and mouse. Throughout much of the concert Alyssa sat herself in the VIP section talking animatedly with her friends and family. When it came time for the boys' performance Alyssa and everyone quieted down watching them perform some old tracks and some from the new album. About midway through their performance the four of them got to talking about New Years resolutions.

"So Nick what's yours?"

Nick grinned and shot a look over to Alyssa, "Settle down and start a family."

Brian snickered and gave a collective ‘aww' noise along with much of the crowd. "But Nick isn't it the big rumor that you've already settled down?" He said playing devil's advocate and making the many photographers in the room turn their heads.

Nick chuckled and sighed, "Ah yes you can't always believe what you read though, right AJ?"

AJ cackled mischievously and sighed, "Well thanks to Nick and his lovely fiancée Alyssa, they played decoy for myself and Kellie. So the tabloids did get it right, a Backstreet Boy did get married last night...just they got the wrong one." He admitted making the room go silent for a few moments before it erupted in cheers for him in congratulations.

As it got closer and closer to midnight, Alyssa, Kellie, Leighanne and Leigh all made their way backstage passing the same alcove that Alyssa had pushed Nick into just about 3 hours beforehand. She smirked as she passed it and gathered with the other girls watching their men dancing and singing from a completely different vantage point than the crowd had. With just a few minutes to spare before midnight each of the girls joined them on stage, Alyssa finding Nick off to the front of the stage where he was talking animatedly with the crowd. He smiled and wrapped his arms around her when he felt her presence next to him.

Alyssa looked around seeing Leighanne and Brian exchanging a private conversation through whispers and knowing smiles. Howie and Leigh were busy eating up the attention from the crowd. On the other side of them AJ stood behind Kellie his hands caressing her well-rounded stomach and kissing her bare shoulder as she beamed at him happily. She looked back around seeing her mother, siblings, as well as Nick's siblings standing in the VIP section smiling at her.

She waved and blew kisses to them as the countdown to midnight began. Nick turned Alyssa to him smiling brightly at each other, "5...4...3...2...1...HAPPY NEW YEAR!" The crowd shouted loudly as balloons and confetti fell from the ceiling. Alyssa grinned widely as their lips met in a sweet yet passionate kiss. His hands wound around her waist, as the whole world fell away, no hot stage lights, or flashbulbs, screaming fans or any of the sort. Nothing mattered but the fact that 2007 was finally over and 2008 had already started with a bang.

Later that night...

After the hoopla of the initial celebration had gotten underway mostly everyone had retired for the night for their own private celebrations or because they were indeed exhausted from the partying thus far. Still determined to celebrate the ending of 2007 Nick and Alyssa left Body English and found themselves at Pure night club. Somehow over the course of the previous few hours Nick and Alyssa had some how gotten separated while at an after party. Alyssa had stayed relatively close to the booth they'd shared in the VIP section. She looked around the room seeing his familiar spikes of blonde hair and smiled.

Nick sighed looking around the room trying to locate his fiancée having little to no luck. Every once in a while they'd catch a glimpse of each other from across the room, he'd make his way over and by the time he'd arrive where she'd been seen just moments before was unoccupied by her presence. It drove him nuts that she was truly enjoying the intricate cat and mouse game between them dodging his advances towards her at every turn keeping a physical distance between them that only served to make him want to find her, get her alone and violate her immediately and repeatedly.

Just then he felt a pair of arms wrap around him and he turned expecting to see Alyssa standing there but instead a beautiful young woman stood there smiling up at him. "You look lost." She said slightly slurring her words, the smell of vodka and vermouth prevalent on her breath.

He chuckled and removed her hands from around his neck. "No I'm just looking for someone." He said looking around the room once more trying to spot his fiancée now more than ever.

"Well I think you've found someone. Or well someone's found you..." She replied giggling at herself. He inwardly cringed not knowing exactly how to handle this situation. In another place and a completely different time in his life he would have readily and drunkenly accepted this girl's rather brazen advances towards him.

Still standing in the same spot as before Alyssa giggled to herself as she watched Nick try to politely dismiss her advances. Getting an idea Alyssa grabbed her phone and text messaged him quickly seeing him smirk as he pulled out his blackberry that had buzzed in his pocket.

Not even 24 hours into 2008 and you're already whoring it up? LOL.


Nick laughed at her text and messaged her back.

Where are you? You can see me...save me please...

Alyssa snickered and figured she'd watch him suffer just a little bit longer.

Despite Nick's blatant refusal to accept or even acknowledge her advances towards him. When she figured he'd suffered enough of the drunken blonde's flirtatious and borderline skanky behavior Alyssa made her way over to him wrapping her arms around his shoulders and placing a kiss to the back of his neck. "Hello lover..." She whispered making him grin and turn his head to look at her. Alyssa caught the eye of the girl who was trying to press herself up on Nick and smirked. "Sorry honey, this ones already taken." She remarked taking his wrist and leading him out of the nightclub.

Once they hit the dry chilly Las Vegas night air the two of them broke out into a fit of laughter. The several camera people standing by the door caught this and started to follow them as they walked, arms around each other, back to the hotel. They ignored the pleas for them to answer questions only telling them "goodnight" when they reached their hotel's lobby.

