- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Enjoy the update and thanks for reading
Chapter 11



It had been a long morning for Nick, too long, he mused as he shuffled in the door that afternoon. He had been in meetings with his manager all morning and just did a rehearsal for that nights show at the nightclub he played at downtown. When he got home he put down his guitar case and told AJ he was going to take a nap. When he looked at his king sized bed, his eye caught sight of the large bathroom and an idea formed in his head. Running the water, Nick thought it would be nice to take a long bath and clear his head. Nick undressed and lay in the hot water, sighing as the steam rose. He lay there under the bubbles for a long time, deep in thought. Nick's mind drifted to Amanda and the baby, which was due any day. He hoped he would be a better father than his own father had. Nick thought sourly about his own father who left when he was five years old. He didn't remember anything about him, had nothing to go by except for a beat up photograph that stood on his nightstand. Nick knew he could raise this child
better than he had been raised. Becoming a father scared him to death in a way also, he was worried what would happen if this baby was indeed his. He never regretted the night in Aruba, but hung on to the memory to remind himself it really did happen. He heard his cell phone ringing in the other room and knew it was Brian but didn't get up. The bath water was still warm and the smell was relaxing. Nick closed his eyes and heard the phone ringing again but still did not move from his spot, even when he heard the doorbell. Nick wondered why everyone was bothering him when he was in the bathtub and sighed again.

"Nick!" a voice came from the doorway. Nick opened his eyes and saw Brian standing in his bathroom, his eyebrow raised.

"Yeah?" Nick asked casually.

"What the hell are you doing?" Brian demanded, gaping at Nick's naked body in the bathtub.

"Taking a bath....and why are you in my bathroom?" Nick answered, sitting up in the tub.

"Why?" Brian asked, still confused. He had never felt more awkward in his life, standing in his best friend's bathroom as his friend took a bath.

"You never seen a guy take a bath before? They relax me." Nick replied as he laughed.

"Never mind that, Amanda is in labor!" Brian shouted, waving his arms.

"Shit! Shit!" Nick cursed as he leapt out of the tub and got dressed. He raced down the stairs and out to the car, Brian hopping into the passenger seat. Nick pulled out of the driveway and sped down the highway towards the hospital.

"Dude, slow down. I don't feel like writing you a ticket." Brian cautioned him. Nick looked a little crazed as he punched down on the gas and cut off the driver in front of him.
"Nick...."

"I have to be there for this, Bri. I can't miss it,"

"You could slow down a little, its not like the baby is yours," Brian stated with a big laugh. When Brian noticed Nick wasn't laughing he stopped.

"The baby isn't yours, right, Nick?" he asked.

"Nick?"

"Well, it could be." Nick said finally, slowing down a bit to turn into the parking lot of the hospital.

"How in the hell..." Brian stammered, looking at him in suprise.

"It happened in Aruba. It wasn't supposed to happen, but I am glad it did."

"Are you out of your mind?!" Brian yelled, but Nick was already out of the car and into the hospital.