Once inside the elevator Nick pressed Alyssa up against one of the mirrored walls and went to kiss her but was stopped by Alyssa's fingertips on his lips. She grinned and pointed to the sign that warned of surveillance cameras in the elevators. "I don't think we want the tabloids to get a load of us in an elevator..." She warned and he relaxed and pushed back away from her holding her in front of him for the time being tapping his foot impatiently as he possibly could trying to will the elevator to travel to their floor just that much faster.

As soon as the elevator doors opened Nick took Alyssa's hand and practically bolted down the hallway making her giggle rather loudly at his enthusiasm. He silenced her by pressing her up against the wall just next to the door to their suite and pinning her there with his body pressed against her. Her breathing quickened as well as her heart beat as they stood there staring at each other. She wanted him to kiss her more than anything at the present moment, but also knew that he was getting revenge for torturing him so much throughout the night.

Without breaking eye contact with her he retrieved his key from his back pocket and unlocked the door pushing her inside while she attacked his neck with her mouth. "Dress...off...now..." He said gruffly as she bit along his collarbone. Alyssa grinned and backed away from him and unzipped and slipped off the dress leaving her in the red corset he'd noticed the other day in her shopping bags along with the black lace underwear that went with it. His breathing stopped for a moment as he drank in the sight of her.

Then pure instinct took over and he tore at his jacket throwing it to the ground as he lunged for her picking her up against him as he walked her backwards past the bed and pressed her up against the window that overlooked the strip. She shivered feeling the cool glass hit her warms skin and her hands immediately began lifting his shirt off of him tossing it to some unknown place in the room. She grinned as she felt him slip her underwear down over her hips letting it fall to her ankles. She kicked it to the side and went to grab at her shoes but he moved her hands away from them. She gave him a look as he placed her hands at his belt buckle. She smirked and tugged it off of him and unfastening his pants once more like she had earlier in the evening instead this time she pushed them down his hips letting them pool at his feet.

Growing more and more impatient Nick took Alyssa's thigh and wrapped it around his hip causing the tip of his cock to graze against her just enough to make her groan and move her hips forward wanting more. He entered her slowly yet forcefully making her moan and brace herself against the black vertical framing of the window. He wanted to tease her, torment her like she'd done to him since earlier in the day. But at the present moment all he could think of was how much he needed her.

Their eyes locked keeping themselves just inches apart from each other as her hands moved between them and began unhooking the corset letting it drop to the floor silently revealing the rest of her to him. He leaned in pressing her fully against the cool window pane making goose bumps rise all over her skin at the sensation of the glass on her overly heated bare back. Only then did he lean in and kiss her. She groaned as their lips met fervently feeling her temperature rise as he began moving in and out of her. She broke the kiss feeling the intense need for air as her body began to react so quickly. She gasped for air and looked at him seeing his intensity of determination written all over his face. Grinning she moved one hand to the back of his neck making his expression soften as he leaned back in to kiss her both of them smiling just as their lips lightly grazed the others.

At the moment when their kiss broke Nick looked over her shoulder seeing the bright lights of the strip and grinned a little at the sight of the city looking so quiet from their vantage point. Alyssa noticed his gaze and looked over her shoulder for a second and snickered getting an idea. She pushed him back for a moment ripping his gaze back to her with an entirely confused look. He stepped back to her as she grinned and turned away from him so they would be both looking at the view before them.

He chuckled and wrapped his arms around her holding her wrists against the window in front of her. He dropped one hand between them guiding himself back inside her making them both suck in a breath. Nick moved her hair over her shoulder exposing her neck to him. He kissed along it making her shiver while they began moving against one another meeting each other equally in effort. Alyssa brought her arms in close to her body away from the window tightening his embrace upon her. Feeling his legs weaken as they both drew closer and closer to the edge he leaned them forward using the double paned glass for extra support.

Moaning loudly Alyssa tipped her head back onto his shoulder. She clutched his forearms as they continued their fevered pace. Her breathing grew ragged and uncontrollable as she felt that all too familiar pressure bubbling up in her stomach. She wanted to hold back just a little longer, desperately not wanting the feelings to cease. She pushed her thoughts elsewhere to the sounds he made, how they were muffled slightly because his mouth was firmly attached to her neck nipping and sucking on her sensitive skin only stopping to breath and let out a muffled growl every time he would thrust back into her.

She turned her face to him looking at him as he'd hunched his shoulders so he could reach her collarbone. He looked up seeing her eyes and smiled pressing his lips to hers while one hand took control of her arms letting the other fall down her waist and find it's way in between her legs rubbing around and on her clit roughly making her knees buckle and a strangled cry emanate from her lips, breaking their kiss as her orgasm began to flood her senses. Feeling her muscles convulse around him he followed just moments later with a satisfied groan. They both slumped against the window their legs wobbling enough so that they both slunk to the floor in a tangled sweaty heap.

They both laid there in a comfortable silence letting their breathing go back to normal before Alyssa turned looking down at him with a grin. He smiled back and pulled her down to him pushing her hair back behind her ears. "I love you..." He said quietly making her grin widen into a radiant smile as she mirrored the sentiment before claiming his mouth against hers.